Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrianBannon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#420 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

My only fear is that prices rise so much so they make people reconsider operating them.

Having operated all JJP pins from WOZ LE to GnR LE, you really have to like pinball a lot to operate one at these price points. I almost didn't buy GnR, but it was too cool to pass up.

#504 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Define “tanked”. Hobbit was $7500 NIB. I bought one for $6500. Is that “tanked” or “normal”? When Sterns like Elvis, Sopranos & South Park were $3500 NIB, you could get them used all day long for like $1500. Seems like games that depreciate today still hold a significant amount of their value.

Price for The Hobbit started at $7500 for preorders, yet well before these games were available prices increased after Feb 2013 to $8000 and eventually up to $9000. Also, once Smaug sales slowed down JJP rolled out the Black Arrow edition and that didn't help sellers of Smaug. So, making a comparison at $6500 doesn't compare well to those people buying NIB above that preorder price.

Elvis, Sopranos, and South Park for $1500? Unless they were broken and sitting on three legs, none of these pins were readily available working for close to $1500. I understand you are trying to make a point here that newer games depreciated more in the past than today. I agree with that point, but I think your examples are unrealistic.

#506 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

You're exactly right. People that doubt the value you added don't understand the situation with WoZ. Light boards will fail eventually with anything but 2.0. to install is a pain in the ass.
    WoZ in generally has really started to go up in value recently and ones with 2.0 even more. Derrick is 100% right

To add to your point. As a former WOZ ECELE owner, without the 2.0 light boards, I wouldn't even consider buying a 7.5 lamp board game regardless of the price. I replaced ALL the lamp boards in my game twice, and some three times. For those of you that haven't had that problem in your Emerald Green or Ruby Red game, consider yourself very lucky.

#554 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I used to go to auctions all the time, and those games absolutely went for those prices...they’re routed games so condition varies, but none were broken and awful. For a certain time, the only Stern Whitestar games that held value in the $3k zone were TSPP & LOTR...everything else was commonly $2000 or less.

Okay, so you are using auction prices as a comparison, that explains it.

1 week later
    #1047 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

We've been saying this for a few years. I agree it is crazy...but while the prices might have got a boost due to COVID...they were already headed that way before then. I doubt they are going to go down any time soon. We are just in prime nostalgia people with money timeframe. Sure, there may be a few less, but you might have more operators buying at that point to make up for it.

Coin operated amusement games, meaning all amusement games and not just pinball, as an industry probably had its worst year ever in 2020. To date, 2021 isn't much different. Will business be better in another 6-8 months? Hopefully, yes it will. That said, existing locations and operators will have to get back on their feet again. In pre-Covid times, it was already a risky proposition placing a JJP game on location. This coming Fall it will still be a risky proposition with a higher price tag.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrianBannon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=BrianBannon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.