• Yes 96 votes
    34%
  • No 132 votes
    46%
  • Maybe 56 votes
    20%

(284 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1dfed5a98531949d3d075dc7dcede817742da23e (resized).jpg
cb2816e86a69a487041a7d37d0b77b78ca4de9db (resized).jpg
7B487D90-CA0E-41BF-992A-E2B616E9253C (resized).jpeg
1373-guns-n-roses-pinball-two (resized).jpg
cassetteusawarningsticker (resized).jpg
gnr (resized).jpg
mnewsplus_1477474098_69902 (resized).jpg
081E6E79-77F4-4016-941D-CFC1C71CBB9E (resized).jpeg
EDBF01FF-33BB-4518-AEDF-4AF156659858 (resized).png
2423243f11e06dec7acb81f8e4c9eca0 (resized).jpg
1BB904DE-C672-44DB-A578-BB7D1FAF6CAF (resized).png

There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 8 days ago

Its going to be interesting to see what they do with the huge lcd and GNR theme. The DMD was great on ACDC and MET. Whats the best way to use a huge LCD for a music pin? Repetitive concert footage might not be the most interesting and get old quick. What would you guys like to see? A more cartoon like approach or video footage?

#102 8 days ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Its going to be interesting to see what they do with the huge lcd and GNR theme. The DMD was great on ACDC and MET. Whats the best way to use a huge LCD for a music pin? Repetitive concert footage might not be the most interesting and get old quick. What would you guys like to see? A more cartoon like approach or video footage?

Good question.. I was still thinking about playfield layout.

#103 8 days ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Who knows what the gameplay concept is gonna be, but I’d be fine with music videos playing along w the tunes, but JJP has been taking kind of a slot machine approach to the screen on its last few games. Personally Hobbit is my favorite approach so far. The middle area is essentially a DMD with clips that go with the main modes...and surrounding that are mini-windows with info about other aspects of the game (Dwarves collected, map to Erebor, Beasts hit, and Smaug locks).

#104 7 days ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

yet another bad business decision.

Disagree.
Plenty of people here really want this, and international sales should be excellent with a GNR theme.

#105 7 days ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Disagree.
Plenty of people here really want this, and international sales should be excellent with a GNR theme.

If there is any value to a pinside poll....
After a couple days we are at roughly 50/50, but on the maybe side you have 30%.
So 100 people wouldnt buy a GNR, 100 might given game play, music lic, etc...
My point, 100 people on pinside might buy this pin.
Those aren't the best numbers I would want to see if I was Jack.
Globally, sure this might do very well. Most of the music scene I know dont buy pinballs. They may go to a concert or two each year.
I really dont think the math is here to make a GNR.

#106 7 days ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Whats the best way to use a huge LCD for a music pin? Repetitive concert footage might not be the most interesting and get old quick. What would you guys like to see? A more cartoon like approach or video footage?

Aerosmith did a good job with animation. I’d like to see something like that, with maybe a couple things go live action here and there.

#107 7 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

GNR or Toy story for sure.

Where is the info on this?

#108 7 days ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Disagree.

Totally right, this theme is gold for JJP. I haven’t been this interested in an unannounced but heavily rumored theme since Game of Thrones.

GnR will sell. Who is the designer and who is the coder?

#109 7 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Where is the info on this?

Page 3.

7B487D90-CA0E-41BF-992A-E2B616E9253C (resized).jpeg
#110 7 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Aerosmith did a good job with animation.

God no

#111 7 days ago

There must be G , N , R ramps. Although not sure how N ramp would be placed. And would a plastic or metal one be better?

#112 7 days ago
Quoted from chad:

There must be G , N , R ramps. Although not sure how N ramp would be placed. And would a plastic or metal one be better?

Plastic all the way!

#113 6 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Aerosmith did a good job with animation. I’d like to see something like that, with maybe a couple things go live action here and there.

iron maiden has done the best as for animations for a band game so far, by far.

#114 4 days ago

Slash Confirms A New Guns N’ Roses Pinball Machine Is Coming Out!

#115 4 days ago

Link to the little blurb where he confirms it:
https://gnrcentral.com/2019/07/11/slash-confirms-a-new-guns-n-roses-pinball-machine-is-coming-out/

The two important parts:
"His tone gets excited when talking about a forthcoming GNR pinball machine (“nothing has ever come out like it”)"
and
"All we know so far is that it is scheduled to possibly come out in December and it is still in the early stages."

#116 4 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I would take Metallica's dots over any LCD band pin to date. Stern is still clearly sorting out how to best utilize the LCD screen.

#117 4 days ago

I just hope it would have more staying power than the original GNR pin. I bought it (loved their music) but felt it got really old really fast. Hoping JJP makes this one way deeper and better. (betting they do)

#118 4 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Link to the little blurb where he confirms it:
https://gnrcentral.com/2019/07/11/slash-confirms-a-new-guns-n-roses-pinball-machine-is-coming-out/
The two important parts:
"His tone gets excited when talking about a forthcoming GNR pinball machine (“nothing has ever come out like it”)"
and
"All we know so far is that it is scheduled to possibly come out in December and it is still in the early stages."

Thx for the link

#119 4 days ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I just hope it would have more staying power than the original GNR pin. I bought it (loved their music) but felt it got really old really fast. Hoping JJP makes this one way deeper and better. (betting they do)

Well, unless they go full photoshop, there's no way the art can be worse than the Data East GnR. I hate that playfield art.

And with jjPotC Eric on the design for this one, I really hope he goes 2 for 2 because jjPotC is amazing.

#120 4 days ago

When all the artwork chips off, Beatles fans can cover the playfield with Beatles stickers since they never got a proper game.

#121 4 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

my vote would go to Metallica....

#122 4 days ago

Besides a member of Aerosmith, what famous rock star will jump start a pinball revolution?

cb2816e86a69a487041a7d37d0b77b78ca4de9db (resized).jpg
#123 4 days ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Besides a member of Aerosmith, what famous rock star will jump start a pinball revolution?[quoted image]

George Michael during his Wham days according to ccbiggsoo7

#124 4 days ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Agreed. Aren’t there enough social justice warriors out there ruining it for the masses. Thanks Colin K.

LOL. I look forward to you burning some Nike shoes when GNR art only has girls in thongs instead of totally nude. I heard the GB code was Kaep's fault too.

#125 4 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Aerosmith did a good job with animation.

Yikes. The animations looked like a middle school art student tried to do an Aerosmith version of Yellow Submarine. Shit was BAD.

Unfortunately no one has shown yet they can do decent full screen art at any of the pinball companies. Iron Maiden and Black Knight are the closest to passable and even those are pretty rough in spots. (At the other end of the spectrum, Houdini and Oktoberfest are so bad I can't believe people actually wanted to be listed in the credits as artists.)

#126 4 days ago

The best news for you guys would be if JJP Slashed the price of the new GNR pin.

#127 4 days ago

I hope they don’t synchronize the audio with the video clips. That would get repetitive. Randomly playing bits of their songs with unrelated graphics seems like the way to go!

#128 4 days ago

Slash likes pristine playfields. Just sayin......

#129 4 days ago
Quoted from tpir:

Yikes. The animations looked like a middle school art student tried to do an Aerosmith version of Yellow Submarine. Shit was BAD.

It's a lot of puppet tool 101 in there

#130 4 days ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Besides a member of Aerosmith, what famous rock star will jump start a pinball revolution?[quoted image]

Probably none. Neither Metallica nor AC/DC nor Aerosmith nor Elvis nor The Beatles nor Iron Maiden nor KISS started any kind of pinball revolution.

Also this is at least the third time you have made the exact same post. Mix it up a little.

#131 4 days ago

Awesome.
I'm 90+% sure I will wind up buying one of these, but need to play it first.
I won't commit to anything without playing it first.
I'm pretty sure this will be awesome though.
I have yet to play a JJP I don't like and I love my DE GNR.

BTW, I'm in the wide body camp.

#132 2 days ago

Hopefully it is not a wide body.

#133 2 days ago

Were's izzy and adler.

#134 2 days ago

I hope it is a widebody. Maybe they could start making a widebody and standard version of each machine so everyone could be happy.

#135 2 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hopefully it is not a wide body.

I trust Eric. POTC is a widebody but the gameplay doesn't 'feel' like it.
But imho, ACNC and Houdini should have been wider.

#137 2 days ago

I’m going to bet the song ‘One in a Million’ won’t be included.

#138 2 days ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m going to bet the song ‘One in a Million’ won’t be included.

I'd say the odds of it being included are...one in a million.

#139 2 days ago

I have a Data East GNR, and I LOVE the band, but... I have a bad feeling about this JJP machine

#140 2 days ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

I have a Data East GNR, and I LOVE the band, but... I have a bad feeling about this JJP machine

and that would be because ... ?

#141 2 days ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

You mean blowing the Data East version away?

#142 2 days ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

and that would be because ... ?

Quoted from Skyemont:

You mean blowing the Data East version away?

I'm worried about a couple of things:

- About how they are going to manage the representation of the band members and the general aesthetics of the pin:

The actual Axl Rose or the skinny young Axl? What about Melissa Reese, Frank Ferrer, etc... they are great musicians but for me is not the essence of GnR. Will they be represented in the game? How? The band members will be showed as cartoons to disguise the passage of years? Or realistic images of these days? (not very exciting for me..)

- What about the music? Old classics with some songs from the Chinese Democracy? Not very impressive.

It's rumored that they are writing a new album, the first one after the reunion of Axl with Slash and Duff. Why they dont wait until the album is done, and release the pin including new songs when the next album comes out? That would have more sense to me, as a promotion movement to help the sales of the pin, and the new album.

I think they will have to work very hard to make a solid and attractive pin, without breaking the legacy of the band. Just my thoughts...

#143 2 days ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

It's rumored that they are writing a new album, the first one after the reunion of Axl with Slash and Duff. Why they dont wait until the album is done, and release the pin including new songs when the next album comes out? That would have more sense to me, as a promotion movement to help the sales of the pin, and the new album.

Could happen. We don't know exact album release date yet. Or when game will be unveiled and released.

Me. I'm hoping for "Welcome To The Jungle" when you press the start button.

LTG : )

#144 2 days ago

You can't wait or plan around a new album because that could take forever.

No one knows when we'll see new music, but I'm guessing it won't be anytime soon.

They could always add a few tracks off the new album when/if it does. They could even re release the pin then to reflect the artwork of the new album.

#145 2 days ago

Having Slash at the reveal at Expo (or whichever show they reveal it at) unveiling the pin with Eric would be great. If Slash is THAT into this pin, why not?

#146 2 days ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Having Slash at the reveal at Expo (or whichever show they reveal it at) unveiling the pin with Eric would be great. If Slash is THAT into this pin, why not?

That would be cool as hell,Slash takes the cover off and drops the mike!So I have written,so it shall be.

#147 2 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That would be cool as hell,Slash takes the cover off and drops the mike!So I have written,so it shall be.

Slash ripping that trash bag right off the pin.

#148 2 days ago

I hate to sound like one of the negative internet jerks, but this one doesn't make sense to me. The original was a masterpiece and would be hard to beat. Especially in the cost cutting, jacking price up era. Seems like there would be so many other great bands to make a theme after, Zeppelin, Queen, Pink Floyd, rush, etc... The jersey jack guys seem to know what there doing so I guess I'll reserve judgment. But, I don't like this choice if true, and I like GnR.

#149 2 days ago
Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

Seems like there would be so many other great bands to make a theme after, Zeppelin, Queen, Pink Floyd, rush, etc...

Give me any of those 4 as well.

#150 2 days ago

All great bands but none have Slash who is a big time pinhead.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Cherryville, NC
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 50.00
There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside