• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by 5DLounge
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hey Pinheads,
I am so new to pinball, it is embarrassing. Let's just say I know next to nothing. I use the wrong terminology, I don't understand scoring and my loves in pinball probably do not line up with yours.
Having said all that, I have some off the wall questions. Please be patient and do not assume I know what you mean. Talk to me like a 5 year old.
My questions below are on GNR pinball by JJP.

1. If I wanted to buy a version without the upper playfield, but still with all the lights offered in the Limited edition, is that possible?
2. How do you unlock the "Lies" album?
3. Coma Ball. I see the light in the left out lane. I see the switch for Coma off the upper right flipper. What does it do? I hit it and I see I get "Coma is Lit" but I do not ever seem to progress this. What am I missing? What does Coma eventually do?
4. I played a version in Michigan that had a brutal combination. A really tight Tilt paired with a scoop that was aimed down the drain. It made it so you could not nudge hard enough to save the ball without getting a tilt. True no win situation. My question is, is it possible to angle the scoop a bit if I owned the machine? So it did not automatically drain?

Really appreciate any guidance. I am embarrassed at how little I know about this stuff, even thought I owned the original GNR pinball in the early aughts. I owned the original machine for about 5 years and never even knew what nudging was until 3 months ago.

-Duke
Guns N' Roses (CE)

#2 1 year ago

And where can I find a list of all the "Patches" you can earn in the game?

#3 1 year ago

1. No
2. The "Lies" patch will unlock the song "Patience."
3. Hit the coma target enough times and it will start "Coma" mode when the ball goes out the left outlane.
During Coma mode (not the song Coma) you have to drain the IV bag by hitting any shots. Then the game will give you 2 - 3 shots to hit to start Coma multiball.
4. Yes. It should be angled to hit the left flipper, and you can dead flip to the right flipper.
4. b. JJP GnR is a game that needs to be set up correctly for most enjoyment. Really fun once dialed in.
5. The manual and rule flow chart can be found here: https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/downloads/

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from spspencer:

1. No
2. The "Lies" patch will unlock the song "Patience."
3. Hit the coma target enough times and it will start "Coma" mode when the ball goes out the left outlane.
During Coma mode (not the song Coma) you have to drain the IV bag by hitting any shots. Then the game will give you 2 - 3 shots to hit to start Coma multiball.
4. Yes. It should be angled to hit the left flipper, and you can dead flip to the right flipper.
4. b. JJP GnR is a game that needs to be set up correctly for most enjoyment. Really fun once dialed in.
5. The manual and rule flow chart can be found here: https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/downloads/

1. Yes,you can find a used SE with no upper field for 7k ish

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

1. Yes,you can find a used SE with no upper field for 7k ish

But it won't have the same lights as LE.

#6 1 year ago

True, pinstadium would help I suppose

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from 5DLounge:

Hey Pinheads,
I am so new to pinball, it is embarrassing. Let's just say I know next to nothing. I use the wrong terminology, I don't understand scoring and my loves in pinball probably do not line up with yours.

No worries at all, this community is always very willing to help out newbies
There is a GNR owners thread that you may want to read and post in - a lot of your questions have probably already been asked and answered there

1 week later
#8 1 year ago

Great information here. I really appreciate it. We have been playing the hell out of this over at Marvelous Marvin's in Farmington, Michigan. They did a lot of work on the machine recently. It runs really well.
I want this in the worst way possible, but in the meantime, I will keep making the trek and keep trying to advance my score.

We did unlock Patience, which was opened by completing the Patch "lies". I also found this link which breaks down each songs goal, each patch, combination of patches, and just so much more. You really need this to do well at the game. Lot's of little things in this game that unlock more little things. Just so cool!

Appreciate the help, gang. Here is that link: http://tiltforums.com/t/guns-n-roses-jjp-rulesheet/6803

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-pinball-a-bunch-of-random-questions-from-a-newb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.