Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg
    There are 1,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 31.
    #901 3 years ago

I love my Stern LEs. Fun beasts that they are.

AlienLE is the only pin that comes close

And it’s a distant second place

Stern sells “fun”. Gary said it. Because they won’t/can’t compete on the JJP experience level

Anyone that bought this game at whatever price will be happy!

#902 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chuckwebster:

I based the number on what it costs today. I paid 9k (technically a little less) for LZLE including shipping. If i were to order a GNR it would be 10.5k plus $300 shipping. total difference in price is $1800 which is 20% of 9k

yea well they were basically the same price if u ordered at the same time....I get LZ is a little cheaper....it shows for what u get although I like their music

#903 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

#2. GNR is an unreal pinball experience. There is no comparison. Period.

Are you on Scorbit, Iceman?

#904 3 years ago

What’s 1k to you big ballas? Stop complaining and buy it.

#905 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Are you on Scorbit, Iceman?

What’s that?

#906 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball69:

What’s 1k to you big ballas? Stop complaining and buy it.

I’m a big balla.

But only in my trousers.

rd

#907 3 years ago

Greedy JJP sonofa...
    BF54829F-A385-4C23-92D2-20CDE3B64B20 (resized).jpegBF54829F-A385-4C23-92D2-20CDE3B64B20 (resized).jpeg

Seriously?!...TOY STORY?!?!

679AFA2A-E126-4095-A229-67531EF62389 (resized).jpeg679AFA2A-E126-4095-A229-67531EF62389 (resized).jpeg

#909 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Joe Balser is a thief?

God I wish he'd steal someone else's PF ideas

#910 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not one of them has left mine...

Well I’m happy for you!

#911 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Joe Balser is a thief? That’s news to me, do tell

come on... don't be obtuse.
    You know that Houdini was original a game used by JPOP to rip off your fellow pinheads.
    I really don't care if Joe came in and fixed the game to make it ready for production.
    It's a bad-blood game designed by a Thief.
    Splitting hairs doesn't change the fact that American Pinball started off by throwing their lot in with that Thief. They'll never be "Right with me" because of it.

I wanted to like Hot Wheels or Octoberfest; but again... I haven't trusted American Pinball with my money because of their first game. One day; maybe they'll do a title I have to have at a reasonable price; then maybe I'll get over the first game. So far; they haven't.

#912 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Will I’m happy for you!

I don't think his name is Will.

#913 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

come on... don't be obtuse.
    You know that Houdini was original a game used by JPOP to rip off your fellow pinheads.
    I really don't care if Joe came in and fixed the game to make it ready for production.
    It's a bad-blood game designed by a Thief.
    Splitting hairs doesn't change the fact that American Pinball started off by throwing their lot in with that Thief. They'll never be "Right with me" because of it.
    I wanted to like Hot Wheels or Octoberfest; but again... I haven't trusted American Pinball with my money because of their first game. One day; maybe they'll do a title I have to have at a reasonable price; then maybe I'll get over the first game. So far; they haven't.

They didn’t use JPOPs design. As far as I can tell, Houdini is open IP... anyone can use it. It’s not like they paid JPOP for Houdini. They didn’t use JPOP’s art, either. It was their game from the ground up and they sold it at a fair price without requiring preorders.

Not being obtuse. It’s just the facts.

API is a solid company that provides great customer service, excellent build, and they actually deliver games. If you’re missing out on that, your loss.

#914 3 years ago

Yeah Zitt, I usually can see where you’re coming from but that’s a weird take.

If anything AP tried to fix the Magic Girl situation before ultimately realizing it was too deep a hole and escaping alive to salvage what they could... I mean maybe you know something I don’t but I think AP and Balcer is clean here.

#915 3 years ago

Next thing we know JJP is offering a $15k signature edition with a piece of a couch Slash sat on at JJP during his visit

#916 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Next thing we know JJP is offering a $15k signature edition with a piece of a couch Slash sat on at JJP during his visit

...and screaming yellow legs and side rails??

#917 3 years ago
    Quoted from Straight_Flush:

I was saving for a SE, finally Jack made a pin that I felt was affordable. Then he goes and raises his price 1k? Keep your pin jack. Hot wheels is a bargain @ 6300 free topper,side blades,shaker motor.

Exactly

#918 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I can give you a couple good reasons people may not have gone in at first.
    1.Playfield issues.
    2.The huge backlog
    3.No timeline for when people will receive games
    JJP seem to love shooting themselves in the foot. This is just another situation where the backlash could have been avoided.

And this too !

#919 3 years ago

People might also be balancing the money they DO have, versus going into or deeper into debt. For me, I felt this game was an option, LE wise, but maybe a year or so down the road.

I assumed it was a big success, and would be made for at least a year or more. I did not assume this, 4 months post reveal.

#920 3 years ago

New official sales pitch

"Do you want a GNR LE for $9,500? Not in this lifetime".

#921 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

New official sales pitch
    "Do you want a GNR LE for $9,500? Not in this lifetime".

I also kinda thought about this last night...

For new orders at $1K higher, couldn't they at least toss in a couple of exclusive molded new toys? Maybe cost them an extra $100, and the increase could be rationalized by some.

I mean, at least try.....

#922 3 years ago

#923 3 years ago

I would love to see how the sale numbers are affected by the price increase. I would expect them to drop to nothing for a month or so, but will they keep selling at 10,500.00 two months from now. I feel like im being squeesed buy a cash grab or someone who is flipping a game to make a fast buck. The bottom line Is i will feel ripped off by JJP if I were to buy one now for 10500. It real sucks that I couldent buy one now even though the game is awesome due to the way it just rubs me wrong. If I buy one from a flipper I know its just someone takeing a chance to make a easy buck, but to feel that the manafacture is sticking it to me just makes me not want to buy anything from them :{

#924 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

That's the thing, isn't it? It's a combination of both as I see it. We can be accountable, accept our faults in decision making, correct them, move forward with knowledge and make more empowered decisions, no matter what the stage.
    But there are also inevitable factors, forces beyond our control, that impact and influence our lives in ways that we are so utterly powerless to alter.
    One change I will definitely make, is crossing JJP off my list for NIB purchases. As an owner of two of their 6 games, that kinda sucks, but financial comfort + defining my own principles in this matter, makes a more contented me.

Well said Sir.

#925 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crumbalimb:

I would love to see how the sale numbers are affected by the price increase. I would expect them to drop to nothing for a month or so, but will they keep selling at 10,500.00 two months from now. I feel like im being squeesed buy a cash grab or someone who is flipping a game to make a fast buck. The bottom line Is i will feel ripped off by JJP if I were to buy one now for 10500. It real sucks that I couldent buy one now even though the game is awesome due to the way it just rubs me wrong. If I buy one from a flipper I know its just someone takeing a chance to make a easy buck, but to feel that the manafacture is sticking it to me just makes me not want to buy anything from them :{

My guess is they came to a grinding halt, and if the next title is priced at the same rate the sales won't be nearly as high as GNR.

#926 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Again I gotta ask: Where is our PanzerFreak and what have you done with him????

#927 3 years ago

Thank you!

I just don't feel any human can overcome adversity to any degree. There are always walls, clicks, things that hold us in place. We can try, and try, and try, but sometimes we only have so much power.

Control is something we rarely ever have in life. It's okay to admit that.

#928 3 years ago

Dear lord crazy Levi ain’t nobody got time for this!

#929 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

They didn’t use JPOPs design. As far as I can tell, Houdini is open IP... anyone can use it. It’s not like they paid JPOP for Houdini. They didn’t use JPOP’s art, either. It was their game from the ground up and they sold it at a fair price without requiring preorders.

Sorry; I disagree. Look at the layout of the "demo" playfield... and the production machine.
    The layout is too similar - maybe some minor adjustments to address bad geometry.
    JPOP did get a salary for a while under AP... until they figured out he was a hack.

Look; I get it... you wanna like your games. It's your right to stick your head in the sand or choose to ignore it.

It's also my right to voice my concerns about them taking a bad-blood game and make it a reality.
    Very similar to Pinball Brothers trying Alien. DeepRott doing Zombie game from ?JPOP?. Now all someone needs to do is Predator.
    Simply put; I have zero faith in companies copying an infamous game to try and profit. Leave a bad taste in my mouth. You don't have to agree; but it is a concern for some of us.

#931 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Sorry; I disagree. Look at the layout of the "demo" playfield... and the production machine.
    The layout is too similar - maybe some minor adjustments to address bad geometry.
    JPOP did get a salary for a while under AP... until they figured out he was a hack.
    Look; I get it... you wanna like your games. It's your right to stick your head in the sand or choose to ignore it.
    It's also my right to voice my concerns about them taking a bad-blood game and make it a reality.
    Very similar to Pinball Brothers trying Alien. DeepRott doing Zombie game from ?JPOP?. Now all someone needs to do is Predator.
    Simply put; I have zero faith in companies copying an infamous game to try and profit. Leave a bad taste in my mouth. You don't have to agree; but it is a concern for some of us.

Different cabinet design, different playfield design, different board system, different lighting system, different art, all-original code, all-original sound. Sold without pre-order money and distributors were instructed not to take deposits. It was manufactured. It actually works... and it continues to receive solid support to this very day.

It's a completely different game.

As Ben Heck, who knows more about the backstory of this than you or I, said: "John's Houdini wasn't a game. Shots to nowhere, targets in places you couldn't hit, static laser cut "toys" that did nothing. It was a proof of concept built like a final product whose only goal was to trick a company into bailing out Magic Girl."

#932 3 years ago

Boy, did I really have perfect timing. One night, two weeks ago, I posted in a local sale thread asking if anyone had a GNR SE for sale or trade. Didn't really care about the game, just wanted to play it for a few months and then move it along.

A local Pinsider had one he bought while waiting for his LE. We arranged a straight trade for one of my pins and then a few days later JJP jacked up the price. Perfect timing for me because I would not have been interested in trading for a $7800 GNR which would've cost more than I paid for Wonka and Dialed In.

Also sounds like the Standard Edition is going to be the real "limited" edition too. Game is really fast and fun, jaw dropping light shows, nice open stage area that I am having fun modding and now working on a pretty sweet topper for it.

#933 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

No, but its a stupid comment.....like yourself he's probably still bitter he blew his wad on an LZ LE

Just got word LZ price might be dropping, Stern needs box room for the next pin. Lmao!

#934 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

Just got word LZ price might be dropping, Stern needs box room for the next pin. Lmao!

Man, you really keep trying, don't you?

#935 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Might go in on a pro with the future price drop( home pin price), a buddy is making the 4th ramp for fun... Change the back Glass art and bury it in the line up so you don't see the bugs bunny art..Dump the call outs! Donsky!! Got myself a Jukebox.

#936 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Also sounds like the Standard Edition is going to be the real "limited" edition too.

Nope, the "Back Stage" addition will be.

I like Jack but I can't help but to poke some fun..

#937 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hes just so lonely,,

#938 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hes just so lonely,,

Like, who IS this guy? Never heard of him before. It's just the dullest schtick imaginable.

Was he grown in some Canadian lab hellbent on creating the ultimate Stern Hater?

Is there ANYBODY on either team of this Hatfield and McCoys drama who doesn't think he should dial it down about 500 percent?

#939 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

Nope, the "Back Stage" edition will be.
    I like Jack but I can't help but to poke some fun..

And yet, JJP hasn't done a "one more time" edition since WOZ/Hobbit.

#940 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Like, who IS this guy? Never heard of him before. It's just the dullest schtick imaginable.
    Was he grown in some Canadian lab hellbent on creating the ultimate Stern Hater?
    Is there ANYBODY on either team of this Hatfield and McCoys drama who doesn't think he should dial it down about 500 percent?

Lol, come on now.. I caved and said I'll buy the LZpro with the below tweaks. Everyone here wants it as is? Cool. To each there own.

"a buddy is making the 4th ramp for fun... Change the back Glass art and bury it in the line up so I don't see the bugs bunny art.. Delete the call outs. Donsky!!" I'll have myself the Led Zeppelin pin that I always wanted.

#941 3 years ago

The Australian distributor in their infinite wisdom have now raised the price of the LE overnight to $16850. Should be lined up against the wall and shot with a ball of their own shit...
    I was about to pay a deposit and order one, but now I’m out and will wait and buy one second hand...good way to keep customers or obtain new ones.

#942 3 years ago
    Quoted from Freddykaboodle:

The Australian distributor in their infinite wisdom have now raised the price of the LE overnight to $16850. Should be lined up against the wall and shot with a ball of their own shit...

Easy pass. Better stuff available

#943 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Easy pass. Better stuff available

Not sure theres better stuff out there, but maybe more value for your buck on the used market? That being said Australian pin prices are crazy. Its a wonder they sell any pins

#944 3 years ago

Oh. There's always something better, no matter what you're looking for. Wasnt a knock on gnr, just the pricing

#945 3 years ago

I was about to pay a deposit and order one, but now I’m out and will wait and buy one second hand...good way to keep customers or obtain new ones.

i dont see his options JJP raise his cost by 1k US thats about 1350$ AUD no way he could absorb that ,,, im in no way an apologist for Paul i was one of many
    that was dangled a carrot of the hope of an delivery b4 xmas ,, yep im a mug , but there was many of us and i think ill be lucky to see mine b4 mid year

#946 3 years ago

Yeah a visible cueing would be nice. If I knew mine was coming in June with certainty I’d be fine, but people are guessing June. That’s just bad communication and customer service from JJP regardless of the price hike

#947 3 years ago

its like he lives in his own little world by himself, he even says words I have never heard. Anyone think they raised the price just to slow down the backlog to stay on schedule for their next game announcement?

#948 3 years ago

Should be lined up against the wall and shot with a ball of their own shit...

Settle down mate , jjp put up their prices , Paul had no choice .
    Good luck finding a HUO cheaper , no one is going to sell their's for less than what they payed , unless they're desperate for cash .

Quoted from john17a:

i was one of many
    that was dangled a carrot of the hope of an delivery b4 xmas ,, yep im a mug , but there was many of us and i think ill be lucky to see mine b4 mid year

Paul has been totally upfront with me about the wait . He's filling up containers and shipping them as fast as JJP can make them .
    Jjp hasn't given reliable wait times to any of their distributors , there are still day 1 orders to be filled .
    Paul is a great guy . I mentioned I had some issues with my Hobbit , he gave me some parts and when they didn't work , he came over and fixed it for free . He didn't even sell me the game .
    I'm more than happy to do business with him .

#949 3 years ago
    Quoted from Charliew65:

its like he lives in his own little world by himself, he even says words I have never heard. Anyone think they raised the price just to slow down the backlog to stay on schedule for their next game announcement?

i think they raised prices so that people who placed orders won't bail out. Waiting 6 months to a year is going to be tough with so many other options that will be available sooner. A 1k penalty will be tough to swallow for anyone who does bail out and wants back in later.

#950 3 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Settle down mate , jjp put up their prices , Paul had no choice .
    Good luck finding a HUO cheaper , no one is going to sell their's for less than what they payed , unless they're desperate for cash .

Paul has been totally upfront with me about the wait . He's filling up containers and shipping them as fast as JJP can make them .
    Jjp hasn't given reliable wait times to any of their distributors , there are still day 1 orders to be filled .
    Paul is a great guy . I mentioned I had some issues with my Hobbit , he gave me some parts and when they didn't work , he came over and fixed it for free . He didn't even sell me the game .
    I'm more than happy to do business with him .

Well i know dam well what my discussion was when i put a deposit down and know plenty of people who have stated the same that was what happened or do you pretend that you where on another line listening in and want to say what ive printed is a lie

There are 1,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k/page/19?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.