Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg
    There are 1,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 31.
    #1451 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Sorry if you already addressed this above, but do you have a distributor and if so have you tried involving them?

Distributor sent an email, this response was after that email, this has been going on since December, i was told upper management and ownership was aware of my situation and this was the outcome/decision.

#1452 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

Distributor sent an email, this response was after that email, this has been going on since December, i was told upper management and ownership was aware of my situation and this was the outcome/decision.

So JJP knew many peeps had PF issues, informed them to hang fire initially and are now telling them - no resolution other than washer coverup?

#1453 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

So JJP knew many peeps had PF issues, informed them to hang fire initially and are now telling them - no resolution other than washer coverup?

Thats what happened to me. Slow to repond, lots of emails sent back and forth, then they call and im like finally they are going to make it right, but no, i was told the Company no longer is sending out playfields for this issue. I had no problem paying for a JJP game, everyone tells me how great they are with customer service, but i think that was when jack was running things, i think things are different now, i think they should be honest about it and let the buyers know upfront. I would have made a different decision had i known.

#1454 3 years ago

It's a seller's market right now. Buyers don't care it seems. All the Wonka CEs just got scooped up from distributor stock last week in the frenzy over the "almost sold out" news. Wonder how many of them have pooling? They would have been made during the problem time I think.

#1455 3 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I was reminded recently from a JJP distributor that there is no warranty at all to anyone but the original purchaser. So if you buy a GNR from anyone other than a JJP distributor, you have no warranty.

I'm aware of that policy; however this policy of not replacing play fields under any circumstance is a new one....

#1456 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

Thats what happened to me. Slow to repond, lots of emails sent back and forth, then they call and im like finally they are going to make it right, but no, i was told the Company no longer is sending out playfields for this issue. I had no problem paying for a JJP game, everyone tells me how great they are with customer service, but i think that was when jack was running things, i think things are different now, i think they should be honest about it and let the buyers know upfront. I would have made a different decision had i known.

Are the issues you mention posted with pictures anywhere? I find all this unusual as I know of at least 6 early GnR owners that had issues and all were taken care of with minimal effort. Would be interesting to see what your issue submission looked like and who your distributor was.

#1457 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm aware of that policy; however this policy of not replacing play fields under any circumstance is a new one....

And both policies suck

#1458 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Are the issues you mention posted with pictures anywhere? I find all this unusual as I know of at least 6 early GnR owners that had issues and all were taken care of with minimal effort. Would be interesting to see what your issue submission looked like and who your distributor was.

So you know 6? What was their issues, and what was provided to them?

#1459 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

So you know 6? What was their issues, and what was provided to them?

Several early release games GnR many of which are all posted or documented on the GnR thread. All received playfields or equivalent solution. Only ask because while I am NOT saying you are not right it just contradicts the response and support I and others have seen on this game and have yet to see the company publish anything to the contrary.

#1460 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Several early release games GnR many of which are all posted or documented on the GnR thread. All received playfields or equipment solution. Only ask because while I am NOT saying you are not right it just contradicts the response and support I and others have seen on this game and have yet to see the company publish anything to the contrary.

I guess that was my mistake then, i should have been there posting my issues, instead im out doing in home repairs, supporting JJP products. So i fill out a game registration, fill out at online ticket, email pics as requested by barry engler, send in serial numbers from the back of the playfield, after i sent in pics. If it wasnt an issue from December when they got the first pictures why didnt they say Its not bad enough to warrant a warranty, why did they email me for additional pics and the stamped serial number from the back of the playfield, then barry engler tells me he has to have q meeting with upper management over my issue. Mod couple? Right? Do you do work for JJP? Im the customer, i paid for a game and the art and clear shouldnt flake within 100 plays. Here you go here is some pics, tell me this is acceptable?

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpegA289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpegA289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    #1461 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I know an someone that is in the same position as the poster. But, his playfield is far worse than the pictures here. His was an early production game too.

#1462 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinghetto:

I know an someone that is in the same position as the poster. But, his playfield is far worse than the pictures here. His was an early production game too.

Thats one spot, ive already shared with JJP

#1463 3 years ago

With that said, I love the game. And I have supported JJP for a long time. I think the problems have been resolved with the newer runs. I have an LE on order. But, I am constantly second guessing my order. Cause what if I get a bad one... My OCD would never let me enjoy the game. Small flaws are fine. But, the playfield chipping when it's brand new? Nope.

#1464 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinghetto:

With that said, I love the game. And I have supported JJP for a long time. I think the problems have been resolved with the newer runs. I have an LE on order. But, I am constantly second guessing my order. Cause what if I get a bad one... My OCD would never let me enjoy the game. Small flaws are fine. But, the playfield chipping when it's brand new? Nope.

That’s right! It bothers me, i dont think its fair, why do i have to accept it.

#1465 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

I wouldn't if I was you....

#1466 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

I guess that was my mistake then, i should have been there posting my issues, instead im out doing in home repairs, supporting JJP products. So i fill out a game registration, fill out at online ticket, email pics as requested by barry engler, send in serial numbers from the back of the playfield, after i sent in pics. If it wasnt an issue from December when they got the first pictures why didnt they say Its not bad enough to warrant a warranty, why did they email me for additional pics and the stamped serial number from the back of the playfield, then barry engler tells me he has to have q meeting with upper management over my issue. Mod couple? Right? Do you do work for JJP? Im the customer, i paid for a game and the art and clear shouldnt flake within 100 plays. Here you go here is some pics, tell me this is acceptable?[quoted image][quoted image]

To answer your question no, I do not work for JJP nor do I represent them in any way. Was simply trying to help. Who was your distributor as it does look like there are clear issues.

#1467 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

Did you buy the game NIB? JJP warranty is like CGC, only valid for the original owner.

#1468 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I wouldn't if I was you....

But, what are you gonna do? I'm in the same position with a different Mirco reproduction playfield. Started chipping after less than 20 plays. This just happened this week. And was basically told to go fuck myself.

There just isn't much you can do...

#1469 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

Quoted from pinghetto:

But, what are you gonna do? I'm in the same position with a different Mirco reproduction playfield. Started chipping after less than 20 plays. This just happened this week. And was basically told to go fuck myself.
    There just isn't much you can do...

This SUCKS. It seems there’s not much JJ in JJP anymore. The Bailout Boys are in charge now.

#1470 3 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

This SUCKS. It seems there’s not much JJ in JJP anymore. The Bailout Boys are in charge now.

To be clear... My playfield is not in a JJP game. It's a Mirco reproduction playfield for a Williams. Granted, JJP uses Mircos stuff. But, Jersey Jack Pinball had nothing to do with this. Just using it as an example of garbage customer service and garbage product that I can do nothing about.

#1471 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Did you buy the game NIB? JJP warranty is like CGC, only valid for the original owner.

Im the original owner and registered the game, followed protocol, this should not happen at 100 plays, and now im at 200 and its gotten worse, although i think the washers will prevent it from getting worse, why was i offered washers in February but not in December, none of this makes any sense. Complete corporate bullshit now, customer is no longer a person to Jersey Jack Pinball now we are just another dollar.

#1472 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

Im the original owner and registered the game, followed protocol, this should not happen at 100 plays, and now im at 200 and its gotten worse, although i think the washers will prevent it from getting worse, why was i offered washers in February but not in December, none of this makes any sense. Complete corporate bullshit now, customer is no longer a person to Jersey Jack Pinball now we are just another dollar.

Wow, I really feel for you. This just sucks. Hopefully your distro will help out as much as they can. I would not let up on the distro or JJP. I can tell you they do read Pinside.

Good luck with it all. I wish you all the best.

#1473 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

I'm surprised your distributor hasn't done anything...isnt this why they get paid?

#1474 3 years ago

While you may get a little traction here, you're better off complaining on a more public forum, such as their facebook page or twitter account. Many companies these days only seem to respond to down right public shaming.

#1475 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

Not the solution you would want but it shows you sold your game already? Sorry you had a bad experience, really is a fun game granted that was likely dampened by your frustration.

#1476 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

While you may get a little traction here, you're better off complaining on a more public forum, such as their facebook page or twitter account. Many companies these days only seem to respond to down right public shaming.

That won’t help him if his posts are deleted before anyone can see them.

#1477 3 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

That won’t help him if his posts are deleted before anyone can see them.

whose deleting the comments? JJP? Can they actually do that?

#1478 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Wow.

I'd argue the exact opposite.

I had a friend in the industry counsel me: give manufacturer's a chance.
    That's some of the best advice I've been given.

Assume they didn't screw you out of malice. Assume they want you to be happy with your purchase. Give them a chance to make it right.

#1479 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

whose deleting the comments? JJP? Can they actually do that?

On their private social media page. Yes.

#1480 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

On their private social media page. Yes.

I didnt know that....hmmmm

#1481 3 years ago

Does anyone have a copy of JJP's warranty? I didn't receive one with my game

#1482 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:Im the original owner and registered the game, followed protocol, this should not happen at 100 plays, and now im at 200 and its gotten worse, although i think the washers will prevent it from getting worse, why was i offered washers in February but not in December, none of this makes any sense. Complete corporate bullshit now, customer is no longer a person to Jersey Jack Pinball now we are just another dollar.

Was your GnR first run?As far as the washers go this has been a known issue here on Pinside for quite awhile now,did you not see the answer to your problem early.I’m not defending I’m just asking.The vultures can continue to circle,all of the fans are playing their GnR’s and Wonka’s!

#1483 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

I guess that was my mistake then, i should have been there posting my issues, instead im out doing in home repairs, supporting JJP products. So i fill out a game registration, fill out at online ticket, email pics as requested by barry engler, send in serial numbers from the back of the playfield, after i sent in pics. If it wasnt an issue from December when they got the first pictures why didnt they say Its not bad enough to warrant a warranty, why did they email me for additional pics and the stamped serial number from the back of the playfield, then barry engler tells me he has to have q meeting with upper management over my issue. Mod couple? Right? Do you do work for JJP? Im the customer, i paid for a game and the art and clear shouldnt flake within 100 plays. Here you go here is some pics, tell me this is acceptable?[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm sorry your game has those issues, at these insane prices there's no excuse for them. Your pictures show a clear defect with the playfield in multiple areas, that isn't normal.

Some people have had success on here with a manufacture by creating a dedicated post on Pinside for their specific issue. If you go that route just be specific in regards to your issue, history of communication with JJP and distributor, and include pictures. Someone at JJP may take notice as they know hundreds of potential customers will see that post. Hope you get a new playfield soon!

#1484 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Wow.
    I'd argue the exact opposite.
    I had a friend in the industry counsel me: give manufacturer's a chance.
    That's some of the best advice I've been given.
    Assume they didn't screw you out of malice. Assume they want you to be happy with your purchase. Give them a chance to make it right.

Most companies these days have PR people scouring social media. I didn't say it's the first thing you do, but clearly this person already did the 'right' way and didn't seem to get anything done. Coming here to vent isn't going to help him in most cases. If you can't get a response, you don't have to be a dick to them, but you can nudge them in the right direction by making it a bit more public. Companies do not like to appear to be non customer oriented when it could hit the bottom line.

#1485 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm sorry your game has those issues, at these insane prices there's no excuse for them. Your pictures show a clear defect with the playfield in multiple areas, that isn't normal.
    Some people have had success on here with a manufacture by creating a dedicated post on Pinside for their specific issue. If you go that route just be specific in regards to your issue, history of communication with JJP and distributor, and include pictures. Someone at JJP may take notice as they know hundreds of potential customers will see that post. Hope you get a new playfield soon!

He sold the game.

#1486 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

He sold the game.

Wait what?

#1487 3 years ago

#1488 3 years ago

Actually it’s says Unsold - Decided to keep the game unless I’m reading something wrong. Still doesn’t change the fact that playfield is jacked. Not a good look for JJP

#1489 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

Don't you guys in the US have Consumer Laws , you've been sold a defective product .
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen you post this in the owners thread , I think you'll get a lot more attention and support there .
    I'm surprised jjp didn't sort you out , as I've only seen a handful of dodgy playfields from the first batch .
    If you have sold your game that could make things tricky but either way , I hope you get sorted out .

#1490 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Not the solution you would want but it shows you sold your game already? Sorry you had a bad experience, really is a fun game granted that was likely dampened by your frustration.

I did list the game, not sold, there is a back story to this im hiding, waiting to see how it plays out.

#1491 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

I did list the game, not sold, there is a back story to this im hiding, waiting to see how it plays out.

Maybe not sold due to the jacked playfield?

#1492 3 years ago

On one hand, I wonder how these arguments would hold up in small claims court. Easy and cheap to do.

On the other hand, you’d probably have to sue your distributor since they are who you paid.

#1493 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

Is that giant white/translucent near circular area in the bottom photo about an inch long piece of clear that is delaminating from the playfield? Like an iceberg just waiting to crack? If so, I would sell JJP hard on that point. My first impression was the clipped fingernail size chips that appear to be largely hidden from view... but that giant cloudy delamination is something different. That issue may be lost in translation with them.

#1494 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Several early release games GnR many of which are all posted or documented on the GnR thread. All received playfields or equivalent solution. Only ask because while I am NOT saying you are not right it just contradicts the response and support I and others have seen on this game and have yet to see the company publish anything to the contrary.

Ive had the same experience the other poster has had. Well documented chipping early on, waited months for replies, offered washers as a fix which I declined, and now waiting for another solution. The other solution is fair, but I think I have waited long enough, and feel waiting another "4-6" weeks for a credible solution after already having waiting so long is not a good look.

I was also told flat out they are no longer offering new playfields. Seems insane to me since I would assume they could hold mircos feet to the fire on the handful of defective ones they sent out.

I know I am in the minority, but that seems like all the more of a reason to i dunno, actually take care of me? Their machines are absolutely stunning, and clearly a ton of work and love goes into them, but after my personal experience I just cant trust them anymore.

Again, I am just one person, but I am the furthest thing from a Karen you will ever see, and truly feel like my situation has been handled piss poor and has taken WAY to much time.

On the contrary, my magnet coil went out and Barry sent me a new one out immediately, I just think there are other people involved when it comes to playfields, and can say the playfield situation has been drawn out way to damn long.

#1495 3 years ago

Really sucks that they are charging these premium prices but refuse to replace defective playfields. Unless they are somehow able to reduce their playfield issues to a 0% chance probability, it makes it really hard to get one new and confident you’ll be taken care of if something is seriously wrong with your game.

#1496 3 years ago

I bet you showcase pictures of those jacked playfields all over JJPs social media and they’ll replace them.

#1497 3 years ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I bet you showcase pictures of those jacked playfields all over JJPs social media and they’ll replace them.

If by “replace” you mean “delete” I agree.

#1498 3 years ago

Somebody tried to do that to me. They ended up giving up as I was quicker and they sent me what I originally asked for. So yeah, the court of public opinion does work

#1499 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Why look back?
    GNR is an awesome pinball experience!!!
    I’m so thrilled with my Gorgeous CE words can’t even describe it!
    So many great ways to have fun on this pin

You are a lucky man! Do you know when LE's are shipping? JJP has not answered me; I ordered direct from them months ago at $9500 price...

any inside info is greatly appreciated!

#1500 3 years ago
    Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

You are a lucky man! Do you know when LE's are shipping? JJP has not answered me; I ordered direct from them months ago at $9500 price...
    any inside info is greatly appreciated!

I don't know for sure but logic would tell me that they should finish the CE's end of next week. LE's shipping end of the month and people starting to see them early April.
    This is my educated guess... I'm patiently waiting.

There are 1,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.