Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN1878.JPG
IMG_1652.JPG
IMG_1650.JPG
IMG_1642.JPG
IMG_8172.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Fair condition. Whats it this DE going for?

#2 10 years ago

This one has gone crazy over the past 24 months. I would put a price range on this in Nor Cal at between $4K and $4.5K for a good example.

Sean

#3 10 years ago

I want one but local in California in the 3K range, its the only DE I need to finish my DE DMD row. I really could care less about the overpriced topper.

Joe(acejedi)

#4 10 years ago

I would say $4500 for a nice one.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Acejedi:

I want one but local in California in the 3K range, its the only DE I need to finish my DE DMD row. I really could care less about the overpriced topper.

$3k range in CA? Usually prices are higher in CA, but that's a deal you should grab!

There were two guys in the same thread trying to trade a TZ for a GNR a couple weeks ago, and neither had any luck. It's a hot title at the moment. I would say anything under $4k is a steal and go up from there according to condition, topper, wireform rev, etc. Rev3 shooter lane is very desirable and difficult to find, as is the topper when you're missing one.

#6 10 years ago

I agree with the previous folks...4-5k for an above average example. I have no idea what beaters go for.

I just picked up a very nice example in Lakeland, right near you...paid $4,200. Seller had it listed on eBay for a "Buy it now" price of $5,500. No fade (all the roses are bright red), PF has a nice sheen with very minor wear around axl hole (no cliffy installed), cabinet very solid but has a handful of scuffs (no major dents/scratches), boards/connectors all very clean (couple burnt connectors need replacing), nice topper.

Owned by a GNR fan since 2000...not a pinhead and not played very much in 13 years (though all the major features seem to work). Needs about $500 of "love" to make awesome (FF audio, LED's, fresh "G ramp", some new switches, pop parts, etc.). If this pin were being sold by a meticulous collector (i.e. with all the stuff I'm doing included), I would have paid 5k.

I've been casually looking for a GNR for 2 years! They don't come up very often, however I've seen 4 come across my screen over the past 4-6 weeks. Unfortunately, most sellers are asking for big bucks...one collector had a "HUO" example listed on Pinball Classifieds for $9,500! (and the axl hole and shooter lane didn't look nearly as nice as the one I picked up). This seller, along with others seem to want $5,500-$6,500 for average to above average examples. From my perspective, I'd only pay $5,500-$6,500 for high-end restorations or very lightly played HUO examples.

Good luck hunting...I'm having fun shopping/restoring this example. When it's done, I'll post some pics.

mechslave ps: I was one of those TZ for GNR guys...fortunately, TZ didn't have to go

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

$3k range in CA? Usually prices are higher in CA, but that's a deal you should grab!
There were two guys in the same thread trying to trade a TZ for a GNR a couple weeks ago, and neither had any luck. It's a hot title at the moment. I would say anything under $4k is a steal and go up from there according to condition, topper, wireform rev, etc. Rev3 shooter lane is very desirable and difficult to find, as is the topper when you're missing one.

IMO the 1st 2 designs for the wireforms are much more desirable. I have known 2 people who have had the 3rd set, and spent a good amount of time (and money) to find either the 1st or 2nd designs. For me personally, I HATE the way the VUK delivers the ball in the 3rd rev.

But to each their own right?

The original topper is hard to find for a decent price for sure. I am glad I have mine, but the re-design topper that was done within the past year is a very cool (and cheaper!) replacement if it is missing.

#8 10 years ago

Buy every one you can get for under $4K without the topper and under $5K with the topper. I finally found a very nice one and paid over $7K here in Chicago.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

IMO the 1st 2 designs for the wireforms are much more desirable. I have known 2 people who have had the 3rd set, and spent a good amount of time (and money) to find either the 1st or 2nd designs. For me personally, I HATE the way the VUK delivers the ball in the 3rd rev.

+1 gazillion

The main wireform bypassing the pops is weird, but I suppose one could get used to it. But not a fan of that VUK at all.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Buy every one you can get for under $4K without the topper and under $5K with the topper. I finally found a very nice one and paid over $7K here in Chicago.

That seems really high. (Unless totally restored I would think) Even here in N. Ca. I do not think a GnR would go for that, unless it is top-notch 100% perfect. (Everything here is overpriced)

I would guess I could get 5k for mine if I wanted to sell (and got a little lucky as my game is not perfect at all, but not terrible either)

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

That seems really high. (Unless totally restored I would think) Even here in N. Ca. I do not think a GnR would go for that, unless it is top-notch 100% perfect. (Everything here is overpriced)
I would guess I could get 5k for mine if I wanted to sell (and got a little lucky as my game is not perfect at all, but not terrible either)

I talked to a few people in N. Ca. while I was looking for mine. When I told them that I had a nice one lined up for $4500 and was looking to see what was closer to avoid shipping, they stopped talking to me. I got the impression that most of them were only selling if they could get way more than that.

Edit: I did find one locally in Reno. He wanted $5500 and it wasn't even working.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

The original topper is hard to find for a decent price for sure. I am glad I have mine, but the re-design topper that was done within the past year is a very cool (and cheaper!) replacement if it is missing.

I didn't even there were multiple wire form designs! Can you tell which one I have from this pic?

IMG_8172.JPGIMG_8172.JPG
#13 10 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

I paid under 3 for a nice example about a year ago. Apparently it was the right time.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I didn't even there were multiple wire form designs! Can you tell which one I have from this pic?

IMG_8172.JPG 4 MB

Original wireforms. They switched from the black to the chrome as a possible solution to the problem of the balls not clearing the incline on the wireform and then stacking balls in the shooter lane.

Really, the game has a flaw in that it is missing a switch on the wireform. A simple switch on the decline of the wireform could have been used to let the game know the ball cleared the hill, and it was OK to load another ball in the shooter lane.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I paid under 3 for a nice example about a year ago. Apparently it was the right time.

On the East Coast, prices haven't changed that much for GNR...I haven't come across a nice GNR for under 3k in quite awhile. I think you got a killer deal.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Original wireforms. They switched from the black to the chrome as a possible solution to the problem of the balls not clearing the incline on the wireform and then stacking balls in the shooter lane.
Really, the game has a flaw in that it is missing a switch on the wireform. A simple switch on the decline of the wireform could have been used to let the game know the ball cleared the hill, and it was OK to load another ball in the shooter lane.

Yeah, this flaw is a game killer. Get the keys, take the glass off, clear the balls, game over. Very frustrating. I still like the chrome wireform best, but I had to try a few different things to get it to work correctly.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Yeah, this flaw is a game killer. Get the keys, take the glass off, clear the balls, game over. Very frustrating. I still like the chrome wireform best, but I had to try a few different things to get it to work correctly.

I have never had problems with mine. Probably just got lucky.
(proceed with major issues when I play it next)

I do remember seeing an interesting hack to make the game play with no launch wireforms years ago. I believe it was a FUN! game where he made a few crude metal guides to have the ball launch out below the right drop targets. Unique way to deal with the issue of finding the habittrails for sure.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I have never had problems with mine. Probably just got lucky.
(proceed with major issues when I play it next)

I have about 70 plays on mine without a single issue - I have original wireform (Black) I found it about level and incline and maintenance.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I do remember seeing an interesting hack to make the game play with no launch wireforms years ago. I believe it was a FUN! game where he made a few crude metal guides to have the ball launch out below the right drop targets. Unique way to deal with the issue of finding the habittrails for sure.

B_R had a GNR with that hack. Pics on second page: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-and-roses-some-advice-please

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Not totally restored, but very nice. Full LED's, Slash Mod, Powder Coating and I added some roses.

IMG_1642.JPGIMG_1642.JPG IMG_1650.JPGIMG_1650.JPG IMG_1652.JPGIMG_1652.JPG
#21 10 years ago

I like the roses. Subtle and nice. Looks good. Not 7k good, but good.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Yeah, except that's very strange.

Spending a good amount of time and money to find the most common shooter wireform sounds very odd. Rev1 is a dime a dozen. There was one on ebay recently from a parted out GNR. Every one you run into from a parted out machine or FS in a parts list is the Rev1 or Rev2, which both do the same thing: dump the balls into the jets.

So before you do anything on launch, on multiball start, etc, you've got to wait for the balls to beat around in the jets. Rev3 is extremely tough to find and is the only one which bypasses the jets and launches the balls directly into play, and also goes under the R ramp so it's faster and never mislaunches a ball. Like I said, adds speed, flow and alters the commonly accepted skill shot strategy of selecting Super Pops every time.

I know of several guys who would've added money with their Rev1 or 2 and sent it to your friend for his Rev3. LOL Like I said, lots of ways to get the balls into the jets in GNR, and the Mega/Super Pops is too heavily weighted with the Rev1 and Rev2. Most players have never even played a Rev3, actually, so they don't even know they want it.

But yeah, to each their own.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

On the East Coast, prices haven't changed that much for GNR...I haven't come across a nice GNR for under 3k in quite awhile. I think you got a killer deal.

My bad. I bought two machines at once and mis-calculated. Still a hell of a deal at 3600.

#24 10 years ago

I can't decide if I would like GNR or TZ better for second game in a two pin collection. Or maybe do something else in that price range. Any ideas or is Metalllica worth it. I like ACDC music more and pin is fast but I wish it had more in it and wider range of shots. Always liked the ramps in GnR as I am a big fan of ramps in games.

#25 10 years ago

Gnr GNr gnR GNR.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I can't decide if I would like GNR or TZ better for second game in a two pin collection. Or maybe do something else in that price range. Any ideas or is Metalllica worth it.

You make the call!
DSCN1878.JPGDSCN1878.JPG

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I can't decide if I would like GNR or TZ better for second game in a two pin collection. Or maybe do something else in that price range. Any ideas or is Metalllica worth it. I like ACDC music more and pin is fast but I wish it had more in it and wider range of shots. Always liked the ramps in GnR as I am a big fan of ramps in games.

I own all the games you mentioned. TZ is probably the best,most rounded game ever made. GnR is far from that. Although if your talking about running around the game room after a ball drains cussing,AC/DC is the winner

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-check-plz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.