Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

There are 1,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 31.
    #201 3 years ago

I agree that a company can charge anything it wants for its product and that it should maximize profits. BUT . . .

Changing your initial price this close to release just reeks of incompetence. If JJP can't get their shit together about the market and pricing this far in the game, they look like their making shit up as they go along. When they pulled the monkey out of WOZ and raised the price, I was shocked that people actually bought it.

And for those of you mentioning the frenzy of ppl buying games no matter what the price increase, remember that most of them are buying them without even playing the damned game. With CEs, they are buying them based on a quick video if that.

I'm with Rotordave: I'll stick with my current collection. I just wish I had 120 pins!

#202 3 years ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

Now I’m really curious to see Toy Story and how that unfolds with price structure for that one. So much anticipated toy mechs/features then we may have ever seen in pinball. Wishful thinking of course. Clearly this hike is setting up for new release and will just get worse.

This is the new jjp. I think you're thinking of the old Jersey Jack pinball out of NJ. That company I would expect toys and gadgets etc. This company has clearly changed their strategy. It started with Wonka, continued with GnR and I would be very surprised if it doesn't extend to TS.

I still appreciate their games but loaded widebodies are dead

#203 3 years ago

Hello customers

This is Ryan C here from Ryan's super pinball Distributors.
    Just dropping in the thread to let you know we will not be raising prices for pre existing orders. Like everyone else. This isnt special news. Just a chance to advertise my company and get some thumps ups.

Cheers

RYAN
    EMAIL : [email protected]

#204 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

Success!!!!
    Spooky:
    Awesome! Give all the customers free toppers.
    Jjp:
    Lets milk the suckers another 1000dollar.

You’re only a sucker if you pay it.

#205 3 years ago

Imagine dropping $1000 non-refundable deposit on a $9500 game not knowing when you'll ever get it.

Now imagine doing that on a $10,500 game.
    source.gifsource.gif

Sorry. I believe this was planned all along. There's precedent. Instead we chalked it up to "Oh JJP just can't meet demand."

#206 3 years ago

Now I’m really curious to see Toy Story and how that unfolds with price structure for that one. So much anticipated toy mechs/features then we may have ever seen in pinball. Wishful thinking of course. Clearly this hike is setting up for new release and will just get worse.

I don't think JJP will be around to release Toy Story, it's almost 2 years out anyway based on JJPs releases. Toy Story is a grail theme and hope they make it but there is probably more behind the price hike instead of supply/demand. I guess it's a good thing JJP games aren't that good, besides DI, that way the price hike won't affect me. They can make them look nice but they play like shit.

#207 3 years ago

raining-money (resized).pngraining-money (resized).png

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
    #208 3 years ago

Where's Romulick, U know the head of the JJP police department. Interesting.

Nothing to say today?

#209 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Wow, well...that's a take lol.
    I'm shocked that VR is still trying to be a thing. You're just never going to get mass acceptance...too many people just don't want shit strapped to their face so they can trip over shit and have people mess with them.

VR/AR tech is actually coming along nicely and will be incredible by the end of this decade. VR will eventually be as ubiquitous as smart phones and you won't be strapping "shit" to your face for too much longer. The tech is moving quickly and most forms of entertainment are on notice because of VR, including pinball.
    Especially now that manufacturers have priced the hobbyist that doesn't make six figures out of any chance of a NIB. GnR is a great game with the best theme integration of all time (IMO). I've played it for a few hours and really enjoyed it, but it's definitely not 10k+ worth of fun.

#210 3 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

If it rises to the level of toys and mechs that POTC has and they actually get some assets to use then I think it will be more than 10500.

That would be unfortunate for poor collectors like myself. Although, we arent the ones NIB pins are geared towards anyway. I would really love a NIB TS, but if its more than 11k, I just cant afford it. Maybe I could find one on location at some point.

#211 3 years ago

Okay, just catching up on the 5 page (so far) thread. Like the other distributors have mentioned, any orders placed prior to yesterday will be honored at their quoted pricing. Any orders placed today and in the future will be at the new price. We have had many of our customers reach out directly to inquire, and all were told that they were good on their spot.

Thank you

#212 3 years ago

I guess I don't see what people's problem with the price increase is.

They have a hit that is in high demand, they can't make them fast enough, and are raising the price in response.

Likewise, if they were to have a flop, and have a bunch of inventory that they can't move, they would drop the price.

This is the way business works.

#213 3 years ago

The same cycle happens where we complain and still end up paying the price. However I think this one is different with the mid run increase and will knock out some NIB buyers (me for 1) out that will hit their units sold projections. Will they make enuf on the increase to cover the lost customers is the question. And I will always now have it in the back of my mind will they pull this stunt with future releases that hit.

#214 3 years ago

The question I have is whether this means the next JJP LE will be priced at $10,500.00 from day one?

Or is this $1k price increase limited to GnR?

#215 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

This is the new jjp. I think you're thinking of the old Jersey Jack pinball out of NJ. That company I would expect toys and gadgets etc. This company has clearly changed their strategy. It started with Wonka, continued with GnR and I would be very surprised if it doesn't extend to TS.

No. Thinking the new JJP finished in NJ with Wonka with the mass expectation of so much more toys,gadgets and movie integration. No wide body for TS but price hike it will continue imo. Its not like its going to be announced tomorrow and on the line next week. Another year perhaps if were lucky. Who knows. But if there was a JJP in my immediate sights it would be Wonka. Delt, your POTC I would hold onto. Great game.

#216 3 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

If it rises to the level of toys and mechs that POTC has and they actually get some assets to use then I think it will be more than 10500.

I think a lot of people anticipated that for Wonka, and in the end the toys/mechs are pretty underwhelming, although the game shoots well. I think post-Pirates, this might be the new normal for JJP.

#217 3 years ago

C A P I T A L I S M

#218 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Unfortunately your probably right.....the packed wide body game is really what differentiated JJP from the others...

#219 3 years ago

Looks like they're padding in the cost of the replacement playfield they'll have to send later.

#220 3 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

I think a lot of people anticipated that for Wonka, and in the end the toys/mechs are pretty underwhelming, although the game shoots well. I think post-Pirates, this might be the new normal for JJP.

I love Wonka, but there really are no toys unless u want to count the Gobstopper ... Wonkavator is just a physical ball lock.....

#221 3 years ago

Maybe they wanted GnR orders to slow down to drop theyre next machine while they’re getting all this attention .Would make sense then let GnR orders fill while throwing TS out in spring .That seemed to be theyre goal from what I heard to get 2 pins out a year .

#222 3 years ago

No. Thinking the new JJP finished in NJ with Wonka with the mass expectation of so much more toys,gadgets and movie integration. No wide body for TS but price hike it will continue imo. Its not like its going to be announced tomorrow and on the line next week. Another year perhaps if were lucky. Who knows. But if there was a JJP in my immediate sights it would be Wonka. Delt, your POTC I would hold onto. Great game.

I agree. After seeing this GnR price grab and their approach for newer games, POTC is staying. I don't think you'll see a game like that again unless they decide to issue a special run which that case will be a ton of money any way. Way too much of a headache to produce and for who? People in this hobby spend a ton of money of toppers and empty games. Why would they even bother?

At the same time though, as an owner of GnR LE, you now need to price this into resell otherwise, you're even dumber than the people buying toppers for 2k.

#223 3 years ago
    f3e9fb92c0f13c8dba1bfc25e39e56a8 (resized).jpgf3e9fb92c0f13c8dba1bfc25e39e56a8 (resized).jpgroses (resized).jpgroses (resized).jpggnr (resized).jpggnr (resized).jpg8a7a6d054d15b2b69bd5fd69349c6c85 (resized).png8a7a6d054d15b2b69bd5fd69349c6c85 (resized).pngimages (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg19486f11b8ecca6dfe88a02802fe92f8--disney-pics-toy-story (resized).jpg19486f11b8ecca6dfe88a02802fe92f8--disney-pics-toy-story (resized).jpg
    #224 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

After seeing this GnR price grab and their approach for newer games, POTC is staying. I don't think you'll see a game like that again unless they decide to issue a special run which that case will be a ton of money any way. Way too much of a headache to produce and for who? People in this hobby spend a ton of money of toppers and empty games. Why would they even bother?

Ding, Ding, you hit a point. IF POTC hits the limited line this move also now sets the justification that it Will be 11500 for an LE. There is always a strategy.

#225 3 years ago

To put a positive spin on things:

- Anyone who got their order in within the last 4.5 months got a 1k discount and has a game worth more than they paid
    - CE buyers got all the CE perks for +2k rather than +3k

#226 3 years ago

I've been in the hobby for a few years now and watched prices climb consistently. At what price point do people start to walk away from the hobby??? $9,500? 10,500? 12,000??? I'm curious what everyone's ceiling is. What is the most you're willing to pay for a pin???

#227 3 years ago
    Quoted from LordHumungus:

Where's Romulick, U know the head of the JJP police department. Interesting.
    Nothing to say today?

Oh I’m here Jacoff but I sure ain’t defending something I don’t believe in!Unlike a lot of the usual Stern fanboys here I believe in intellectual honesty.If a group or person who I support do something I disagree with I will say so.

#228 3 years ago
    Quoted from Anubis330:

I've been in the hobby for a few years now and watched prices climb consistently. At what price point do people start to walk away from the hobby??? $9,500? 10,500? 12,000??? I'm curious what everyone's ceiling is. What is the most you're willing to pay for a pin???

I'm wondering that myself.

When I got into pins, $5699 for a NIB SW Pro seemed like an incredible extravagance.
    Then I discovered POTC and $9500 seemed like the ceiling I'd ever pay.
    Then I discovered Radcals and the other CE perks and it seemed like "what's another $3000 on top of the already extravagant $9500?"

$12500 is a LOT of money to spend for one game. I really don't know if I've got the stomach to go up from here, though history has shown I keep upping my own ante.

#229 3 years ago
    Quoted from Anubis330:

My thought is at today's inflation level and economy in the USA, There will be a small number of buyers of NIB pins up to $15K. But the sales volume would not justify the business continuing very long for those manufacturers.

More importantly, there will be virtually zero sales to route operators for a pin priced at $10K.

#230 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Oh I’m here Jacoff but I sure ain’t defending something I don’t believe in!Unlike a lot of the usual Stern fanboys here I believe in intellectual honesty.If a group or person who I support do something I disagree with I will say so.

I thought u weren't responding to me.
    Oh yeah.

#231 3 years ago
    Quoted from Anubis330:

I struggle with people that think you’re not able to experience this hobby unless you’re buying new games.

#232 3 years ago
    Quoted from Anubis330:

I am sure there are a lot people like me that have been here for quite a while and have money but don't feel the value is worth the price anymore.

#233 3 years ago

This:

Quoted from Anubis330:

And this: "yea, it is getting beyond stupid. I thought it was nuts 3 years ago, but this crap is insanely stupid."

Been hearing that shit for over 20 years in the hobby. Every time there's a price increase/new pricing scheme(toppers) collectors get all up in arms and swear that this is the end of the hobby, that everybody is getting priced out of NIB. Yet the wheel keeps turning. People keep buying NIB, toppers, UV light kits, etc.

The only folks who POTENTIALLY got screwed over were the ones waiting and who weren't sure of buying anyway. The folks that already ordered are paying what they had agreed to.

The used market all across has also increased crazily in the last year (heard that every year too). Buyers bitch about it. Sellers don't complain much.

Breath.. Keep calm, and play pinball.

#234 3 years ago

Ok. U won't knock it though right.
    I thought u weren't responding to me.
    Oh yeah.

I just said I strongly disagree with this price increase Jacoff!

#235 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I just said I strongly disagree with this price increase Jacoff!

U didn't post till I mentioned it. That's ok. I get it.

#236 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

LMAO

#237 3 years ago
    Quoted from Anubis330:

$7500 was my ceiling. Thankfully I was able to get in on one of my must-have themes (Wonka) for that.

I will never pay more for a pin. I shouldn't have run that much into one to begin with. Especially considering I'm a casual player, at best.

I have been priced right out of the market now. Whatever. It's just sour grapes for me. It's not like I'm buying any more NIB machines anyway.

#238 3 years ago
    Quoted from PokerJake:

I don't think JJP will be around to release Toy Story, it's almost 2 years out anyway based on JJPs releases. Toy Story is a grail theme and hope they make it but there is probably more behind the price hike instead of supply/demand. I guess it's a good thing JJP games aren't that good, besides DI, that way the price hike won't affect me. They can make them look nice but they play like shit.

Congratulations, your promotion to admiral of the 7th fleet of the Stern Army has been approved. Please send $300 for your official LE certificate.

CertificateMagic_03_18_44.pdfCertificateMagic_03_18_44.pdf

#239 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I struggle with people that think you’re not able to experience this hobby unless you’re buying new games.

^^^ This. My local dist stated you have to experience NIB at least once. I did it 3x. Yes it felt like I was an 8 year old on Christmas. But that soon fleeted after the issues, there were no mods and the value went down probably $1k by me opening the box. HUO games are cheaper, likely have some mods on them, have NIB issues corrected and are dialed in. I cannot in good conscious support these NIB prices anymore. This mid-run price increase just makes it easier to do so.

#240 3 years ago
    Quoted from Anubis330:

At what price point do people start to walk away from the hobby??? $9,500? 10,500? 12,000??? I'm curious what everyone's ceiling is. What is the most you're willing to pay for a pin???

$5,500. I've been out of the NIB and used late model market since Metallica. It's ok though, I've got enough other pins to keep me occupied.

I don't consider myself "out of the hobby" if I'm not buying NIB games.

#241 3 years ago
    Quoted from Anubis330:

I can't justify spending these amounts of money anymore for a box of flashing lights and steel balls.

And they are just ONE game!

People moan about paying $60 for ONE computer game, and look what pinheads spend!

It's beyond crazy when you think about it.

All to get the next fix.

None of the latest games have got any real innovation since the 90's, apart from improved lighting, deeper code and LCD's.

No great toys that interact with the ball in clever, innovative ways!

#242 3 years ago

I did not read the entire thread,so forgive this opinion, if redundant..
    When you have a secondary marketplace, that is selling the game for much more than Msrp, the manufacturer realizes they are leaving money on the table. Why should they forfeit $$ to the average joe, funding his hobby through there pricing error.
    These manufacturers and some distributors “saw this movie” with Ghostbusters LE. That title/model was selling for over $4000 over msrp in the secondary marketplace. The domino effect was not limited to distributors holding that title back for secondary marketplace money, it offered proof, that the hobbyist could afford higher prices.. and that’s where we are.. my .02

#243 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I am sure there are a lot people like me that have been here for quite a while and have money but don't feel the value is worth the price anymore.

I've been in the hobby for a while and people have always been complaining about prices. I remember when pro's cross $5000 mark and people flipped out. Stern/JJP can afford to raise prices because they struggle to keep up with demand. All it takes is one good theme and people are putting large deposits down sight unseen.

#244 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah, but sadly people don't brag about taking the bus either. Ownership can often offer less plays at home than on site play, at a far greater cost. Never makes sense really.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Ding, Ding, you hit a point. IF POTC hits the limited line this move also now sets the justification that it Will be 11500 for an LE. There is always a strategy.

$12500 for a POTC LE rerelease for sure. If WoZ was $11500, this would shoot up.

Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Looks like they're padding in the cost of the replacement playfield they'll have to send later.

They'll NEVER send out playfields again at no cost. Guaranteed.

What's also awful is, so much for that stripped SE's low entry point for location play....

Also, will JJP pull at Stern, and bump ALL preexisting stock?

#245 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

And yet 100 times (if honestly not more) more people play VR than pinball.

Irrelevant comparison. An extremely expensive coin-op “collectible” vs. a mass market video game type thing. There’s zero competition or connection between these two items. The original post said he thought VR pinball would take sales from real pinball. The fact that pinball is real and tangible in a digital world is what’s kept it from being replaced by other things.

#246 3 years ago

I can't say I'm surprised. Stern just raised their pricing again too. If both Stern and JJP are backlogged for the next 6 months or more, then they need to catch up with incoming orders. If a $12,500 CE can sell out 500 units in 5 minutes and then have people fighting over it, then it was probably under priced, even if it's more than most hobbyists would pay. Pricing may be insane, but there is a lot of insane buyers and money in this hobby to go with it.

#247 3 years ago

U didn't post till I mentioned it. That's ok. I get it.

Now quit gloating and get your Hazoleo over to the Zeppelin thread and defend your box of flippers!

#248 3 years ago

Man, why does everybody in this hobby take everything so personally?

They didn't raise prices because they hate you or want to cause you and your loved ones discomfort. They raised prices because it's what they have to do, and clearly, what they can do. 10 years on it's still an open question whether or not JJP is turning a profit, so cut them some slack.

You want these fancy schmantzy JJP games you are gonna have to pay up for them. If the price is too high don't pull the trigger. That's been the story ever since the first WOZ games went on sale.

There's always Stern Pro games - the cheapest full-sized, full featured pinball machines available. For $6000 clams or less you too can own a brand new pinball machine! You just can't have a brand new JJP.

And if you can't afford that there's a ton of nice $1000 or less EMs around.

Something for everybody in this hobby. Relax folks!

#249 3 years ago

So basically the CE owners paid an extra $2K for rad cals, lock down bar emblem, skull shooter, powder coating, laser cut rails, coma lock, upgraded play field, and extra lighting....

#250 3 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

VR/AR tech is actually coming along nicely and will be incredible by the end of this decade. VR will eventually be as ubiquitous as smart phones and you won't be strapping "shit" to your face for too much longer. The tech is moving quickly and most forms of entertainment are on notice because of VR, including pinball.

Lol, the VR true believers have been saying this for decades. Look, I get it - it’s very cool. It’s competing with video games though, and people still love video games too much to make a switch to VR en masse. It will remain a niche with very passionate fans always trying to convince me to use it.

There are 1,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k/page/5?hl=wrb1977 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.