Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

There are 1,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 31.
    #1 3 years ago

Anyone have any more info on this? I put $200 down on an LE with Pinballstar, so I just need to know if I’m locked in to the $9500 price or if I’m now going to have to pay $10,500.

#2 3 years ago

Wtf?! Must be some mistake?

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Wtf?! Must be some mistake?

They probably took everyone’s advice when they were clamoring for more POTC’s to be made at a higher price. F’it just raise them all.

Easy cash grab with all the backlogged orders can’t say I blame them, test the old price elasticity a bit.

#6 3 years ago

I don't remember ever seeing a price increase this high all at once. Pretty crazy.

I played GnR last weekend and thought it was great, but man, how high can these prices keep climbing? I know demand is through the roof on this one, and no doubt this had a lot to do with them raising the price by $1k..."because they can."

#7 3 years ago

I’m sure this is somehow Stern’s fault.

#8 3 years ago

Surely if you paid a 1k deposit upon release of pin, you are locked in on the original price.
    Consumer law, at least in UK won’t allow the uplift to be added.

#9 3 years ago

Call your distributor and ask. This is a shit move by JJP.

#10 3 years ago

Pinflation

#11 3 years ago

I'm on the list for an LE. if the $1000 bump is true I'm out.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Call your distributor and ask. This is a shit move by JJP.

Major shit move. Raise your price between games. Not in the middle of a run. Just bad form IMO.

#13 3 years ago

Will be interesting to see what Jersey Jack does here. Honor the price for people that have deposits already, or refund and require you to be in at the new price. GNR is a great pin, but would be very unfortunate for Jersey Jack not honour the price for individuals already waiting, especially with the delay's already being experienced on getting into peoples hands. Maintain goodwill, or destroy it..........

#14 3 years ago

Yikes.

#15 3 years ago

I can tell you right from the get go.
    UK consumer law, I’ll be covered. If the Distro decides he is hiking the price, I’ll get my deposit back. I really want my GnR...but I’m a stubborn twat, out of shear principle, I’m not getting fleeced, I’ll cancel my order.

#16 3 years ago

Stern recently does this with Elvira, now JJP with GnR... wow. It's getting greedy out there.

#17 3 years ago

Stern did it to Elvira so why not right. Way too much for the SE for what you get. Fuck that BS to both Stern and JJP, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

#18 3 years ago

What kind of company increases the price of their product when you cannot even get their product and they cannot even tell you when they will ship their product.

#19 3 years ago

Raising the price by 10% combined with slow build times? Not a recipe for happy consumers.

#20 3 years ago

As a Jersey Jack Dealer I can say we are honoring existing orders.

#21 3 years ago

I was planning to get one once they got up to speed on orders but after hearing this news I'm out. And I was just about ready to list my ACDC and some other pins to raise funds. I'll just stay happy with what I have I guess.

#22 3 years ago

Wow jersey jack should be ashamed of themselves

#23 3 years ago

Makes you wonder if JJP have done this deliberately to slow down the orders, call me sceptical. The production line and staff must be exhausted.

#24 3 years ago

F**k you jjp. First you screw your distributors and their loyal customers on the gnrce and now this. It’s a cool game and I was gonna get one but now I’ll pass.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Makes you wonder if JJP have done this deliberately to slow down the orders, call me sceptical. The production line and staff must be exhausted.

Supply and demand. Best pin ever made. Loaded with assets and toys. Stern is charging 9200 for led zeppelin which is a barren turd. Of course they raised the price and everyone will pay it. Surprised if they don't raise it to 11.5k game is worth it.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I don't remember ever seeing a price increase this high all at once. Pretty crazy.
    I played GnR last weekend and thought it was great, but man, how high can these prices keep climbing? I know demand is through the roof on this one, and no doubt this had a lot to do with them raising the price by $1k..."because they can."

AC/DC LE was $6600 shipped. We bitched. A few years later, STLE was $7700 shipped. We bitched. Then Stern dropped the $12,500 B66. We bitched.

But...they...kept...selling. $12,500 became a norm. DLC $1000 toppers are becoming a norm. Us "old timer" hobbyists think it's stupid, but the buyers are there & don't seem to care.

I don't think I'll ever buy a NIB pin ever again...not because I can't, but on principle. I'd rather just keep playing my pins that cost "nothing" or my Nintendo Switch lol...all these new pins, no matter how expensive they are, are still untested & unfinished when shipping. Nah...I'm so far past the "paying to be the guinea pig" line at this point.

Sit back, let the NIBNEWBS & addicts waste their money...when they get bored & purge, maybe pick something up.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Stern did it to Elvira so why not right. Way too much for the SE for what you get. Fuck that BS to both Stern and JJP, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

The Elvira price increase at least was over a year after production started so maybe it could be justified. It certainly wasn’t an increase in price on the initial orders.

#28 3 years ago

TO THE MOON!!!!

#29 3 years ago

So they’re running pirates LE ?

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

TO THE MOON!!!!

Pins aren't STONKS!

#32 3 years ago

This reminds me of another last minute thingy that happened to us pre order guys with another pin...but, lets not go there again

#33 3 years ago

Can anyone confirm why they have a pirates LE on that ? Are they running it at 9500?

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

What kind of company increases the price of their product when you cannot even get their product and they cannot even tell you when they will ship their product.

Pinball....oops, manufacturing, thats who.
    BOHICA

#35 3 years ago

Thanks JJP I can stop working extra OT to stash extra cash away for G&R.

#36 3 years ago

I'm so fucking mad I wont forgive them for like 5 whole days!!!

But seriously people, these are INDUSTRY AWARD WINNING machines, what did you expect?!

#37 3 years ago

Maybe this is their solution to folks with playfield issues? Everyone’s game instantly got 1k more valuable so the issues are moot in terms of resale

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

But seriously people, these are INDUSTRY AWARD WINNING machines, what did you expect?!

Why can't someone from JJP explain within reason why they jacked the price, I think we deserve that at least. Just jacking up the price with no explanation makes me realize JJP thinks I'm a jackass!

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Gnr is the GOAT!

#41 3 years ago

Sad to see hard working loyal businesses going under during this pandemic while pinball manufacturers are offering poor shipping and production numbers, while cuting corners and jacking prices.

shame

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

Why can't someone from JJP explain within reason why they jacked the price, I think we deserve that at least. Just jacking up the price with no explanation makes me realize JJP thinks I'm a jackass!

Same reason they can’t acknowledge the distributor issue or the production speed issue- they don’t give a rats ass about the costumer.

#43 3 years ago

Demand for pinball has been through the backbox lol.

I advertise repairs only on my site. I get several calls a week for games. Even voicemails at midnight people wanting to buy. Not justifying price increase just highlighting an unprecedented demand. Jjp may put a couple extra mil in their pockets. Some may be upset but jjp will still sell in this environment.

#44 3 years ago

Boy that blows. I once said I’d never pay $8k for a game. But I did last year for MMr. Never thought I’d pay $9.5k for a game but had considered it this year for GnR and decided if I ever had to pay that for a GnR I just might.

$10.5k? GTFO! Bad move JJP.

#45 3 years ago

Let JJP sit on them. Speak with your $$$$$ and don't give it to them.

#46 3 years ago

Welcome to the Jungle!!!!

#47 3 years ago

Ya, this is a very bad move with JJP... I would cancel and not order at all. But looks like demand is to high, and they just said screw it. cut down a ton of orders, they don't seem to care. This is wild, Stern did this to? Never heard about it. Not liking the future precedent this is setting. I think the awards got to their heads. I'm done buying knew games after Alien.
    Class action might be possible, Once deposit is down... It's a done deal.

#48 3 years ago

I saw OPs post before dinner and said this guy has to be wrong. I saw this thread blew up and knew JJP actually jacked the price 1k.

Wow. Poor showing by JJP on this. Not mid run.

As an owner of GnR LE, it's as if we got a 1k discount but it shouldn't be done this way. I also laugh when I think about how much JJP would charge for a rerun of pirates. I own that as well and next to each other it's a night and day diff. All the lights in the world can't change real toys, layout and widebody goodness. The price on pirates would have to be 4-6k more.

#49 3 years ago

Man, this hobby is getting out of hand. I make good money and can’t afford these toys at these prices. I’m glad Nintendo switch has tons of games for cheap compared to pinball. I guess I’ll go back to dreaming and seeking used pins again. This is nuts.

#50 3 years ago

JJP, I really enjoy your machines, but you guys suck. This was a terrible move while people have been waiting months for their game.

There are 1,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?hl=jaylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.