Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg
    There are 1,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 31.
    #101 3 years ago

Look at these Kiss LEs around here. I mean what you get for $14k or so for what this pin offers makes a new GNR LE a bargain at $9500. So what the hell raise the price when there is quite a demand. Stern did it and looking forward to see new price structure on CGC new release at this point.

#102 3 years ago

How long before NIB LE buyers locked in at 9500 start selling spots for 10000-10250?

#103 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

There won't be a crash. Pinball has now proven it's recession proof & pandemic proof. People in this hobby aren't living paycheck to paycheck & can afford to splurge on expensive frivolous things.

+1 and I also thought virtual reality would do some damage to the pinball demand. Nope, it pushed right on through.

#104 3 years ago

My only fear is that prices rise so much so they make people reconsider operating them.

#105 3 years ago

$10,500?! You Could Be Mine....But you won’t.

#106 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

+1 and I also thought virtual reality would do some damage to the pinball demand. Nope, it pushed right on through.

Wow, well...that's a take lol.

I'm shocked that VR is still trying to be a thing. You're just never going to get mass acceptance...too many people just don't want shit strapped to their face so they can trip over shit and have people mess with them.

#107 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Can’t wait for the summer post covid pinball crash

Bwahahahahahahaga

#108 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

I blame the INDUSTRY!!
    ...And TOPPERS!!!

Yeah, those damn toppers are certainly to blame!!! They’re the cause of all of our problems! LMAO!

#109 3 years ago

And a positive note, everyone who purchased before the increase just got a return on their investment when they decide to sell!

#110 3 years ago

No SE's, No CE's. Amazing game, big demand, why not. People already in aren't hurt, those who aren't dont have to buy.

#111 3 years ago

Not a cool move mid run and not one to agree with but it does make smart business sense and I see why they did it. This is a title they woefully miss read the market demand for and now face a Guess 7 month back log on. 7 months with only a shaky deposit on and likely a New game title sitting in que that will miss release targets. Can you think of a better way to virtually guarantee those preorder deposit orders? Those games are now worth a $1,000 more then they bought them for. No chance anyone will cancel now on a win in pinball. Assume this move slows that new order train down enough to get the next game on deck and make some back end money on the orders that will likely still flow just at a slower pace makes for smart business. Again, NOT agreeing with what they did just saying it makes sense.

#112 3 years ago

Wow I have been saving for a gnr since announced last new game for me was ecwoz in 2014 I’m out waiting for Godzilla now I can’t justify that price no matter how good coding and light show pulls you in, in two months I will have enough for stern premium.

#113 3 years ago

Jersey Jack Pinball: way back when, the salvation of pinball. Here is my story. I was one of the first individuals to put a deposit on a Wizard of Oz. The delivery date kept get later and later. I finally received my WOZ-ECLE in late 2014. From the get go there were a number of issues: the monkey would not capture the ball, the flippers were incredibly loose, the shooter would go through tips after less than twenty games, the playfield would not engage with the lock down bar bar. None of this was ever acknowledged or rectified by JJP. I figured out most of the problems by myself. For a game that I wanted to have so much anticipation and excitement over it just never happened. I really tried to like this game. Every time that something went wrong I realized just how difficult it was to work on this machine. The underside of the play field is not at all ergonomic to access to say the least. I would curse every time I had to lift the play field. I did not have the playfield issues that many have described and this may well be a function of how little I played the game.

Then the board issue hit the fan. Mine had the 7.5 volt boards which was a small blessing. JJP wants $900 (if they are stocked) to replace them. The labour to install them is very significant. They will not acknowledge that the original boards are a POS and offer to replace them? Of course not.

Now this Guns ’n Roses shows up and you are all salivating to buy one? And the price has just escalated? Good luck with this this.

I will never buy another JJP product. Just saying.

#114 3 years ago

3 of my friends and I supported start up of jjp only 2 still love woz we all had minor problems not saying I won’t buy a jjp game again but getting pricey either stern getting my money in a few months or the Chevy dealer what Chevy cars get a thumbs up and why.

#115 3 years ago

If this is the new JJP LE pricing moving forward than expect a bump in their CE pricing as well.....there is almost zero chance I will ever buy another LE at $11K delivered....I'll be a HUO buyer in the future....this was all about profitability .... my guess is they'll honor past LE pricing, but future sales will drop off the cliff

#116 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

AC/DC LE was $6600 shipped. We bitched. A few years later, STLE was $7700 shipped. We bitched. Then Stern dropped the $12,500 B66. We bitched.
    But...they...kept...selling. $12,500 became a norm. DLC $1000 toppers are becoming a norm. Us "old timer" hobbyists think it's stupid, but the buyers are there & don't seem to care.
    I don't think I'll ever buy a NIB pin ever again...not because I can't, but on principle. I'd rather just keep playing my pins that cost "nothing" or my Nintendo Switch lol...all these new pins, no matter how expensive they are, are still untested & unfinished when shipping. Nah...I'm so far past the "paying to be the guinea pig" line at this point.
    Sit back, let the NIBNEWBS & addicts waste their money...when they get bored & purge, maybe pick something up.

Agree, I just play them at shows and on location. A few bucks here and there beats paying $7-10K for something I get bored of pretty fast.

#117 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

But...they...kept...selling. $12,500 became a norm. DLC $1000 toppers are becoming a norm. Us "old timer" hobbyists think it's stupid, but the buyers are there & don't seem to care.
    I don't think I'll ever buy a NIB pin ever again...not because I can't, but on principle.

Rarehero has nailed it with this post.

They just keep cranking it up, you “just gotta have it” guys just keep on paying the crazy prices.

I had a couple of Elviras on order for others in the States, they’ve been on order for months. Stern cancelled the order last month and said if you want them, order them again, but now they are $500 more.

I said “no thanks”

Not only is that “not the right thing to do”, it is probably illegal. It certainly would be here in NZ.

However, over in the Elvira thread everyone just said “oh well, I’ll pay the extra”. (!!!!!!)

WAY TO SHOW THE MAN! lol

Just insanity.

I’ll stick with my $1000 pins from the old days.

rd

#118 3 years ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

This reminds me of another last minute thingy that happened to us pre order guys with another pin...but, lets not go there again

You've got a good memory. But it was with a different manufacturer. Oh wait, there was a CONnection.....

#119 3 years ago

If you have a receipt that you have to have if you put a deposit down you will not have to pay the increased price. Pretty basic. I guess they are selling like hot cakes, damn!

#120 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm so fucking mad I wont forgive them for like 5 whole days!!!
    But seriously people, these are INDUSTRY AWARD WINNING machines, what did you expect?!

Best-built, highest quality too.....

#121 3 years ago

The good old law of supply and demand. To me as long as the people who put a deposit get theirs at the initial price, all I see here is standard procedure

I still think GnR at that price is the best money can buy, although I will not buy one but that's only because I can't get into the multiball frenzy, I'm a one ball type of guy.

#122 3 years ago

I cut a check and dropped it in the mail this afternoon. Hoping I get in at the quoted price.

#123 3 years ago

$10,500 for an LE and here in California we have to pay a whopping 8.75% sales tax on top of that. Then you have to include shipping as well?

So I’m looking at a total of $11,719 for this pin?

Yeah, that’s just plain stupid.

#124 3 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

$10,500 for an LE and here in California we have to pay a whopping 8.75% sales tax on top of that. Then you have to include shipping as well?
    So I’m looking at a total of $11,719 for this pin?
    Yeah, that’s just plain stupid.

That’s nothing for a baller like you.

#125 3 years ago

Just my opinion price increase that substantial should never be made mid run. Better yet before a ton of people even got there original order. 1k price increase is only greed. If you want to make more money it's simple just build more games.....

#126 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Nope, it won’t affect the price on Raven or Thunderbirds.

ill tell you something ,,, we have a auction house called LLoyds on the Gold Coast that last weekend sold a Thunderbirds for just over 10k AUD

im not shitting you

#127 3 years ago
    Quoted from john17a:

ill tell you something ,,, we have a auction house called LLoyds on the Gold Coast that last weekend sold a Thunderbirds for just over 10k AUD
    im not shitting you

I hope you were the consignor

#128 3 years ago

I used to be a pin addict, but these kind of moves have all but cured me.

I was wavering whether to get a GnR.

But thanks to JJP, cured again!

#129 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I hope you were the consignor

no i wasnt but i bet whom ever it was couldnt believe his luck

#130 3 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

Why can't someone from JJP explain within reason why they jacked the price, I think we deserve that at least. Just jacking up the price with no explanation makes me realize JJP thinks I'm a jackass!

1) Because they can.
    2) Because demand is high.
    3] Because it’s hard making Pinball!
    4) Or they are just greedy bastards? You choose.

#131 3 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

I'm a one ball type of guy.

Sorry for your loss!!

#132 3 years ago

Just another reason I don't own a JJP.... fkn joke.

10.5 without one single interactive toy.

#133 3 years ago
    Quoted from jokerpoker:

1) Because they can.
    2) Because demand is high.
    3] Because it’s hard making Pinball!
    4) Or they are just greedy bastards? You choose.

Stern and JJP must have lost a ton of potential sales to Europe this year with the extra 25% tax.

Wonder how this has impacted on both of them?

#134 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Stern and JJP must have lost a ton of potential sales to Europe this year with the extra 25% tax.
    Wonder how this has impacted on both of them?

Not at all, evidently ....

rd

#135 3 years ago

Here’s another factor I haven’t seen mentioned. I love Pinside but it’s not the center of the earth for GNR fans. I’m guessing most who bought the pin don’t even know what Pinside is. If you don’t think a large majority of sales for this pin are not coming from GNR band fans who have money to buy a $11k pinball machine, we’ll. I’m betting only 25% sales come from people on Pinside for this specific GNR pin. So while the pinball world here on Pinside may (or may not) think the price hike is crazy, the trend of pinball pricing is looking to be in JJPs favor. I’m watching a guy in AUS streaming this pin he paid $17k in AUS. He doesn’t look mad

#136 3 years ago

How can the 'unlimited' SE be 'sold out'??

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Games/Guns-N-Roses/Guns-N-Roses-Standard-Edition-Pinball-Machine.html

Not even taking back orders?

Margin been squeezed too much?

You can reserve an LE though!

Hope they have not abandoned the SE version.

#137 3 years ago

Success!!!!

Spooky:
    Awesome! Give all the customers free toppers.

Jjp:
    Lets milk the suckers another 1000dollar.

#138 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

And a positive note, everyone who purchased before the increase just got a return on their investment when they decide to sell!

That's not entirely true, you can ask for the moon, but you may not get it and then you'll sell at a loss just to move it. If people won't buy it now with a 1K rise in price, what makes you think you'll get them to do so when the game is used?

#139 3 years ago

This doesn’t bode well for Toy Story.

#140 3 years ago

Jjp is simply a business.
    They are ensuring maximum profitibility and sales of their product.
    Why leave money on the table?

Preorders are being honored at their agreed upon price... no harm no foul.

#141 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

How can the 'unlimited' SE be 'sold out'??
    http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Games/Guns-N-Roses/Guns-N-Roses-Standard-Edition-Pinball-Machine.html
    Not even taking back orders?
    Margin been squeezed too much?
    You can reserve an LE though!
    Hope they have not abandoned the SE version.

It's "sold out" because they make a sh*t ton more profit on an LE, so that's what you can buy.

Quoted from hoby1:

You mean the most active scoop in pinball doesn't count?

Quoted from jfh:

There's a snake in my b̶o̶o̶t̶ pinball manufacturer.

#142 3 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Woody disagrees...

B266B8D4-BD3C-49B3-88DF-7FCB62497795 (resized).jpegB266B8D4-BD3C-49B3-88DF-7FCB62497795 (resized).jpeg
    #143 3 years ago

Wow so SEs are probably done until LEs are back on the line and they get through the bulk of those. SE see you in 2022

#144 3 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Well to be fair, the original JJP really brought the toys with woz and potc being amazing examples.

New JJP I do agree, weak sauce with the toys.

#145 3 years ago

I don’t see why there should be uproar about the price increase.

Doesn’t affect existing deposits
    Supply and demand dictates price
    Their costs may have increased and they need to maintain a certain margin.
    They can’t build fast enough and need to slow to prevent a backlog too far in the future so they can move to the next game.
    Market is very strong - Accessories at inflated prices are selling out
    Jjp is a business
    It sucks for new entrants, but if you can afford 9500 for a game, can you really argue you can’t afford 10500. The SE is priced like a stern premium, but offers a lot more.
    If you don’t like the price, don’t buy it. If enough people do that, price will fall. Or, find one on the secondary market, but even these are going above retail so how can anyone blame jjp.

We don’t have all the facts. Jjp knows more about their business and the market than we do.

#146 3 years ago

What a joke. I see that both the SE and LE have increased by $1k on JJP's site.

$10,500 for the new LE price? Forget it, these prices were already out of hand and now they are just insane. I'll be looking at buying an Avengers premium for my next pin, this price change makes that an easy decision.

#147 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I don’t see why there should be uproar about the price increase.
    Doesn’t affect existing deposits
    Supply and demand dictates price
    Their costs may have increased and they need to maintain a certain margin.
    They can’t build fast enough and need to slow to prevent a backlog too far in the future so they can move to the next game.
    Market is very strong - Accessories at inflated prices are selling out
    Jjp is a business
    It sucks for new entrants, but if you can afford 9500 for a game, can you really argue you can’t afford 10500. The SE is priced like a stern premium, but offers a lot more.
    If you don’t like the price, don’t buy it. If enough people do that, price will fall. Or, find one on the secondary market, but even these are going above retail so how can anyone blame jjp.
    We don’t have all the facts. Jjp knows more about their business and the market than we do.

If you can afford 10500 can you really argue you can't afford 11500? How about 12500? Where does it end?

The last Stern Premium I played had a dinosaur on it that ate the ball and threw it about the place. The one before that had a projector built into it. The standard here has a pair of drumsticks on it. I was pretty stretched financially to afford an (unlimited run) Standard. Now they're unavailable and a grand more expensive even of I could get one. Kinda shitty

#148 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Wow, well...that's a take lol.
    I'm shocked that VR is still trying to be a thing. You're just never going to get mass acceptance...too many people just don't want shit strapped to their face so they can trip over shit and have people mess with them.

And yet 100 times (if honestly not more) more people play VR than pinball.

#149 3 years ago
    Quoted from Huggers:

If you can afford 10500 can you really argue you can't afford 11500? How about 12500? Where does it end?
    The last Stern Premium I played had a dinosaur on it that ate the ball and threw it about the place. The one before that had a projector built into it. The standard here has a pair of drumsticks on it. I was pretty stretched financially to afford an (unlimited run) Standard. Now they're unavailable and a grand more expensive even of I could get one. Kinda shitty

Read my post: “If you don’t like the price, don’t buy it. If enough people do that, price will fall.” Where does it end? Ask delt31, he claims he has two buyers for his potc close to $20k.

#150 3 years ago
    Quoted from Huggers:

Exactly, well said. There are buyers that had a hard time justifying prices at $6500, then $7500, $8500, etc. This has gotten out of hand. $10,500 for a pinball machine that isn't even the highest end model? Pass.

There are 1,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k/page/3?hl=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.