cb2816e86a69a487041a7d37d0b77b78ca4de9db (resized).jpg
7B487D90-CA0E-41BF-992A-E2B616E9253C (resized).jpeg
1373-guns-n-roses-pinball-two (resized).jpg
cassetteusawarningsticker (resized).jpg
gnr (resized).jpg
mnewsplus_1477474098_69902 (resized).jpg
081E6E79-77F4-4016-941D-CFC1C71CBB9E (resized).jpeg
EDBF01FF-33BB-4518-AEDF-4AF156659858 (resized).png

There are 224 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

I hate to sound like one of the negative internet jerks, but this one doesn't make sense to me. The original was a masterpiece and would be hard to beat. Especially in the cost cutting, jacking price up era. Seems like there would be so many other great bands to make a theme after, Zeppelin, Queen, Pink Floyd, rush, etc... The jersey jack guys seem to know what there doing so I guess I'll reserve judgment. But, I don't like this choice if true, and I like GnR.

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

All great bands but none have Slash who is a big time pinhead.

Wild Speculation:

Slash liked WOZ and owned one. He requested a DI be present back stage at 1 or more concerts (Joe at PinballStar brought 1 to at least 1 of his concerts). Maybe … just maybe … he approached JJP to make a GNR pin. Or mutual chit chat between them brought it up and Slash made it an easy license to get. Sometime that story will come out.

#152 4 years ago

C’mon you’re talking crazy
Slash owns a DI also

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Wild Speculation:
Slash liked WOZ and owned one. He requested a DI be present back stage at 1 or more concerts (Joe at PinballStar brought 1 to at least 1 of his concerts. Maybe … just maybe … he approached JJP to make a GNR pin. Or mutual chit chat between them brought it up and Slash made it an easy license to get. Sometime that story will come out.

I think things could have gone down in a similar way. Why not. It’s plausible. And what....Jack’s going to say no to Slash. Haha no way.....

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I think things could have gone down in a similar way. Why not. It’s plausible. And what....Jack’s going to say no to Slash. Haha no way.....

Especially if the license cost was real reasonable.

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

I have a Data East GNR, and I LOVE the band, but... I have a bad feeling about this JJP machine

No worries, JJP has got this!

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Wild Speculation:
Slash liked WOZ and owned one. He requested a DI be present back stage at 1 or more concerts (Joe at PinballStar brought 1 to at least 1 of his concerts). Maybe … just maybe … he approached JJP to make a GNR pin. Or mutual chit chat between them brought it up and Slash made it an easy license to get. Sometime that story will come out.

This is what I thought as well. It’s what makes me think GNR could be something really special. If done right I’ll be in day one.

#157 4 years ago

My Michelle and Double Talking Jive...And it's a Yes for me! Also would love to see handdrawn artwork over photo shots! Appetite for Destruction album cover for translight works for me!

#158 4 years ago

Metal guide rails ftw! This is going to be a very interesting pin. Wonder who will be the designer? Pat?

#159 4 years ago

I think this theme will appeal to a broader audience than any other JJP made to date.

#160 4 years ago

So is this officially JJPs next Pin or Toy Story?

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Or mutual chit chat between them

Don't forget the picture of Jack and Slash together with the WOZ.

Might be a lot going on we'll never know. Maybe Jack will go on tour with them. Do his own version of "Welcome to the Assembly Line Jungle".

LTG : )

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So is this officially JJPs next Pin

Hard to say. Article didn't even say which manufacturer. Rest is rumors.

LTG : )

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

I hate to sound like one of the negative internet jerks, but this one doesn't make sense to me. The original was a masterpiece and would be hard to beat.

Masterpiece? Your bar for that word is pretty low if you think Data East GnR is a masterpiece. It's good (especially for a Data East), but the playfield art is total crap and the sound is TERRIBLE. For a MUSIC pin. Let that sink in. It will not be that hard for Eric to surpass it, especially after seeing what he did with jjPotC.

Will it cost a bundle? Yep. Will it be worth it? I think so, but we'll all have to wait and see. Wonka disappointed me, and I was hyped for that. It wasn't munsters-level disappointment (as in, "where's the game here?"), but it was disappointing, still.

#164 4 years ago

Slash seems to really enjoy pinball.

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from Naf:

My Michelle and Double Talking Jive...And it's a Yes for me! Also would love to see handdrawn artwork over photo shots! Appetite for Destruction album cover for translight works for me!

Don't forget My World..

#166 4 years ago

Kaneda informed us of a December announcement, followed by Pinball and Cool Stuff Podcast

anchor.fm/bosshog

exciting!!!!

#167 4 years ago

The Data East pin had a great song list.

1dfed5a98531949d3d075dc7dcede817742da23e (resized).jpg1dfed5a98531949d3d075dc7dcede817742da23e (resized).jpg
#169 4 years ago

Yeah we posted this a couple days ago. It’s kind of an interviewer commenting on behalf of Slash but doesn’t appear to be Slash quoted. But we know it’s coming sooner or later

#170 4 years ago

I have posted the where is izzy? comments in this thread.As a fan of the band and pinball i am hopefull they can get past the differences which has kept these guys apart for over 20 years.izzy is still making great music and is in my opinion an oustanding guitarist.The data east game which i own is a good pinball in its own rite but with the possiblity of the original 5 members involved in the new album and the jjp game i think the album and pinball would be awesome.Just my opinion.

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from alpha70:

I have posted the where is izzy? comments in this thread.As a fan of the band and pinball i am hopefull they can get past the differences which has kept these guys apart for over 20 years.izzy is still making great music and is in my opinion an oustanding guitarist.The data east game which i own is a good pinball in its own rite but with the possiblity of the original 5 members involved in the new album and the jjp game i think the album and pinball would be awesome.Just my opinion.

Opinion respected.

It is so hard for bands to pull it off with new music albums.

But it would be great if it lines up for GNR.

On that note I hope the pin is the old music.

#172 4 years ago

I think the 2 biggest things are how is it going to play and how are they reppin the band. If they use the current fat lineup or cartoon it out then it’s gonna be tough to get past Axl lookin like Benny Hill.

#173 4 years ago

We went to their concert last year and they played 3 hours straight and sounded amazing. Showed up on time to boot

I've owned 2 DE GnRs over the years and loved them. With updated technology and JJP's touch I'm sure it will be a hit. I don't care what anyone says about the band or Axl, that Appetite for Destruction is the perfect album/cd/mp3. Its gritty and will kick you in the face.

#174 4 years ago

Use Your Illusion had a few great songs as well.

#175 4 years ago

Data East GNR might be their best pin, which isn't saying much....be nice to see a great JJP GNR version, which I am sure will put the DE GNR to shame.

#176 4 years ago

They just released two scale GnR tour trucks on the merchandise site https://gnrmerch.com/

#177 4 years ago

So many good comments about how cool could be this new pin, but the 'No' is winning in the poll.

It's just that people who voted 'No' don't write here their arguments?

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

1. Because there is no benefit of talking aboot how you don't like a band with a bunch of people that love that band; it a no win situation.
2. Most people are theme whores and if they don;t like it they won't buy it.

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

So many good comments about how cool could be this new pin, but the 'No' is winning in the poll.

Yes+Maybe is actually winning.

#180 4 years ago

The song list was released by Slash on Tuesday!

-My Michelle
-The Garden
-You’re Crazy
-Shotgun Blues
-Back off bitch
-Used to love her
-Bad Obsession
-So Fine
-One in a Million
-My World

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

-My Michelle
-The Garden
-You’re Crazy
-Shotgun Blues
-Back off bitch
-Used to love her
-Bad Obsession
-So Fine
-One in a Million
-My World

Link?

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

-My Michelle
-The Garden
-You’re Crazy
-Shotgun Blues
-Back off bitch
-Used to love her
-Bad Obsession
-So Fine
-One in a Million
-My World

71c9zrpIiJL._UX466_ (resized).jpg71c9zrpIiJL._UX466_ (resized).jpg

#183 4 years ago

I reached out personally. We go way back.

67C3D941-EA09-46FB-A84C-83421E18867B (resized).png67C3D941-EA09-46FB-A84C-83421E18867B (resized).png
#184 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I reached out personally. We go way back.[quoted image]

Thanks, but why "changes your mind about the pin"? Were you dogging on it?

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks, but why "changes your mind about the pin"? Were you dogging on it?

Yeah quite a bit, you’ll have to read through the thread to understand the point behind my post of the track list.

Long story short. I like JJP, hate GNR, bummed about the decision, I voice it, people argue against me, it’s a fun cycle

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

-My Michelle
-The Garden
-You’re Crazy
-Shotgun Blues
-Back off bitch
-Used to love her
-Bad Obsession
-So Fine
-One in a Million
-My World

God I hope not....they left off some of their best songs

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

God I hope not....they left off some of their best songs

I know!!! I’m totally blown away “Scraped” isn’t on there.

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I hope those aren't the songs.

#189 4 years ago

Back off bitch won't make it to the pin as it is one of GnRs worst song.....neither is My World as Slash hates it, because it's an Axl song put on UYI without Slash or any of the other bandmembers knowing about it...

One In a million? In you're dreams......

#190 4 years ago

It seemed like those songs weren’t getting the best reaction... so I kindly told Slash about it. Here’s the back up track listing...
-Dead horse
-Riad N the Bedouins
-Bad apples
-Sorry
-Better
-Anything Goes
-Human Being
-My World
-Perfect Crime
-Reckless life

3BF01F82-AB83-48BA-80A5-41FC5F9403D6 (resized).png3BF01F82-AB83-48BA-80A5-41FC5F9403D6 (resized).png

#191 4 years ago

Honestly I think they should put some more of their popular songs on the pin. Such as
-Move to the city
-You’re crazy
-Look at your game girl
-if the world
-Buick mackane
-Black leather
-Down on the farm
-Oh my God
-Shacklers Revenge
-Since I don’t have you

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

-My Michelle
-The Garden
-You’re Crazy
-Shotgun Blues
-Back off bitch
-Used to love her
-Bad Obsession
-So Fine
-One in a Million
-My World

excuse my ignorance but in 2019 is there not a way upload your own sound files into these newer STERN and JJP games like you can with the pinsound boards?

#194 4 years ago
Quoted from HighwayStarr:

excuse my ignorance but in 2019 is there not a way upload your own sound files into these newer STERN and JJP games like you can with the pinsound boards?

Why would you do that? What’s wrong with the 30 songs in discussion?

Should I list 30 more?

#195 4 years ago

You can on Stern with PinballBrownser but you can't with JJP.

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Why would you do that? What’s wrong with the 30 songs in discussion?
Should I list 30 more?

absolutely nothing but it becomes less of a selling point IMO if you have that flexibility. Actually I don't know how much of selling point the songs are anyway - if its a great game people will buy it regardless anyway

#197 4 years ago

There are some underground sound mod downloads for certain games.

For example guardians of the galaxy and Ghostbusters both had wonderful sound modification downloads that you could put on a separate SD card and upload to your Stern machine .

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I don't think you know Slash. I think you're trolling the thread to get a reaction.

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I don't think you know Slash. I think you're trolling the thread to get a reaction.

Thats right, "don't feed the trolls"...

#200 4 years ago

July 21, 1987: Guns N Roses released their debut album, Appetite for Destruction.

EAAbKvOX4AE_B4g.jpgEAAbKvOX4AE_B4g.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods
Toppers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 224 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-jjp/page/4?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.