Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg
    There are 1,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 31.
    #501 3 years ago
    Quoted from LordHumungus:

I didn't say they can't. I said it was horseshit. Kinda like how anyone could actually defend this move. Then can, but then being a dumbfuck comes to mind.

Dumbfuck, eh? That's real classy.

Anyone buying modern games NIB are part of the problem they shout down with disgust. Feeding the machine and crying about it at the same time.

#502 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Prices are up across the board right now. And I added value to my WOZ by doing the 2.0 light board swap.

You're exactly right. People that doubt the value you added don't understand the situation with WoZ. Light boards will fail eventually with anything but 2.0. to install is a pain in the ass.

WoZ in generally has really started to go up in value recently and ones with 2.0 even more. Derrick is 100% right

#503 3 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

Stern just jacked (no pun intended) EHOH by $500.00, and actually did it to those who had pre orders already down for more the 6 months or so.

EHOH isnt a cornerstone release

Quoted from 27dnast:

Dumbfuck, eh? That's real classy.
    Anyone buying modern games NIB are part of the problem they shout down with disgust. Feeding the machine and crying about it at the same time.

Stern, CGC, and AP are all contenders for NIB with me without complaint

#504 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Define “tanked”. Hobbit was $7500 NIB. I bought one for $6500. Is that “tanked” or “normal”? When Sterns like Elvis, Sopranos & South Park were $3500 NIB, you could get them used all day long for like $1500. Seems like games that depreciate today still hold a significant amount of their value.

Price for The Hobbit started at $7500 for preorders, yet well before these games were available prices increased after Feb 2013 to $8000 and eventually up to $9000. Also, once Smaug sales slowed down JJP rolled out the Black Arrow edition and that didn't help sellers of Smaug. So, making a comparison at $6500 doesn't compare well to those people buying NIB above that preorder price.

Elvis, Sopranos, and South Park for $1500? Unless they were broken and sitting on three legs, none of these pins were readily available working for close to $1500. I understand you are trying to make a point here that newer games depreciated more in the past than today. I agree with that point, but I think your examples are unrealistic.

#505 3 years ago
    Quoted from PokerJake:

This isn't a healthy sign, otherwise AP, CGC and Stern would be raising they're prices 1k. Instead Stern raised theirs $100 like they do every other year, AP dropped theirs from $7300 to $6300 with Hot Wheels(excellent game), CGC remakes after MM started at $6k.

Well, Stern just announced that Elvira and BM66 pricing was going up $500... and any customer with a preoder would have to pay the difference or receive a refund. Apparently they're claiming a rise in parts cost.

#506 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

You're exactly right. People that doubt the value you added don't understand the situation with WoZ. Light boards will fail eventually with anything but 2.0. to install is a pain in the ass.
    WoZ in generally has really started to go up in value recently and ones with 2.0 even more. Derrick is 100% right

To add to your point. As a former WOZ ECELE owner, without the 2.0 light boards, I wouldn't even consider buying a 7.5 lamp board game regardless of the price. I replaced ALL the lamp boards in my game twice, and some three times. For those of you that haven't had that problem in your Emerald Green or Ruby Red game, consider yourself very lucky.

#507 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gunnut40:

Man... don’t y’all have some kind of budget? I try to spend around 4K a year on hobbies. I don’t care if they raise prices. I only have X amount of money to spend. It effects me zero.

You and I are minnows in the hobby. I busted my nut on MMr.

#508 3 years ago

I literally just sold my hobbit to order one of these and they raise it by 1,000 with no warning? Cool. Lost my sale JJP.

#509 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gattiman:I literally just sold my hobbit to order one of these and they raise it by 1,000 with no warning? Cool. Lost my sale JJP.

Just call the guy you sold the Hobbit to and inform him that under your new pricing structure he owes you $1,000.

#510 3 years ago

Lol right!

#511 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just call the guy you sold the Hobbit to and inform him that under your new pricing structure he owes you $1,000.

I was kinda thinking the same joke!

Quoted from PtownPin:

Why would they start now

They've been doing media blasts pimping Eric and the game since release, and merchandise as well as giveaways.

Now, crickets.

To me, that says they want this to slip under the rug for non Pinside type customers, and well...that's some smelly bullshit, right there!!!

#512 3 years ago

aLREADY 6 sold CE for crazy resale and didnt even open the box... and currently have 3 more '
    almost 10 scalped already .
    Must be a great game to not keep it !
    Or a Great Opp for someone to $$$$$$$$

#513 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

aLREADY 6 sold CE for crazy resale and didnt even open the box... and currently have 3 more '

just the beginning. People need to hold off and let the market saturate. So many flippers just dying to list theirs

#514 3 years ago

I thought there goal was to get SE in locations.

Not gonna happen with me now.

#515 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

just the beginning. People need to hold off and let the market saturate. So many flippers just dying to list theirs

My guess is demand for CE's will always be there...LE's will drop like most JJP games

#516 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Brilliant. Hilarious. Both.

#517 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

THIS!

#518 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

I have spent a lot of time on a LE and it just OK. Beautiful and great light show and music but i still think game play is lacking. If I had a LE or CE I would sell to highest bidder and laugh to the bank. Anyone who pays $15-20K for one of these is stupid. Just give it a year or so and they will be readily available anyway. JJP will pump these damn things out like bubble gum.

#519 3 years ago

I don’t know where all the hobbit lovers here price pumping it now were last summer but I couldn’t even get 6000 for my LE. Sold for 5900. Fantastic shape and HUO. Either my timing was bad, people in my market area are cheap as hell and used to super deflated pricing or no one here actually would pay what they are claiming is market value for hobbits.

Disclaimer - I love the game! I only sold it to help fund my Lebowski.

#520 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I don’t know where all the hobbit lovers here price pumping it now were last summer but I couldn’t even get 6000 for my LE. Sold for 5900. Fantastic shape and HUO. Either my timing was bad, people in my market area are cheap as hell and used to super deflated pricing or no one here actually would pay what they are claiming is market value for hobbits.

Summer is the worst time to sell a game and not willing to ship will limit your ability to get asking price. I've owned the game before and would have paid that price to get one back in a heartbeat.

#521 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

That’s not bad. I bought my HUO Smaug for 6K almost 2 years ago.

#522 3 years ago

Some people really want a CE bad it seems

There is GNR and then everything else

I love my Stern LEs but this is just a whole different level of greatness

It is what it is and there is no fighting it!

#523 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Some people really want a CE bad it seems
    There is GNR and then everything else
    I love my Stern LEs but this is just a whole different level of greatness
    It is what it is and there is no fighting it!

I'm really glad you're enjoying it, Iceman!

#524 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not scoffing at anyone. The post I replied to said that these prices are going to drive people to get out of the hobby. Why on earth would that ever be true?

Why would that ever be true? I dont know your thought processes you answer your own question dude you wrote it.

Throwing shade at people who only buy new games is exactly what you did... your opinion which is fine, but dont dodge what you said with sarcasm.

I would assume also nib but I would also consider a game built in last few yrs also new. Some would argue otherwise... its subjective. Some might say a game in last 2yrs is new.

You like taking your upvotes but you don't take it well when you get called out for writing a very generalised and very ordinary comment. Grow a thicker skin and just own it yeah?

#525 3 years ago

Nobody asked my opinion, but here it is: I buy only new games nowadays just because that's what I'm feeling. But I also love @chuckwurt. So if he was throwing shade on people like me (he wasn't), I'd shrug it off just because of all he's done for the people on this site and in this hobby. One the biggest contributors to this site, IMO.

And I can't believe we're still talking about this almost 3 pages later...

#526 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

I'm really glad you're enjoying it, Iceman!

Thx brother. It’s simply an amazing experience

Pinball, concert, sound, light show, immersion etc

I couldn’t be happier!

#527 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Genius! I’m doing this with everything I’ve ever sold. That broken dishwasher I sold last year for $500, I’m asking for $750 now

#528 3 years ago

I paid for the whole thing, not a deposit, and bought from flip n out. If they raise the price, I will be pretty upset, back out and never buy again from distributor or company. This is how company will lose business! Consumers will remember what they did!

#529 3 years ago
    Quoted from pbjksb:

I paid for the whole thing, not a deposit, and bought from flip n out. If they raise the price, I will be pretty upset, back out and never buy again from distributor or company. This is how company will lose business! Consumers will remember what they did!

You’re fine. Distributors are honoring the less expensive price with existing orders

#530 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's gold Jerry! Gold!...fn hilarious.

#531 3 years ago
    Quoted from BrianBannon:

Elvis, Sopranos, and South Park for $1500? Unless they were broken and sitting on three legs, none of these pins were readily available working for close to $1500.

I used to go to auctions all the time, and those games absolutely went for those prices...they’re routed games so condition varies, but none were broken and awful. For a certain time, the only Stern Whitestar games that held value in the $3k zone were TSPP & LOTR...everything else was commonly $2000 or less.

#532 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Thx brother. It’s simply an amazing experience
    Pinball, concert, sound, light show, immersion etc
    I couldn’t be happier!

Wait until you get your head around the rules...it really opens up.

#533 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nobody asked my opinion, but here it is: I buy only new games nowadays just because that's what I'm feeling. But I also love chuckwurt. So if he was throwing shade on people like me (he wasn't), I'd shrug it off just because of all he's done for the people on this site and in this hobby. One the biggest contributors to this site, IMO.
    And I can't believe we're still talking about this almost 3 pages later...

I am now in the same boat as you. I have a SS with a ground short row 1 stuck close. I have eliminated the board and I am trying to figure out the wire that has either been pinched or broken. The entire time I am doing this I am kicking myself for spending 7k on this game. If anyone is interested I have SS with a problem for sale 6k and it is yours.

#534 3 years ago

Duplicate post

#535 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

No one is getting hurt, here. JJP is honoring pricing on already ordered games. New buyers have a choice to make, but it's not like walking away is taking food off the table.

Well said

#536 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I was planning to get one once they got up to speed on orders but after hearing this news I'm out. And I was just about ready to list my ACDC and some other pins to raise funds. I'll just stay happy with what I have I guess.

This for me, was just about to list both my Metallica Premium and TNA. I had just earlier today gotten approval from the Mrs for an LE...at the lower price I thought was the going rate. I’m not going to explain this increase to her...I’m just out.

If there is a distro that has the a spot at the 9.5k price shipped let me know...

#537 3 years ago
    Quoted from riggy469:

I didn’t bother to try and order with anyone right now knowing I couldn’t get it until summer or later. This is a total garbage move and should have at least given people a heads up that the price increase was coming, given the fact that the game has only been out a few months.

That’s how I feel. At least give everyone a few weeks notice to get an order in before the price change if you were a person on the fence.

#538 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

This for me, was just about to list both my Metallica Premium and TNA. I had just earlier today gotten approval from the Mrs for an LE...at the lower price I thought was the going rate. I’m not going to explain this increase to her...I’m just out.
    If there is a distro that has the a spot at the 9.5k price shipped let me know...

You lucked out. Better to keep two awesome games like Met & TNA! Legit keepers.

#539 3 years ago

Yeah I got in right before the hike. When I heard about the price hike I thought to my self, if I’m not locked in at $9500 I’m out. It wouldn’t be because I couldn’t afford an extra $1K, it’s principal. I fought the county assessor over $300 increase cuz it was ridiculous increase from prior years. Turns out they made a mistake. I’ll fight you for $5 if it’s mine. So I get why people are pist and walking away. JJP is reading this, so let them know

#540 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Wait until you get your head around the rules...it really opens up.

Yeah, but unfortunately the flow and shots are still not smooth or in any way easily repeatable.

I'd have been on this day one, well was emotionally, still was when I saw it played, but then played it.... And that's as a Houdini owner..!!!

Quoted from TigerLaw:

at the lower price

You mean at the initial, advertised for release and months afterwards, then changed sans any warning whatsoever........price.

I'd have definitely considered, way down the road. Now, 12K with shipping and taxes? I'll stick with the imaginary RAZA I plunked $600 on. Even if that never materializes, I'll amazingly feel less foolish.

#541 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

at the lower price

You mean at the initial, advertised for release and months afterwards, then changed sans any warning whatsoever........price.

I'd have definitely considered, way down the road. Now, 12K with shipping and taxes? I'll stick with the imaginary RAZA I plunked $600 on. Even if that never materializes, I'll amazingly feel less foolish.

#542 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I was kinda thinking the same joke!

They've been doing media blasts pimping Eric and the game since release, and merchandise as well as giveaways.
    Now, crickets.
    To me, that says they want this to slip under the rug for non Pinside type customers, and well...that's some smelly bullshit, right there!!!

Not sure I understand. How many marketing adds, commercials, etc for Any product have you seen advertise “Hey we just had a price increase!”? As it doesn’t effect any existing buyer why would they need to promote a price increase?

#543 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure I understand. How many marketing adds, commercials, etc for Any product have you seen advertise “Hey we just had a price increase!”? As it doesn’t effect any existing buyer why would they need to promote a price increase?

If they actually wanted sales, AND healthy customer satisfaction and to engender such a thing, they....eeeeasily could have stated a 30 day window openly, till price increase.

I know for myself, I might have made a move towards them. Now, I'll never buy this NIB, and that's coming from a massive JJP, a POTC owner, and an Eric Meunier fan.

There's nothing positive to be found from this decision from JJP. It's especially a MASSIVE slap in the face to those that missed out on a CE, at a now "just" 2K more, and also the on location possibilities for the "bargain" price that was heavily stripped down at just under 7K. Now at $7500, compared to $7750, Wonka SE's are a bargain.

F' this noise.

#544 3 years ago

Based on sales and how good it is, I don't think they raised it up enough.

#545 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

If they actually wanted sales

As they have been working on day one sales for four months and have a pre-paid back log of 6 plus months I don’t Think “wanting sales is the issue. The train is going down the track Way faster then they expected and this increase will slow it down.

#546 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

If they actually wanted sales, AND healthy customer satisfaction and to engender such a thing, they....eeeeasily could have stated a 30 day window openly, till price increase.

This is a great comment. While I wait for my Zeppelin game, I was going to look into getting a GNR in the summer when the production catches up to demand since there seems to be no rush waiting 6 months for a game on back order. If there was a warning of a price increase, I would have pulled the trigger but now I am out.

#547 3 years ago

Side note observation.... Hey Mr #Hogbog Eric, why does every awesome creation you make always come with a crazy market Chaos and hysteria attached! Lol

#548 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Define “tanked”. Hobbit was $7500 NIB. I bought one for $6500. Is that “tanked” or “normal”? When Sterns like Elvis, Sopranos & South Park were $3500 NIB, you could get them used all day long for like $1500. Seems like games that depreciate today still hold a significant amount of their value.

My hobbit le delivered was not $7500. It was $8478.06. Saw invoice yesterday.

#549 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Based on sales and how good it is, I don't think they raised it up enough.

Fine by me. I'm out!

When I got serious about this hobby less than 3 years ago, I genuinely wanted to own, at that point, all 4 existing JJP games.

3 years later, I own 2, would love to own all 6, but at this pricing structure, it's just....insane.

My base salary is 60K. Better than some, much less than others. I can bust my hump to make 80K, but even at 60K, I clear maybe....35K per year?

Given that my house cost me 66K, reasonably so, 15 years ago, owning all JJP games at this point is an asinine idea.

Not all of us in this hobby have "disposable income" as so many toss about. We just don't. I'd assume more are like me, SACRIFICING to buy these games.

So yeah, on site play it is. Thanks for making this decision all the easier, BILLIONAIRE Abess Family and Founder Jack! You guys, and Slash, can afford such things. Not me.

#550 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

You’re fine. Distributors are honoring the less expensive price with existing orders

Dude blew his nearly 12-year Pinside sleeper agent cover for nothing.

09AA4A0A-56C3-418A-AC48-28F7333C5B60 (resized).jpeg09AA4A0A-56C3-418A-AC48-28F7333C5B60 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.