IMG_4919 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4918 (resized).jpeg
91879300-DF07-4AB2-99FE-DBE17679B1B9 (resized).jpeg
303B8D29-5FEC-490C-9F7F-2D54774FE1EE (resized).jpeg
5FC36600-E280-465C-81E9-64F65721BBBD (resized).jpeg
94E6FD19-EDCB-4048-8109-D3C26BCFC801 (resized).jpeg
74E40F5F-00AA-4DAF-9BEF-D822F460A8D9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2268 (resized).jpeg
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

Any ideas how to fix this flipper?

#2 3 years ago

I am attempting to gain some advice how to fix an upper playfield flipper on GnR LE game.

#3 3 years ago

Have you notified JJP?

#4 3 years ago

The wierd looking clip thing just secures the coin box top down so it doesn’t move around inside the cabinet when you place it in there so no worries there.

#5 3 years ago

that white piece is an extra wire holder. the hinge pin is what holds the coin box in place. the upper flipper just needs an adjustment. take a look under the playfield to see if you can find something binding.

Not sure what the issue is with your switch on the lock bar, couldn't quite tell from your video. Just it just need to be tightened?

#6 3 years ago

call your distributor, see what he says... oh wait

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

call your distributor, see what he says... oh wait

or just call JJP support and get an response instantly.

#8 3 years ago

Call JJP tech support and they will help. Games take alot of vibration during shipping that can cause some of the issues you have. I'm sure you are frustrated however these are all very simple fixes. Welcome to pinball. Lol

#9 3 years ago

Don't worry about the screw. It rolled out of who knows where. Could even be an extra from manufacturing. Later you ever see a hole in wood without one, stick it there.

Metal clip holds cash box down with lid on, along the back edge snaps into a bracket.

Stage light cover - please contact JJP to get a new one.

Bend arm of switch up a little, towards the end, not the end where it is hooked on. Or if your button on the lockdown bar has a screw, unscrew it a little to make better contact.

Flipper - sounds like it's sticking on something. See if it has a bit of up and down play ( not back and forth ) and check plunger/plastic link/pawl for binding. And be sure the coil stop in on tight.

LTG : )

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Don't worry about the screw. It rolled out of who knows where. Could even be an extra from manufacturing. Later you ever see a hole in wood without one, stick it there.
Metal clip holds cash box down with lid on, along the back edge snaps into a bracket.
Stage light cover - please contact JJP to get a new one.
Bend arm of switch up a little, towards the end, not the end where it is hooked on. Or if your button on the lockdown bar has a crew, unscrew it a little to make better contact.
Flipper - sounds like it's sticking on something. See if it has a bit of up and down play ( not back and forth ) and check plunger/plastic link/pawl for binding. And be sure the coil stop in on tight.

LTG, fast at work again. How could we survive without you?

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

LTG, fast at work again. How could we survive without you?

Hope we don't find out.

Quoted from LTG:

Hang onto that metal clip. Just in case it secures the upper playfield like the rocking playfield on POTC. I don't have a game to check.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hope we don't find out.

Hang onto that metal clip. Just in case it secures the upper playfield like the rocking playfield on POTC. I don't have a game to check.

Someone get this man a G&R

#13 3 years ago

I literally just dealt with my Wonka upper right flipper sticking up as well. Mine turned out to need a new coil and sleeve. JJP sent one to me and also made sure I tested the FETs etc...

IMG_2268 (resized).jpegIMG_2268 (resized).jpeg
#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

You mean like for tech support ?

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

Yes. Agreed. He needs one really soon....right after I get mine of course.....

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Yes. Agreed. He needs one really soon....right after I get mine of course.....

Please PM me your phone number and email address. So I can refer people to you for tech support.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please PM me your phone number and email address. So I can refer people to you for tech support.

hahahaha! Touche.....

#18 3 years ago

There is a kit for the flipper I believe. My BKSOR had the same issue with the upper playfield.

#19 3 years ago

Its a white extender that pushes the flipper up a hair so it clears the opening. Something like that might solve your problem. I don’t know anything about it my distributor installed it.

74E40F5F-00AA-4DAF-9BEF-D822F460A8D9 (resized).jpeg74E40F5F-00AA-4DAF-9BEF-D822F460A8D9 (resized).jpeg

#20 3 years ago

Some of the recent Williams style flipper mechs are prone to sticking when the up and down play is adjusted properly. Perhaps it is machining differences in the brackets that hold the coil, but I have had to replace the bushings with the slightly longer older Bally style to center the plunger in the sleeve to keep it from binding when the up and down play is adjusted properly.

#21 3 years ago

Lol..$9500 and already having to fix stuff....damn

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from mikedre:

I am attempting to gain some advice how to fix an upper playfield flipper on GnR LE game.

I experienced a similar issue on the upper Playfield flipper sticking in the upright position on my new LE. Just happened last night. I noticed it seems to be sticking on the guide rail. There’s an installed slit Or groove in the small upper flipper rubber. It seemed to be catching on the end of the rail. Also noticed the flipper does not quite rest in the outline of the upper Playfield flipper cutout hole quite perfectly. Seems to rest lower than the hole cutout(in terms of x/y not z or up/down). I put a little pressure on the guide rail to slightly move it from sticking on the flipper. Seems to work? So far mostly?

94E6FD19-EDCB-4048-8109-D3C26BCFC801 (resized).jpeg94E6FD19-EDCB-4048-8109-D3C26BCFC801 (resized).jpeg
#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Rasslinmoron:

Yeah imagine that, a pinball machine needing adjustments Unheard of!

#24 3 years ago

looks like your flipper rubber is about to pop

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Not sure what you mean? That slit/cut seems to be factory designed. It looks machine cut and smooth and part of that rubber design if I’m not mistaken. Do you mean it’s about to pop as in the rubber is about to break and fall off the flipper?

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

actually, you may be right. When I look more closely at the picture I think that’s slit in the Rubber May have been caused from contacting that guide rail and being cut by it perhaps.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah imagine that, a pinball machine needing adjustments Unheard of!

Especially early production games coming off the line at a brand new factory with newly hired staff. At least these are all very minor adjustments and tweaks that are needed. This kind of stuff comes with the territory when getting one of the first games off the line.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

That slit/cut seems to be factory designed.

No. It's from the flipper going up and banging the rubber ring into the metal lane guide right above it.

I'd cut the end of that metal down a bit so it doesn't cut the rubber ring.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

So, it’s definitely related to the flipper not sitting correctly and had been cutting in to that rail. Will need a new rubber and need a fix/adjustment on the flipper positioning/housing. Possible the rail will need adjusting as well. I’ve had my LE for 2 days and there’s a number of relatively minor fixes required(spinning record, upper play field flipper, shooter rod tip delivered broken - seems related to when lifting playfield out of cabinet - , lock bar sticking, and some hang ups on the playfield(Wires hanging down from the Gibson Headstock that stuck the ball in the center spinner lane, etc).

I absolutely love this game though! The issues piling up a little bit for just second day of playing which is a kind of frustrating. But I realize these things will happen with a new game first off the line. I’m confident I’ll have it fixed and dialed in soon. The game is so fun!

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. It's from the flipper going up and banging the rubber ring into the metal lane guide right above it.
I'd cut the end of that metal down a bit so it doesn't cut the rubber ring.

Yep, realized that right after I posted, haha! I feel like an idiot, lol. There’s definitely something going on with how the flipper is seating though. It’s definitely off. It may be that more than the lane guide being too long.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

It may be that more than the lane guide being too long.

I'd trim it off a bit and call it a day.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd trim it off a bit and call it a day.

What about slightly bending the lane guide up?

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What about slightly bending the lane guide up?

I just looked at the picture again.

Yes that would be better.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I just looked at the picture again.
Yes that would be better.

Noticed my flipper has the same groove in the rubber. I'll try bending it now. My GOT LE upper PF had the same issue.

#35 3 years ago

Mb

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

jjp they don't wanna be bothered

Call me. I like to be bothered.

#37 3 years ago

Remove

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Just to be clear I was quoting someone else about distributors and how their first answer is to call you guys. I have always found stern and jjp customer service to be helpful. Thank you.

I dont believe that is what i meant by that post

#39 3 years ago

Be sure the coil sleeve in there is long enough.

#40 3 years ago

Larry, thank you for the suggestions. Gently lifting the flipper up and down did not resolve it but a little better. The game also is showing these errors in the ramps. Any ideas?

303B8D29-5FEC-490C-9F7F-2D54774FE1EE (resized).jpeg303B8D29-5FEC-490C-9F7F-2D54774FE1EE (resized).jpeg5FC36600-E280-465C-81E9-64F65721BBBD (resized).jpeg5FC36600-E280-465C-81E9-64F65721BBBD (resized).jpeg91879300-DF07-4AB2-99FE-DBE17679B1B9 (resized).jpeg91879300-DF07-4AB2-99FE-DBE17679B1B9 (resized).jpeg
#41 3 years ago

Tests - Switches - Matrixed - hit the switches, see if they work and error goes away. Or might need simple adjusting if the ball doesn't trigger them good.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Switches - Matrixed - hit the switches, see if they work and error goes away. Or might need simple adjusting if the ball doesn't trigger them good.

Also check the wires that lead to the switches. On my game the shipping foam pushed the switch wires down and caused a short against the switch mounting. You may need to simply tug a tiny bit on the wires to clear the short.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from Rasslinmoron:

Yeah like my Elvira that my diverter fell off gargoyle wasn’t nutted and I lose a nut every other week....not 9500$ but close thank God for red and blue locktight

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from mikedre:

Any ideas how to fix this flipper?

Look at the action button. Is there a screw in the end of it? If not, this may be why it is not engaging.

#45 3 years ago

I hit the two switches and they did nothing. They don’t seem to click like other similar ones. I did notice an ethernet like cord connector looks bent but that may be an unrelated thing.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from mikedre:

I did notice an ethernet like cord connector looks bent but that may be an unrelated thing.

Unrelated. Might be for lighting - I don't have a game to check.

Quoted from mikedre:

I hit the two switches and they did nothing. They don’t seem to click like other similar ones.

Turn the game off. Check with a meter. Be sure they aren't adjusted so they are stuck closed and can't click.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check with a meter. Be sure they aren't adjusted so they are stuck closed and can't click.

I believe those two switches have switch covers with zip ties holding them on. They could be on too tight not allowing the switch to actuate.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I believe those two switches have switch covers with zip ties holding them on. They could be on too tight not allowing the switch to actuate.

Could be. Being I don't have a game to check, I don't know for sure.

1 year later
#49 2 years ago
Quoted from mikedre:

Larry, thank you for the suggestions. Gently lifting the flipper up and down did not resolve it but a little better. The game also is showing these errors in the ramps. Any ideas?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think I had this error - I found it to be the ramp entrance thing that swings on the the microswitch on the left. The swingy wire came loose on one end so I put it back, but accidentally didn't put it back correctly with it's microswitch that triggers when the ball goes through it, and so the "stuck open" error was from the microswitch being constantly triggered. Fixed now.

My question: I gave my machine a clean the other day and now my right flipper is stuck halfway up. You can push it down easily enough, but as soon as you flip again it goes back to stuck. How do I fix this?

Cheers!

1 year later
#50 8 months ago

I'm getting the same error as the poster but It looks like my flipper seems to be settled in the spot a bit better. Is my best bet to just call JJP?

IMG_4918 (resized).jpegIMG_4918 (resized).jpegIMG_4919 (resized).jpegIMG_4919 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,400 (OBO)
$ 11,000.00
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-le-upper-playfield-flipper-stuck?hl=djnoel30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.