• AFM 72 votes
    35%
  • Keep both & squeeze in another pin 23 votes
    11%

(208 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN2830_(resized).JPG
There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from Beemus:

We cancel each other out, neo. I did same and voted afm.

least i'm not the only one that didn't read the secondary header. I don't even remember the secondary header being there. I think he added it later to sway the votes to AFM Actually, I think this entire thread was conceived with the intent to trick me to actually vote for AFM in a positive way.

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from Beemus:

Once cv was defeated

Defeated? That thing was hardly playable out of the box! Williams wasn't too big on fixing bugs or finishing code shortly before they became finished with pinball themselves.

#103 8 years ago

I really never thought there was a war between CV and MM. MM and CC seemed to be at odds more often than not. CV was off on it's own creeping up the price meter. Same with TOTAN.

#104 8 years ago

CC was the least finished game of them all! At least when MM was released they still cared. And you can bet those other games got a big boost because of that.

#105 8 years ago

The CC code was downright embarrassing. I simply can't imagine a remake that didn't use one of the Continued evolutions... I remember the first time I got to play one just thinking, "Why on earth do people spend what they do on THIS?" I've played it a handful of times since then here and there and am familiar with the TPA version but yeah, no "just one more game" feeling here.

#106 8 years ago

I felt ripped off the first time I dropped fifty cents in one, which takes us back to Twister I guess.

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I felt ripped off the first time I dropped fifty cents in one, which takes us back to Twister I guess.

Point tooken. I saw one sell for $3500 near me in the past couple months. Older gentleman seemed to know what he wanted.

#108 8 years ago

3500 for CC. Someone made out. I know you can't be talking about twister, because no sane person would spend that on twister.

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

3500 for CC. Someone made out. I know you can't be talking about twister, because no sane person would spend that on twister.

I'm a terrible judge of sanity but I kept my mouth shut because I knew the seller, not the buyer.

edit: Yes, the seller made out.

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

because no sane person would spend that on twister.

Insane was what I found I could get a Twister for and then what CC was selling for.

#111 8 years ago

well the seller really really made out.

I've never got to play a twister that wasn't at super auctions. Seems everyone around here, had 1 or 2 twisters or sale. And if you know anything about super auctions, you will know they were nearly unplayable dirty pieces of shit. But also sold for $700-800 every time. Still wasn't worth it. So my experience with the game is extremely shitty. Until I play a nice one, that is my opinion.

#112 8 years ago

It's a cheesy game, but a whole lot of fun. Still more fun than CC IMO!

#113 8 years ago

If I found a dirty Twister under a grand, I'd be in the basement cleaning it with a toothbrush right now instead of bothering with Pinside. Odie and I don't agree on everything but setting all $ thinking aside, Twister is more fun than CC without a doubt. Plus, it would keep me from ever bothering with a Whirlwind since White Water is what I want anyway. Oh sorry, thought I was arguing with my wife again.

#114 8 years ago

I had AFM, it was great game. However, shoot the saucer was very redundant. I sold it years ago. I still have my GnR's.

GnR's is probably the BEST DE pinball ever made. And, they are harder to find in excellent condition, especially with the original topper. I have an internal amp in mine with upgraded speakers. Man that game Rocks!

For valued conscious shoppers; I would be concerned with AFMr... rinse and repeat of MMr.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not sure. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. And since I did I think I might just fire up Twister. "She's a beauty, woo hoo!!"

Sorry I'm drunk (er than usual) not picking up subtlties, that's from Paxton's finest moment "Frailty" if you haven't seen it.

#116 8 years ago

I'm going with GFM.

#117 8 years ago

Back to the matter at hand, AFM was a smokin' game but GNR was way cooler.

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I had AFM, it was great game. However, shoot the saucer was very redundant. I sold it years ago. I still have my GnR's.
GnR's is probably the BEST DE pinball ever made. And, they are harder to find in excellent condition, especially with the original topper. I have an internal amp in mine with upgraded speakers. Man that game Rocks!
For valued conscious shoppers; I would be concerned with AFMr... rinse and repeat of MMr.

Just find me a decent Tommy by PAGG to sit next to my GnR

#119 8 years ago

Do you mean like this?

DSCN2830_(resized).JPGDSCN2830_(resized).JPG

#120 8 years ago

Had both, loved both....still have AFM. I OD'd on Welcome to the Jungle....Welcome to the Jungle....Welcome to the Jungle...rinse and repeat.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 21.50
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-or-afm/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.