Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

There are 1,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 31.
    #951 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

Lol, come on now.. I caved and said I'll buy the LZpro with the below tweaks. Everyone here wants it as is? Cool. To each there own.
    "a buddy is making the 4th ramp for fun... Change the back Glass art and bury it in the line up so I don't see the bugs bunny art.. Delete the call outs. Donsky!!" I'll have myself the Led Zeppelin pin that I always wanted.

meth kills...

#952 3 years ago
    Quoted from john17a:

or do you pretend that you where on another line listening in and want to say what ive printed is a lie

You should try reading posts better . I said he was upfront with me .
    How do I know what he said to you , at the time he would have been going off what he was told from JJP .
    Don't get your panties in a knot .

#953 3 years ago

Pump it up.gifPump it up.gif
    #954 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Boy, did I really have perfect timing. One night, two weeks ago, I posted in a local sale thread asking if anyone had a GNR SE for sale or trade. Didn't really care about the game, just wanted to play it for a few months and then move it along.
    A local Pinsider had one he bought while waiting for his LE. We arranged a straight trade for one of my pins and then a few days later JJP jacked up the price. Perfect timing for me because I would not have been interested in trading for a $7800 GNR which would've cost more than I paid for Wonka and Dialed In.
    Also sounds like the Standard Edition is going to be the real "limited" edition too. Game is really fast and fun, jaw dropping light shows, nice open stage area that I am having fun modding and now working on a pretty sweet topper for it.

Yup give me an SE all day even if the LE was the same price (resale value aside). They’ve made what, 100 of them? There is a 3000+ LE backlog, which will probably grow to 5k, then they have toy story. When exactly are they going to so another SE run?

#955 3 years ago

I really wanted a GNR LE but when they made the announcement with all this backlog this is not serious. I don't want to wait 6 months to a year for something. This is not serious. Yes it's pinball and not essential but give me a break. After big lebowski, aliens and predator fiasco just to name a few I really don't feel confortable with no precise information of when I going to get my pin. I know JJP might be a cie more reliable than the other cies who produced titles who never got delivered but since JJP started years ago the only thing really annoying me is the long wait because they cannot keep up. You can say pandemic all day but it's always been like that in my book.

You might not believe me but this is the truth.....if I could give the money and get my pin, like cash on the glass I would buy it. Instead they seem like locking customers in with a no reason at all 1k price increase.

#956 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I really wanted a GNR LE but when they made the announcement with all this backlog this is not serious. I don't want to wait 6 months to a year for something. This is not serious. Yes it's pinball and not essential but give me a break. After big lebowski, aliens and predator fiasco just to name a few I really don't feel confortable with no precise information of when I going to get my pin. I know JJP might be a cie more reliable than the other cies who produced titles who never got delivered but since JJP started years ago the only thing really annoying me is the long wait because they cannot keep up. You can say pandemic all day but it's always been like that in my book.
    You might not believe me but this is the truth.....if I could give the money and get my pin, like cash on the glass I would buy it. Instead they seem like locking customers in with a no reason at all 1k price increase.

What does "cie " mean .

#957 3 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

What does "cie " mean .

I’m guessing company, but not positive.

#958 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Am I the only one wondering what the fuck a "cie" or "cies" is?

#959 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’m guessing company, but not positive.

Is that a Canadian thing ?

#960 3 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Is that a Canadian thing ?

Must be, never seen it before, or French? He’s from Montreal.

#961 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Must be, never seen it before, or French? He’s from Montreal.

I assume anything French has La or Le in front of it

#962 3 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:I assume anything French has La or Le in front of it

Lol, I just googled it. French for le company.

#963 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Lol, I just googled it. French for le company.

I wasn't sure if you were joking or not , I just Googled it too and yep company .

#964 3 years ago

To that I say: En anglais, s’il vous plaît.

Merci

#965 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

To that I say: En anglais, s’il vous plaît.
    Merci

Bless you

#966 3 years ago

Sorry guys, english is a third language and I make mistakes very often. Yes I meant company. I thought the acronym also existed in english. My bad.

#967 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Sorry guys, english is a third language and I make mistakes very often. Yes I meant company. I thought the acronym also existed in english. My bad.

No problem brother, learn something new everyday!

#968 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Forgive us. Most of us are American. We barely speak one language!

#969 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Forgive us. Most of us are American. We barely speak one language!

I know ! I was thinkin 3 was damn impressive

#970 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chuckwebster:

i think they raised prices so that people who placed orders won't bail out. Waiting 6 months to a year is going to be tough with so many other options that will be available sooner. A 1k penalty will be tough to swallow for anyone who does bail out and wants back in later.

Day 1 order here and in in the US. No game and no guarantees. Soon is as good as I can get.

Your thoughts about the price increase are pretty good. I remember cancelling Hobbit years ago after being a previous Day WOZECLE order.

The company was younger at that time and those refunds hurt. Although I think refund requests would be much fewer on GNR (it’s a special game), increasing price does create a sense of value in the existing orders and it costs them nothing.

#971 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Day 1 order here and in in the US. No game and no guarantees. Soon is as good as I can get.
    Your thoughts about the price increase are pretty good. I remember cancelling Hobbit years ago after being a previous Day WOZECLE order.
    The company was younger at that time and those refunds hurt. Although I think refund requests would be much fewer on GNR (it’s a special game), increasing price does create a sense of value in the existing orders and it costs them nothing.

Whoa. You paid day 1 and haven't seen your game? Looks like I'm going to be waiting until the end of summer. Crazy

#972 3 years ago

I ordered GNR SE about 2 weeks ago and ETA shipping is 1-3 weeks. Sooner than I expected. I hope this is true.

#973 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Whoa. You paid day 1 and haven't seen your game? Looks like I'm going to be waiting until the end of summer. Crazy

90% of orders were Day 1. In what order we will never know but Day 1 is just assumed for all outstanding orders for a good long time.

#974 3 years ago

Are you saying that Pirates will be back on the production line with a price increase?

#975 3 years ago
    Quoted from pbjksb:

I ordered GNR SE about 2 weeks ago and ETA shipping is 1-3 weeks. Sooner than I expected. I hope this is true.

How did you find out the delivery eta? Is this from JJP direct? Distributors are saying they have no idea

#976 3 years ago
    Quoted from unlockpinball:

Are you saying that Pirates will be back on the production line with a price increase?

People really need to let this go. If it was going to happen, it would have.

#977 3 years ago
    Quoted from unlockpinball:

I heard it’s scheduled to release the same time the Tron VE comes out.

#978 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Dreams are free !

#979 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

People are still holding out for a TronVE release... so people can't let it go.

#980 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

People are still holding out for a TronVE release... so people can't let it go.

And PTC !

LTG : )

#981 3 years ago

And LOTR

#982 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

I heard it’s scheduled to release the same time the Tron VE comes out.

JJP are struggling to make Gunners orders let alone a different game.

#983 3 years ago

Why look back?

GNR is an awesome pinball experience!!!

I’m so thrilled with my Gorgeous CE words can’t even describe it!

So many great ways to have fun on this pin

#984 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:I really wanted a GNR LE but when they made the announcement with all this backlog this is not serious. I don't want to wait 6 months to a year for something. This is not serious. Yes it's pinball and not essential but give me a break. After big lebowski, aliens and predator fiasco just to name a few I really don't feel confortable with no precise information of when I going to get my pin. I know JJP might be a cie more reliable than the other cies who produced titles who never got delivered but since JJP started years ago the only thing really annoying me is the long wait because they cannot keep up. You can say pandemic all day but it's always been like that in my book.

Distributors take refundable deposits for JJP orders. So mentioning heighway or dutch pinball has no relevance to JJP delivering your game. Distributors buy the games from JJP when they are (almost) ready to go out. They aren't bootstrapping it. Games are going out every week. People are announcing they received their games every day on this site. People pre-order cars, memorabilia statues, and lots of other things that have a much longer timeframe to wait. Updates by distributors have been accurate. The response to this game has been overwhelming and they are ramping up a new factory. The narrative that JJP is 'struggling' is ridiculous. They aren't Stern. Nobody said they are. They do want to have two lines going. It's a process and considering they made the move in 2020 during the pandemic is pretty incredible. Sounds like they are serious to me.

The price increase was not to 'lock in' current pre-orders.

One day you can buy a pin that is in stock. You'll just have to wait. Whether you have a $2,000 refundable deposit with a distributor or you keep it so you don't feel tied down is up to you. But the day this game was revealed it was on the production line. That's a huge improvement.

#985 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

And PTC !
    LTG : )

And WWE, oh wait.

#986 3 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

And WWE, oh wait.

LMAO on that one. I’m sure it was all the leftover armour that got used on Guardians

#987 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't think his name is Will.</

[quoted image]

Quick I just saw somebody make a negative remark on the the LZ owners thread!

#988 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Wasn't me! Hahaha!!

#989 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

This is what I think every time I see all the JJP fan boys bounce back and forth between threads

Cmon everyone back to the pile!!!

#990 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

This is what I think every time I see all the JJP fan boys bounce back and forth between threads
    Cmon everyone back to the pile!!!
    [quoted image]

I don't have a JJP game... All due respect, just think Stern missed with Led Zeppelin. Is that Gary Stern on top of that pile? Looks like him F'ing the Stern fan boys over with his LZ. "Oh ya, you like it.. Don't ya!" Bah-ha!

I should say that what was missed with LZ can big fixed... Gonna get a nice used pro, new translite... adding the 4th ramp and pinsound. 50, 60 songs and better voice call outs. Bury it in the line up so I don't see the side art

#991 3 years ago

I'm not a huge LZ fan, but to me the pin really actually fits LZ theme pretty well. A laid back, non frantic, old style game. Might not be everyones idea of fun, but I find it hard to think anyone has any amazingly different ideas for it. LZ wasn't exactly flashy like GnR, or known for their artstyle like some other bands. Is it overpriced for what you get? Maybe...but LZ license was no way cheap.

#992 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

I don't have a JJP game... All due respect, just think Stern missed with Led Zeppelin. Is that Gary Stern on top of that pile? Looks like him F'ing the Stern fan boys over with his LZ. "Oh ya, you like it.. Don't ya!" Bah-ha!
    I should say that what was missed with LZ can big fixed... Gonna get a nice used pro, new translite... adding the 4th ramp and pinsound. 50, 60 songs and better voice call outs. Bury it in the line up so I don't see the side art

The side art is literally the art from Zep III as I’m sure you know. They really pissed you off with this one I guess.

#993 3 years ago
    Quoted from DrJoe:

The side art is literally the art from Zep III as I’m sure you know. They really pissed you off with this one I guess.

Is what it is, leaning towards anything below for my new translite. Now back to GnR which JJP knocked out of the M/F park!

61O+PqSVu8L._AC_SL1024_ (resized).jpg61O+PqSVu8L._AC_SL1024_ (resized).jpga381b6fedc6ab4225b99fad25db3cf107a9222d1 (resized).jpega381b6fedc6ab4225b99fad25db3cf107a9222d1 (resized).jpegd64532ca4378321711a33c45eb7974247ef3bd0e (resized).pngd64532ca4378321711a33c45eb7974247ef3bd0e (resized).pngdownload (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpgeb5a6f014d9339bb5feba9805dfdf851b0848267 (resized).jpgeb5a6f014d9339bb5feba9805dfdf851b0848267 (resized).jpgimages (1) (resized).jpgimages (1) (resized).jpg

#994 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

Is what it is, leaning towards anything below for my new translite. Now back to GnR which JJP knocked out of the park!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just get a GnR, then. Put your money where your mouth is or STFU already.

#995 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just get a GnR, then. Put your money where your mouth is or STFU already.

KK, I promise I'm done. Just handing out options for guys like me, it's not too late to sell ur LZLE and join the movement .. My pm is exploding with guys wanting to get in on doing the same thing. Lots of talented guys coming together to make a final product Led Zeppelin truly deserves.

#996 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

KK, I promise I'm done. Just handing out options for guys like me, it's not too late to sell ur LZLE and join the movement .. My pm is exploding with guys wanting to get in on doing the same thing. Lots of talented guys coming together to make a final product Led Zeppelin truly deserves.

deeproot 3.0?

#997 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

deeproot 3.0?

Nothing like that ... just gonna change things on the LZ pro that the average Joe can't do. Make it better or make it worse.. haha!

#998 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

Nothing like that ... just gonna do things to the LZ pro that the average Joe can't do.

Hahahahahahshahaha

#999 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

Nothing like that ... just gonna change things on the LZ pro that the average Joe can't do. Make it better or make it worse.. haha!

So your first name is Joe?

You do understand you can add everything you want, but if it isn't coded, it won't make much of a difference, right?

#1000 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

So your first name is Joe?
    You do understand you can add everything you want, but if it isn't coded, it won't make much of a difference, right?

A lot of really cool idea's are flying around right now.. One is where the ball drops in front of the third flipper from the 4th ramp. I'll chat about it next week. Kids wanna play some pinball. Cheers guys!

There are 1,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k/page/20?hl=unlockpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.