cb2816e86a69a487041a7d37d0b77b78ca4de9db (resized).jpg
7B487D90-CA0E-41BF-992A-E2B616E9253C (resized).jpeg
1373-guns-n-roses-pinball-two (resized).jpg
cassetteusawarningsticker (resized).jpg
gnr (resized).jpg
mnewsplus_1477474098_69902 (resized).jpg
081E6E79-77F4-4016-941D-CFC1C71CBB9E (resized).jpeg
EDBF01FF-33BB-4518-AEDF-4AF156659858 (resized).png

There are 224 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 4 years ago

Prefer Led Zeppelin, but lets see how this turns out.
In all of Jack's games we take a journey, go on an adventure.
... With GnR, I dont know where Im going? A concert?

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I think JJP will do a great job on a music pin.

finally a music pin with great sound out of the box!

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Might as well be a Nickelback pin...
GNR is a shit band. There someone said it.
Also this is the second pin they’ve done with a rip off theme. If they’re gonna do a music pin there’s literally 10,000 other bands they could’ve picked that haven’t been done already.

don't worry, your "wham" pin is coming!

#54 4 years ago

I hope not. I would rather see a "get smart" pin.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Does anyone know Eric's level of interest in GNR? Hopefully a big fan that always helps.

I could be wrong, but here is my take on Eric........This dude is confident, super smart and extremely serious about what he dedicates his time to regarding his profession. He could be doing anything, but he chose Pinball because he loves it........and I for one am grateful that we have such talent in this hobby. Frankly after playing pirates a number of times, you realize that if pinball can survive, this kid is going to be one of the great ones. Unlike Pat, I believe Eric is my kind of designer and JJP just needs to get him the kick a$$ themes to help him shine!

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I could be wrong, but here is my take on Eric........This dude is confident, super smart and extremely serious about what he dedicates his time to regarding his profession. He could be doing anything, but he chose Pinball because he loves it........and I for one am grateful that we have such talent in this hobby. Frankly after playing pirates a number of times, you realize that if pinball can survive, this kid is going to be one of the great ones. Unlike Pat, I believe Eric is my kind of designer and JJP just needs to get him the kick a$$ themes to help him shine!

Completely agree. Eric could be the next Lawlor and beyond. His JJPOTC is a masterpiece of a layout.

My concern is that JJP will “wonka” all future pins and we end up with “stern-like” pins that have maybe a toy or mech and then a fan layout and scoop and not much else.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Ohhhhhh he got me! He got me!!!!

You can’t argue the fact that a different band would be better for them, or that it’s another theme already out there.

I cant wait til 2021 when JJP releases their version of Monopoly for $25k, then 2022 Mario Andretti for $45k

#58 4 years ago

Game could be great but keep it true to Rock n Roll , forget the family theme BS

JJP if your taking notes do it justice

#59 4 years ago

Take it for what it’s worth...

081E6E79-77F4-4016-941D-CFC1C71CBB9E (resized).jpeg081E6E79-77F4-4016-941D-CFC1C71CBB9E (resized).jpegEDBF01FF-33BB-4518-AEDF-4AF156659858 (resized).pngEDBF01FF-33BB-4518-AEDF-4AF156659858 (resized).png
#60 4 years ago

I’ll buy it if every time you brick a shot or drain, the audio is just 15 minutes of actual recordings of Axl going on rants and temper tantrums during live performances. There’s gotta be at least 6hrs of solid audio that can be used for that. Then this would keep true to modern relevant GNR.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I’ll buy it if every time you brick a shot or drain, the audio is just 15 minutes of actual recordings of Axl going on rants and temper tantrums during live performances

Or hitting the start button and waiting hours for the game to start ... typical Axl.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Or hitting the start button and waiting hours for the game to start ... typical Axl.

You open the coin door and the ball is passed out in a pile of its own vomit

#63 4 years ago

I already have a Badass GNR pin. I don't need another.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I already have a Badass GNR pin. I don't need another.

That's exactly how I feel as well.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I’ll buy it if every time you brick a shot or drain, the audio is just 15 minutes of actual recordings of Axl going on rants and temper tantrums during live performances. There’s gotta be at least 6hrs of solid audio that can be used for that. Then this would keep true to modern relevant GNR.

I don’t think you have seen modern GnR. They start on time, and play nonstop for 3 1/2 hours.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I don’t think you have seen modern GnR. They start on time, and play nonstop for 3 1/2 hours.

mnewsplus_1477474098_69902 (resized).jpgmnewsplus_1477474098_69902 (resized).jpg
#67 4 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

So they play welcome to the jungle and November rain over and over and over?????

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I don’t think you have seen modern GnR. They start on time, and play nonstop for 3 1/2 hours

Oh I have ... seen them over 50 times all over the world. Their current show is the best they have been in years.

This pin will sit next to my other GnR; I’ll have 2!

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Language is easily enough dealt with by code, I'm thinking artwork too. I want a kick ass rock and roll pin not a watered down pin designed not to offend.

Agreed. Aren’t there enough social justice warriors out there ruining it for the masses. Thanks Colin K.

#70 4 years ago

Ok I’m gonna stop picking on GNR. I’m just bummed that JJP picked them for points I already made. I like JJP, and don’t get this thing about existing themes.
They did it once on POTC. Ok that’s an exception. One time. Now doing it twice. Ok 2 times is a trend. If they do it again then that’s their culture and if this is what they want to do, then I’m just gonna watch it happen like everyone else but to choose GNR.....

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

JJP wasn't going to make Toy Story 4's theatrical release with the jjPotC delay pushing Wonka, so the next best thing is to time the GnR pin release with their next world tour in the fall. Their last tour did $500 million, so it's not a small event. Toy Story in 1Q 2020.

Good info...makes perfect sense.
We still get good info on Pinside - in between all the

I like looking at the “NO” votes and thinking, “These are the same MOFOS that said “never” to Metallica, Kiss and Iron Maiden. Go JJP! This theme will put you on the map for the kick a$$ pinhead population! In Eric we trust!

Agreed.
Opens JJP to a whole new demographic, but this demographic is tougher and less forgiving if GNR has the same fleas POTC did.
JJP needs to get it right.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Ohhhhhh he got me! He got me!!!!
You can’t argue the fact that a different band would be better for them, or that it’s another theme already out there.
I cant wait til 2021 when JJP releases their version of Monopoly for $25k, then 2022 Mario Andretti for $45k

like to see your list of potential bands, enlighten us stern boy!

#74 4 years ago

GNR has one of the most eclectic range of songs for pinball.

So many options to work with.

#75 4 years ago

Eric is solid for sure.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

With portolet multiball!

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

like to see your list of potential bands, enlighten us stern boy!

Does the list have to include front men that act tough but sing like their balls are in a vice with that whiny fake falsetto tone?

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Does the list have to include front men that act tough but sing like their balls are in a vice with that whiny fake falsetto tone?

no but that have to be a band that's had millions of albums sold and sell out concert venues all over the world. who ya got in mind? ……......

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

no but that have to be a band that's had millions of albums sold and sell out concert venues all over the world. who ya got in mind? ……......

The 3 most obvious ever.
Zeppelin
Queen
Bowie

If you argue that Axl and The Snake Douches are better suited than any of those 3, the apocalypse is nigh.

Axl literally sounds like if you were to pick a cat up by its tail and swing it around in circles over your head.

I even stayed in the “balls in vice” category for you

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

The 3 most obvious ever.
Zeppelin
Queen
Bowie
If you argue that Axl and The Snake Douches are better suited than any of those 3, the apocalypse is nigh.
Axl literally sounds like if you were to pick a cat up by its tail and swing it around in circles over your head.

I think you're missing the overall point of this game. It isn't targeted towards creating a pin based on the greatest music it's based upon selling the most units. I always cringe when I hear stats about how many albums were sold etc. I don't think that's a measure of how great a band is, on the contrary, I believe it's a measure of how generic they are overall and have a more broad appeal.

You have to realize who JJP is targeting for sales. It's your basic 50ish year old white suburban male. Not some music snob. That's what's going to sell pins. These are dudes that listen to pandora and stick to top 40 and don't care about the deep tracks.

They love GNR because they remember them from their glory days when the beer was flowing and the women were aplenty and want to relive a few moments of that from time to time.

I think if JJP doesn't mess it up with their typical reliability issues and awful clip art playfields they'll have a hit on their hands.

Basically this pin is no different than a Nickelback pin directed towards 90's kids.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I think you're missing the overall point of this game. It isn't targeted towards creating a pin based on the greatest music it's based upon selling the most units. I always cringe when I hear stats about how many albums were sold etc. I don't think that's a measure of how great a band is, on the contrary, I believe it's a measure of how generic they are overall and have a more broad appeal.
You have to realize who JJP is targeting for sales. It's your basic 50ish year old white suburban male. Not some music snob. That's what's going to sell pins. These are dudes that listen to pandora and stick to top 40 and don't care about the deep tracks.
They love GNR because they remember them from their glory days when the beer was flowing and the women were aplenty and want to relive a few moments of that from time to time.
I think if JJP doesn't mess it up with their typical reliability issues and awful clip art playfields they'll have a hit on their hands.
Basically this pin is no different than a Nickelback pin directed towards 90's kids.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

How dare you! The 90s were about grunge. Hand in your man card right now!

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

How dare you! The 90s were about grunge. Hand in your man card right now!

Well I was going to say Nirvana but didn't want to compare them to guns and roses. It might be misconstrued as I think they're even in the same league.

#84 4 years ago

I like the fact JJP is making an adult theme, hopefully not their last. I also like GnR, with 5 of their songs in my main Spotify list (if 3 or more I consider a band good ).

Personally, however, I'd prefer a prog rock pin, ideally Pink Floyd, which could be a wonderful mashup work of art, not just the music. The only downside I can see is that a single ball would have to last at least 20 minutes

#85 4 years ago

A prog rock pin... hmm with 6-hour ball times

#86 4 years ago

Ok it's HUO probably

But... has it ever been done before? Something original and interesting I'd say. And code could provide an operator version with shorter ball times...

I can't be alone in desiring such a thing.

#87 4 years ago

A lot of the points are not valid to the market they are after. Pinheads will make up some of these sales. Another pin for operators along with sales from fans of the band with disposal income. Either way I can see this as a viable license sales wise. Good luck!

#88 4 years ago

I bet JJP knocks this fakking pin out of the park. I loved what Eric did with Pirates.

Im sure JJP is going to have the attitude of "This is how you make a music pin.."

and.....

"You wanted an adult theme.....here's your adult theme...."

I love GnR, I have a kidney on sale now to fun this mug......

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Plenty of huge acts - but only a select few have fans who love the band so much that they will buy a multi-thousand dollar pinball machine of them.

That’s why I’m shocked no one has done Rush yet. Rush’s fans are 45-55 year old
white male nerds....perfect pinball demographic.

Tons of musicians & celebs like Jack Black & Paul Rudd would buy it, and promote the hell out of it on social media. Free advertising all day long on a Rush pin!

#90 4 years ago

Nah. I have to pass as this was already done. Not that I owned the DE version
Before but played it. That was enough for me given no nostalgia factor with me
with this band. I’m curious though what JJP comes up with. Sure they will make
some people happy as that what’s its all about.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Completely agree. Eric could be the next Lawlor and beyond. His JJPOTC is a masterpiece of a layout.
My concern is that JJP will “wonka” all future pins and we end up with “stern-like” pins that have maybe a toy or mech and then a fan layout and scoop and not much else.

I’m with you on that. Going forward this may unfortunately be the tone on what’s ahead.
If a Toy Story is born this would have to fall inline with WOZ and POTC as far as a feature rich
machine. So much to work with in this theme. I’m hoping as this may be my first JJP.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Plenty of huge acts - but only a select few have fans who love the band so much that they will buy a multi-thousand dollar pinball machine of them.
That’s why I’m shocked no one has done Rush yet. Rush’s fans are 45-55 year old
white male nerds....perfect pinball demographic.
Tons of musicians & celebs like Jack Black & Paul Rudd would buy it, and promote the hell out of it on social media. Free advertising all day long on a Rush pin!

If they make a RUSH pin I will break my fast on honeydew and drink the milk of paradise......

#93 4 years ago

How about a Def Leppard pin ? During the drum solos or drum mode the left flipper deactivates and you have to play with only the the right one

#94 4 years ago

WTH ? I put all kinds of laughing emojis on that ???!! ^^^^^

#95 4 years ago

JJP has to go adult theme on GNR

gnr (resized).jpggnr (resized).jpgcassetteusawarningsticker (resized).jpgcassetteusawarningsticker (resized).jpg
#96 4 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

How about a Def Leppard pin ? During the drum solos or drum mode the left flipper deactivates and you have to play with only the the right one

Actually you would have a pedal for the left flipper that you work with your feet.

#97 4 years ago

The G and R ramps where interesting on the DE pin. I was just thinking about the layout of a new pin.

1373-guns-n-roses-pinball-two (resized).jpg1373-guns-n-roses-pinball-two (resized).jpg
#98 4 years ago

So JJP is going to announce this at Expo in October?

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

So JJP is going to announce this at Expo in October?

GNR or Toy story for sure.

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

The 3 most obvious ever.
Zeppelin
Queen
Bowie

Queen would be great to see...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
6,693 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 224 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-jjp/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.