Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

There are 1,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 31.
    #1351 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

Ok, your the embarrassment... Don't you have some sort of ... Never mind, stay in your Moms basement.

See how it works is this is someone else property. Your ranting that you have the right to do and say whatever you like with someone else’s properly and you don’t. They have the right to say these are the rules follow them or go piss off someplace else. They have a rule that you shouldn’t announce when you eject idiots into the abyss of ignore. I’m going to follow the rules.

#1352 3 years ago

I'm usually at odds with Lamberger, but this wasn't really such a big deal. And Lamberger...you're an old pro with 11 moderations. Don't let this get to you, and don't start a back and forth with people that derails the thread. Some view what you posted as inappropriate and some view the moderation as inappropriate. Who cares?

Let's get back to talking pinball.

#1353 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm usually at odds with Lamberger, but this wasn't really such a big deal. And Lamberger...you're an old pro with 11 moderations. Don't let this get to you, and don't start a back and forth with people that derails the thread. Some view what you posted as inappropriate and some view the moderation as inappropriate. Who cares?
    Let's get back to talking pinball.

Your right Beezleboob, fuck these guys.. Hope I opened some eyes. Thanks brother!

#1354 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

Your right Beezleboob, fuck these guys.. Hope I opened some eyes. Thanks brother!

You definitely rolled some

#1355 3 years ago

> Beelzeboob!

#1356 3 years ago

Lamburger needs a fucking nap. And maybe his binky.

#1357 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lamburger needs a fucking nap. And maybe his binky.

you missed what I said because I got Muzzled. Pass on this one

#1358 3 years ago

Maybe with the additional $1000 they can afford to go back to spending the extra $20 for a decent LCD display like the earlier JJP games had?

#1359 3 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Where are you getting those prices? I have not seen anything like that. You can do the math any which way but $16850 is way too much for any pin imo. I think a lot of people are going to get burned in the future thinking that just because all these other pins go for a lot then any new pin will go for a lot, too.

Totally agree. When Kenner released Star Wars toys again in the 1990’s everyone bought them thinking they would be worth a ton since the old original figure prices went through the roof. You couldn’t give away the new figures.

#1360 3 years ago

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/25/business/costco-minimum-wage-workers/index.html

"Costco's average wage for hourly employees is around $24 an hour. Costco employees have also received an extra $2 an hour in hazard pay during the pandemic since March. Jelinek said the company would end the hazard pay, but convert some of it to permanent pay raises for employees."

Good on them! Always seemed like a decent place of employment, and most employees seem to have a good vibe also.

#1361 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

"Costco's average wage for hourly employees is around $24 an hour. Costco employees have also received an extra $2 an hour in hazard pay during the pandemic since March. Jelinek said the company would end the hazard pay, but convert some of it to permanent pay raises for employees."
    Good on them! Always seemed like a decent place of employment, and most employees seem to have a good vibe also.

Costco is a fortune 500 45 Billion dollar company, what the Hell does this have to do with a small 40 employee pinball toy company????? Seriously

#1362 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I don't understand your crusade....what does this have to do with a small pinball manufacturer?

#1363 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Costco is a fortune 500 45 Billion dollar company, what the Hell does this have to do with a small 40 employee pinball toy company????? Seriously

Quoted from PtownPin:

I don't understand your crusade....what does this have to do with a small pinball manufacturer?

I read it today, and felt it was relevant to a discussion on a price increase. Not a crusade at all.

Why does the idea of unskilled workers getting paid living wages threaten or offend so many on here?

JJP increases a game's price over 10%, and it's doubtful their bottom line is taking a loss, while employees are seemingly not benefiting either.

It doesn't have to be this way, but more on this board approve than disapprove. I'm guessing that's a matter regarding personal income, and those that are offended maybe make less than those that aren't.

I think I've stated once or twice in a thread that my base salary is $60K. Not bad at all. Not amazing. I'd be curious where people lie in this discussion. God forbid such a topic be discussed.

#1364 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I think I've stated once or twice in a thread that my base salary is $60K. Not bad at all. Not amazing. I'd be curious where people lie in this discussion. God forbid such a topic be discussed.

I make 43k It took me from 2009-2017 to find a job that paid anything above $10 a hour, not for a lack of trying. Lots of not selected emails. So I can empathize with the fight for 15 group. Trust me, the people in the low paying jobs work hard too.

#1365 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I read it today, and felt it was relevant to a discussion on a price increase. Not a crusade at all.
    Why does the idea of unskilled workers getting paid living wages threaten or offend so many on here?
    JJP increases a game's price over 10%, and it's doubtful their bottom line is taking a loss, while employees are seemingly not benefiting either.
    It doesn't have to be this way, but more on this board approve than disapprove. I'm guessing that's a matter regarding personal income, and those that are offended maybe make less than those that aren't.

You don't want to accept the fact that laborers are paid market rate. If they were not than they probably wouldn't accept the job. Nobody is forcing these employees to work. The other concept you fail to realize is company owners take 100% of the risk. If they lose money laborers still get paid. If they make a profit than the laborers most likely continue to have a job.

#1366 3 years ago
    Quoted from mr9865:

I make 43k It took me from 2009-2017 to find a job that paid anything above $10 a hour, not for a lack of trying. Lots of not selected emails. So I can empathize with the fight for 15 group. Trust me, the people in the low paying jobs work hard too.

Nobody is disputing that people who work for minimum wage are not hard workers.

#1367 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Dude, you’ve provided more than ample explanation as to why you’re not supportive of the price hike. There’s no right or wrong, that’s your opinion to make.
    Nobody else seems to be grabbing pitchforks or torches though so why not just say “Too much for me, I’m out!” And leave it at that? I promise you it will be far less frustrating than fighting a never-ending battle on Pinside about minimum wages and capitalism.

#1368 3 years ago

If you are concerned about $15 per hour, employee discounts, unions, and $1,000 then the answer is certainly clear, you shouldn’t be attempting to buy a $11k item that isn’t critical to your survival.

#1369 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

And.... guess what? Costco sells a massive amount of items made in factories and processing plants where workers have crap work conditions and/or get paid next to nothing.

#1370 3 years ago

I cannot believe this is still the busiest thread on pinside right now.

#1371 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I cannot believe this is still the busiest thread on pinside right now.

There’s just not much goin on. You can’t expect Stern to replace a game a month can you?

#1372 3 years ago
    Quoted from mr9865:

College degree and debt as well, from said degree?

Good for you for addressing your income. I genuinely imagine those that make higher won't do the same.

Quoted from PtownPin:

Nobody is forcing these employees to work.

Well they can't just start toiling over soil and planting crops on random land, can they?

Quoted from PtownPin:

Nobody is disputing that people who work for minimum wage are not hard workers.

They may work hard, but why on earth should unskilled, hard laborers be paid a living wage with benefits? Doing so minimizes profit at the highest level. How dare those peons want sustenance!

Quoted from PtownPin:

The other concept you fail to realize is company owners take 100% of the risk.

Aaaaaand they also make the bulk of the profit as well.

Quoted from Chambahz:

Dude, you’ve provided more than ample explanation as to why you’re not supportive of the price hike. There’s no right or wrong, that’s your opinion to make.
    Nobody else seems to be grabbing pitchforks or torches though so why not just say “Too much for me, I’m out!” And leave it at that? I promise you it will be far less frustrating than fighting a never-ending battle on Pinside about minimum wages and capitalism.

Because this is a forum made for discussion, and a thread specifically discussing a random price increase, and yesterday with the stated JJP wages brought further discussion, and today I illustrated that another company is capable of paying their unskilled employees fairly.

No pitchforks. Discussion!

Quoted from thechakapakuni:

If you are concerned about $15 per hour, employee discounts, unions, and $1,000 then the answer is certainly clear, you shouldn’t be attempting to buy a $11k item that isn’t critical to your survival.

I don't understand whatever point you were trying to make. Elaborate.

People can have issues with underpaid staff, and then make decisions as to whether they wish to support that company or not. I have stated I own 2 of their games as of 2 years ago. This price hike, as well as the treatment of Butch, definitely has me in the "not interested" category at this point.

Is this solely a "GnR price increase...HOORAY!!!!" thread or are contrasting views permissible?

Quoted from 27dnast:

And.... guess what? Costco sells a massive amount of items made in factories and processing plants where workers have crap work conditions and/or get paid next to nothing.

And guess what? Most likely JJP sources parts from similar processing plants with crap work conditions and poorly paid workers. So on a pinball forum, the comparison of one to another is valid.

I wish we went back to American Made standards, but the excuse and then avoidance of higher paid wages/subsequent inflation also enables higher profit at top tier levels.

#1373 3 years ago

man.. who couldn't see this derail coming?

#1374 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Louis Braille

#1375 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Stevie Wonder

#1376 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Aaaaaand they also make the bulk of the profit as well.

As they should....so if they lose money should they ask the laborers to work for free? You can't have it both ways

#1377 3 years ago

Looks like Lamberger took his ball and went home, good job fellas.

#1378 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Maybe with the additional $1000 they can afford to go back to spending the extra $20 for a decent LCD display like the earlier JJP games had?

Wait - what? The panel got nerfed? Even though I haven't yet taken delivery, I'm already a little disappointed that I found out after the sale that the SE Hotrails are not individually addressable LEDs.

#1379 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Wait - what? The panel got nerfed? Even though I haven't yet taken delivery, I'm already a little disappointed that I found out after the sale that the SE Hotrails are not individually addressable LEDs.

There’s a good bit of info on it in this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-can-we-talk-about-replacement-lcds

#1380 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Looks like Lamberger took his ball and went home, good job fellas.

He was truly the worst poster in recent memory.

And now all we have are the memories. Of
    78.934 posts about how much he hated LZ. Talk about a one-issue voter!

#1381 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And now all we have are the memories. Of
    78.934 posts about how much he hated LZ. Talk about a one-issue voter!

Couldn’t agree more, Boob is pouring one out now.

#1382 3 years ago

Boob and Boobs are both ok in my book.

#1383 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

What does your post add? You are thoughtful and a voluminous poster. You have to have more words than just snark.

You could discuss these facets.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/americas-billionaires-could-pay-for-most-of-bidens-coronavirus-response-plan-with-just-their-pandemic-profits-2021-01-26

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-55793575

Clearly, Leonard and company are not on that list, but Leonard IS an investment banker, and surely profited this last year more than people that buy or MAKE their games did. So why throw "losses" due to the pandemic at buyers?

Quoted from PtownPin:

As they should....so if they lose money should they ask the laborers to work for free? You can't have it both ways

You're referring to contract work though. Most in the base labor force are permanent, low paid employees, sans premium benefits or wages, and are non union.

There needs to be an in-between. I am not arguing black and white issues here. Risk takers and asset use should definitely be rewarded, but doing so at the cost of low level grunts doesn't ever need to be the case.

No reason premium pinball producers like JJP, can't also pay employees premium wages, compared to market standard.

You produce quality games at a higher level than your competitors, you charge quality prices, you employ and pay quality wages.

#1384 3 years ago

We gotta Hoffa on our hands here boys.

#1385 3 years ago

#1386 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

You're referring to contract work though. Most in the base labor force are permanent, low paid employees, sans premium benefits or wages, and are non union.

Theres a reason they use non-union labor....they are way too expensive and they add ZERO value. Its one thing if you can pull from a trained work force (in theory union shops) and therefore pay a premium for the temp labor, lower overhead, and in theory increased efficiencies. In JJP's case these are not trained employees and using a union work force is a complete waste of $. My guess is if these employees are full-time they do offer them benefits.

#1387 3 years ago

The US is less than 4% of the world’s population. It produces 27% of the world’s GDP and 35% of the total wealth.

Without that wealth and the pursuit of it there would be less jobs, wages etc for everyone.

The US lifts up millions of people worldwide with our economy. Without it we would wander around in a worldwide depression

Meritocracy and capitalism work!

Costco just raised to $16 per hr to compete with Wal Mart and others. It’s called competition for labor or the free market

Just saying

#1388 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Looks like Lamberger took his ball and went home....

THANK FUCKING GOD

#1389 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Looks like Lamberger took his ball and went home.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He didn't just go home. He received a 14 day thread eject 8 hours ago back in post 1345 of this thread.

#1390 3 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

He didn't go home. He received a 14 day thread eject 8 hours ago back in post 1345 of this thread.

And now it’s inactive, meaning he went home

#1391 3 years ago

How many of you guys would enjoy working a week on the line at any PB manufacture?

I know I would sign up if one was close to me. Even take some vacation time to make it happen.

You?

#1392 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

How many of you guys would enjoy working a week on the line at any PB manufacture?
    I know I would sign up if one was close to me. Even take some vacation time to make it happen.
    You?

Hahaha, I honestly was thinking of applying, it’d be a blast, the best quality to ever come out of there

#1393 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Hahaha, I honestly was thinking of applying, it’d be a blast, the best quality to ever come out of there

Right? The thought of working after retirement (even part time) makes my stomach churn.
    But putting in a few shifts a week building pins and getting paid for it?
    I mean, I suppose like any job, it might be “just work” after a week/day/hour, but it’s got to be way more fun than loan applications!

#1394 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

After a week of that work, you’d never want to see another pinball machine again.

rd

#1395 3 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

After a week of that work, you’d never want to see another pinball machine again.

rd

Only one way to find out, it’s a 40 minute commute

#1396 3 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

rd

There’s the correct answer! Any job seems fun for a week. Would love to work at my favorite beef stand or pizza place but I know I would hate it in a few days. Putting 15 screws in a wood board and sliding it down is Not the same pleasure we assume as playing a game. On numerous visits to Stern I don’t recall seeing a Single line worker in the free game area. Bet it’s the Last place they want to hang out on break.

#1397 3 years ago

That’s because they’re getting high and doin keg stands in Gary’s office

#1398 3 years ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni:

That’s because they’re getting high and doin keg stands in Gary’s office

Caligula would be jealous of Gary’s office, I’m guessing.

#1399 3 years ago

Why is Axl Rose in a recent Scooby Doo cartoon?
    How did these two worlds collide?

#1400 3 years ago

No matter how much you think you MIGHT enjoy it, factory work is still....just factory work. Monotonous, and brain numbing.

There are 1,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k/page/28?hl=lowbeau67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.