Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BallyKISS1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m sure this is somehow Stern’s fault.

I put a deposit down for EHOH and Stern jacked the price up $500 in January 2021. Not happy, but guess I am glad it’s not a $1000 more.

#743 3 years ago
    Quoted from pbwizard14:

I can't even see the attraction to toppers. They're not for me even if they were given away, I'd put it in a safe place or sell it. Another thing I've noticed about people on this site is their mod hunger. A machine gets announced and people are already talking about putting more stuff into the game and at a price that is crazy too. Whining about a price increase for NIB when other areas of "the pinball hobby" are outrageous, but apparently justified, is bizarre to me.

BKSOR topper is pretty badass and was under $500. For me that topper was a must have. Bought it before I even bought the pin.

1 week later
    #1021 3 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

Let me ask an obvious question. Sorry if it's been covered already.
    If I purchase a GNRLE directly from JJP @ 10.5k today, wouldn't they be motivated to fulfill my order before all the orders that are queued up with distributors? I have no clue what JJP margins are, but 1k is likely a very healthy boost to their existing margins.
    I also think it's unfortunate that the 1k deposit is non-refundable. From my perspective, it needs to have a time out. If I don't receive a game in 90 days, I am entitled to get my deposit back.

Unfortunately no. People who paid in full for CE on day one did not get there’s first.

#1210 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

I could not be in greater agreement with your recent posts.
    Look at the for sale ads here on Pinside. Nearly everyone selling a pin is asking top dollar for whatever they're listing.
    God forbid JJP should also try to get top dollar for the pins they sell. (And they have real overhead to consider)
    FYI: I ordered a GNRLE last week at the new higher price. Sucks, but I'm hearing that it's worth it so I'm taking the plunge.
    Looking froward to enjoying it when it finally arrives, many months from now.

Brave spending over $10k on a game you have not played. Not being sarcastic, I couldn’t do it. I always try before I buy, if I can, and so far I have. Hopefully you get it sooner than later and love it.

#1212 3 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

And Rick and Morty. The B/W flipper mechs when married with P-ROC or other systems just don't feel right.
    I love my R&M and the flippers aren't AWFUL, but they are not great (for several reasons). Fortunately, Spooky is working on it and I'm pretty certain they will figure it out.
    You'd think that in 2021, pinball companies would be able to nail the flippers...arguably the most important aspect of a pinball machine! Sigh.

Like buying an expensive sports car with all the bells and whistles but comes with a 4 cylinder motor.

#1359 3 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Where are you getting those prices? I have not seen anything like that. You can do the math any which way but $16850 is way too much for any pin imo. I think a lot of people are going to get burned in the future thinking that just because all these other pins go for a lot then any new pin will go for a lot, too.

Totally agree. When Kenner released Star Wars toys again in the 1990’s everyone bought them thinking they would be worth a ton since the old original figure prices went through the roof. You couldn’t give away the new figures.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BallyKISS1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=BallyKISS1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.