• 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171115_125440 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - wanted

WTB: GnR molded plastic snake

Added: 2017-10-16 01:18:44 UTC • Ended: November 21st, 2017

Price

Wanted

Looking for the green molded plastic snake in excellent condition.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are gweempose's market stats.

bronze Seller Level

gweempose has the Pinside Bronze seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to gweempose's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Northbrook, IL, US

#2 6 years ago

Does anyone have an extra one of these lying around, or are they pretty much impossible to find?

#3 6 years ago

Bump for the morning crowd. Surely someone has one of these tucked away for a rainy day?

#4 6 years ago

one of the vendors at YORK show had several of them. so sam sure they are around.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

one of the vendors at YORK show had several of them. so sam sure they are around.

Are you sure it wasn't one of the available snake mods for MET?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That seems much more likely.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

no he had 2 green and one black and my buddy with a G&R standing next to me when i showed him he said his snake was GOOD (TMI) LOL

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

no he had 2 green and one black and my buddy with a G&R standing next to me when i showed him he said his snake was GOOD ...

Very interesting. So how do we figure out who the vendor was so I can contact them?

#9 6 years ago

Mayfair had them at the show

#10 6 years ago

Try http://www.mayfairamusement.com/
they had one at Pintastic

#11 6 years ago

Thanks, guys! I'll reach out to them.

#12 6 years ago

any luck?

1 week later
2 weeks later
#15 6 years ago

got mine for 59$ best offer on the 15th

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Feal:

got mine for 59$ best offer on the 15th

To be honest, I'm quite upset with Mayfair. Based on the lead I got in this thread, I reached out to them via email to see if they still had any snakes left. They completely ignored my email, but oddly enough, they responded to my WTB ad on Pinside. They said they had an original snake for $39, and of course I immediately wrote back and said I'll take it. I just needed to know where to send the money. About a week and a half went by and I didn't hear back from them, so I followed up and asked them once again where to send the money. Just like before, I got no response, but then I noticed that a snake had "coincidentally" been put up on eBay by Mayfair shortly after I had PM'd them earlier that day. This really pissed me off, but I still needed the snake for my game, so I paid up the full BIN price of $69. As far as I knew, this was the last NOS snake out there, so I had no choice. Of course, later that day they proceeded to list another one, and now they even have a third one up for sale. If they had so many of them in stock, why did they feel the need to dick me around? Heck, even if they only had one, they still should have honored the original $39 deal that they offered me. Pretty lame if you ask me.

#17 6 years ago

the proto's used a rubber snake. Basically just one of those rubber toys cut in half. You could just buy a nice looking rubber snake toy slice down the middle and mount it. WOuld look better than the plastic one anyway.

#18 6 years ago

How does one of those break anyway? they don't see any play.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

How does one of those break anyway? They don't see any play.

That's a very good question. On the game I just bought, a chunk of the mouth section was cracked off.

#20 6 years ago

Gotcha. Just got one as well from a pinsider in Shreveport.
Loving it, fun game. Will get pinsound at some point.

Quoted from gweempose:That's a very good question. On the game I just bought, a chunk of the mouth section was cracked off.

20171115_125440 (resized).jpg20171115_125440 (resized).jpg

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

How does one of those break anyway? they don't see any play.

Carelessness in removing/ installing it?

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Carelessness in removing/ installing it?

Now that I think about it, the game was owned by Neo at one point. Perhaps he can shed some light on what happened to the snake's mouth?

#23 6 years ago

you sure it was mine? I see the one in the above picture should be in the colored GI's thread as well

Did you get it from Badbilly?

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Did you get it from Badbilly?

Yep. The one with the playfield you touched up and cleared.

#25 6 years ago

I got that game in a trade, and when I got it, the entire playfield was taken apart and in a box. Never played it. It came with a 4 for 5 pinball trade.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I got that game in a trade, and when I got it, the entire playfield was taken apart and in a box. Never played it. It came with a 4 for 5 pinball trade.

Ah yes. I remember now. So you've never actually seen the game put back together. It plays great!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-molded-plastic-snake?hl=dr_spidey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.