cb2816e86a69a487041a7d37d0b77b78ca4de9db (resized).jpg
7B487D90-CA0E-41BF-992A-E2B616E9253C (resized).jpeg
1373-guns-n-roses-pinball-two (resized).jpg
cassetteusawarningsticker (resized).jpg
gnr (resized).jpg
mnewsplus_1477474098_69902 (resized).jpg
081E6E79-77F4-4016-941D-CFC1C71CBB9E (resized).jpeg
EDBF01FF-33BB-4518-AEDF-4AF156659858 (resized).png

There are 224 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 4 years ago

Looking forward to a bad ass Guns and Roses pin. Hoping to have this thread filled with ideas related to the future pin. .

#2 4 years ago

I'm excited to see how JJP handles a music pin. I have no idea what to expect.

#3 4 years ago

I’m not into GNR, but I also said I wouldn’t like Wonka or POTC and I’m totally kicking myself it getting NIb

#4 4 years ago

I own the original from DATA EAST, Is it time to sell?

AWESOME Pin! Not to sure if JJP would sell enough? Is GNR relevant today?

#5 4 years ago

If it's good.

#6 4 years ago

Rocket queen better be in the game song list or I ain't buying !

#7 4 years ago

"Absolutely not" was what I said about Iron Maiden and it turned out to be one of the best games ever made. GnR is an equally detestable theme so...who knows. I'm with TheLaw on this one.

#8 4 years ago

Hell yes.

1BB904DE-C672-44DB-A578-BB7D1FAF6CAF (resized).png1BB904DE-C672-44DB-A578-BB7D1FAF6CAF (resized).png

#9 4 years ago

I have one important question

Will there be a "St Louis Riot" mode?

STL RIOT MB

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I have one important question
Will there be a "St Louis Riot" mode?
STL RIOT MB

Or heroin mode, coma mode, a billion ideas that don't seem to fit JJP's fam friendly thing? Total mystery

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from sirisles:

I own the original from DATA EAST, Is it time to sell?
AWESOME Pin! Not to sure if JJP would sell enough? Is GNR relevant today?

Their current tour is the third highest grossing tour of all time. I would say they are relevant.

I just sold my gnr, and I really hope I don’t end up wanting the new one. I can’t wait to play it if it is made though.

#12 4 years ago

I think JJP will do a great job on a music pin.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Not being negative here as I really like JJP's games but I am hoping they (meaning Micro) get the playfield issue resolved before GnR, if not sooner, comes out.

I also am very interested to see what JJP can do with a music themed pin. Should be really interesting.

#14 4 years ago

Might as well be a Nickelback pin...
GNR is a shit band. There someone said it.

Also this is the second pin they’ve done with a rip off theme. If they’re gonna do a music pin there’s literally 10,000 other bands they could’ve picked that haven’t been done already.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Def interested to see what they would do with one.

#16 4 years ago

Keen to see it. I like the band but am not a big fan so the game itself will be key me. I'm really hoping this is not family friendly they need to branch out.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Keen to see it. I like the band but am not a big fan so the game itself will be key me. I'm really hoping this is not family friendly they need to branch out.

Don't know that it's really branching out to make a game that is not family friendly. With the releases JJP has had thus far they were all family friendly but that's due to them all being family friendly movies, except DI. With GnR they have several songs with cursing in them and JJP can easily make it so you can change the setting to play the original version or the "family friendly" version. However, keep in mind the age we live in .... Houdini had monkey gate so not sure any manufacturers are looking for anything risky.

Also will be interesting to see what Stern does with Elvira as she's all about the double entendre so will they continue with that, go family friendly or have a setting to tun off the double entendre??

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Don't know that it's really branching out to make a game that is not family friendly. With the releases JJP has had thus far they were all family friendly but that's due to them all being family friendly movies, except DI. With GnR they have several songs with cursing in them and JJP can easily make it so you can change the setting to play the original version or the "family friendly" version. However, keep in mind the age we live in .... Houdini had monkey gate so not sure any manufacturers are looking for anything risky.
Also will be interesting to see what Stern does with Elvira as she's all about the double entendre so will they continue with that, go family friendly or have a setting to tun off the double entendre??

Language is easily enough dealt with by code, I'm thinking artwork too. I want a kick ass rock and roll pin not a watered down pin designed not to offend.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

GNR is a shit band. There someone said it.

Had GNR gone down in a plane crash 3 months after Appetite - they'd have been legends.
Likely my first JJP pin...but I thought Toy Story was next?

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Rocket queen better be in the game song list or I ain't buying !

Preach! Rocket Queen and November Rain are tied for the best ever ending to an already killer song.

#21 4 years ago

I heard it may be more focused on Slash in particular

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Had GNR gone down in a plane crash 3 months after Appetite - they'd have been legends.

Hope not.

#23 4 years ago

Hell yes. I just hope they don't new jjp it too much meaning less is more.

#24 4 years ago

Bring it on - although the cost for one here in AUD (I will probably want a LE) will be pretty harsh given the exchange rate

#25 4 years ago

Slash will make pinball "the next big thing" Bring it Jack!!!!
Shout outs by Axl and super hidden / mode.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 4 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Slash will make pinball "the next big thing" Bring it Jack!!!!
Shout outs by Axl and super hidden / mode.

I am a fan of Slash's but he hasn't had anything close to a hit since VR, he's 54 years old and he's playing at convention centers and other small venues on his current tour! Anyone relying on Slash to make anything "the next big thing" should prepare to be disappointment.

#27 4 years ago

Wonka to GNR..

maybe next batch should do Care Bears and then Boogie Nights.

#28 4 years ago

I love GNR one of my favorite bands but this would be a pass for me as I already own the orginal GNR and I have no interest in owning two GNR pins.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I love GNR one of my favorite bands but this would be a pass for me as I already own the orginal GNR and I have no interest in owning two GNR pins.

unless?

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

JJP wasn't going to make Toy Story 4's theatrical release with the jjPotC delay pushing Wonka, so the next best thing is to time the GnR pin release with their next world tour in the fall. Their last tour did $500 million, so it's not a small event. Toy Story in 1Q 2020.

#32 4 years ago

GNR Playing a little DI.. I wonder how much influence the band will have on the development of the pin.

2423243f11e06dec7acb81f8e4c9eca0 (resized).jpg2423243f11e06dec7acb81f8e4c9eca0 (resized).jpg
#33 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

GNR Playing a little DI.. I wonder how much influence the band will have on the development of the pin.[quoted image]

Hopefully little, especially since Slash sold off his WoZ in his massive divorce sale, that literally included his wedding cake topper.

They barely produced over one album, but man their tours continue to sell out, which is great revenue and buzz. I hope Eric doesn't work on this table, personally, as their music is ear cancer for me, and I love Pirates.

I saw them a couple years back, and man that was a shitty, dreadful concert. Skynyrd had a more effective career, and their band died off within years of their initial success.

If it makes people happy, by all means, I hope it sells well, and I hope JJP can do wonders with this license.

#34 4 years ago

The thing that made Appetite so great was that it was so in your face “fuck you”.. I’d love for JJP to say “fuck you” in my face with this pin. My hopes are not high.

#35 4 years ago

Needs a "GITRMFR" mode. Only a true fan will understand that
I'm sorry but the DE version is terrible. Freaking sound clips literally stolen from Last Action Hero and the gameplay is a yawnfest.
The only thing JJP lacks is a decent playfield manufacturer which stops me from buying anything until they fix their bullshit.The talent at that company is second to none and I'm sure that this release will be miles above and beyond the crap DE version.

#36 4 years ago

I hope they change the scoring on this one, so we can get back to millions and a billion being a mega good score.

Would fit the theme better.

#37 4 years ago

Sure as long as it plays fast, so much great detail in games which I love to death don't get me wrong, but can’t get that 1 2 punch feel from them if you know what I mean.

#38 4 years ago

I'm a fan of GnR and own the DE version but a JJP would likely be a pass for me.
It's personally the first game they make with a theme that interests me though!
Was really interested in The Hobbit but the game was a big letdown for me...

Mixed feelings for this one!

#39 4 years ago

This could just be a slash themed pin.where is izzy?

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from alpha70:

This could just be a slash themed pin.where is izzy?

Here

#41 4 years ago

I like the idea of having another GNR for the street. I think there is a certain level of recognition from a portion of our customer base with the band that will convince them to try the game. If the game is good and the theme intergration is well done then I think it will do well. As far as home market, I'm sure there are fans that would like a game like this to show their love for the band. I also think it is likely that collectors if things GNR may want one as well and it's almost a certainty that they are not participating in this forum discussion. It's not been announced so I'm not sure if it will be made or not but I'd definitely be a buyer of multiple units for our route.

#42 4 years ago

Personally I hate the theme, but if eric is designing it I'll take a look.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Needs a "GITRMFR" mode. Only a true fan will understand that
I'm sorry but the DE version is terrible. Freaking sound clips literally stolen from Last Action Hero and the gameplay is a yawnfest.
The only thing JJP lacks is a decent playfield manufacturer which stops me from buying anything until they fix their bullshit.The talent at that company is second to none and I'm sure that this release will be miles above and beyond the crap DE version.

Ok, please explain to the not so hardcore? LOL

Needs a "GITRMFR" mode. Only a true fan will understand that @clellison

Thx

#45 4 years ago
#46 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I like the idea of having another GNR for the street. I think there is a certain level of recognition from a portion of our customer base with the band that will convince them to try the game. If the game is good and the theme intergration is well done then I think it will do well. As far as home market, I'm sure there are fans that would like a game like this to show their love for the band. I also think it is likely that collectors if things GNR may want one as well and it's almost a certainty that they are not participating in this forum discussion. It's not been announced so I'm not sure if it will be made or not but I'd definitely be a buyer of multiple units for our route.

I too think another GNR pin will do pretty good in sales. I'm not a NIB buyer of any pins but really looking forward to playing one on location. We have almost 0% chance of getting a Sega GNR at any of the locations I play at but have a good chance of getting a JJP GNR. So hoping they do make it.

#47 4 years ago

I'm looking forward to seeing how JJP breaks through this new genre for themselves and have confidence JJP will kill it re-defining music pins. Having said that I won't own one. it's just not a band that appeals to me, but I can appreciate this release being a pivotal turning point of expansion for JJP. I'll enjoy playing it on occasion as someone in my league will certainly purchase it.

#48 4 years ago

I like looking at the “NO” votes and thinking, “These are the same MOFOS that said “never” to Metallica, Kiss and Iron Maiden. Go JJP! This theme will put you on the map for the kick a$$ pinhead population! In Eric we trust!

#49 4 years ago

I'm in for sure. GnR is my favorite band.

To those questioning their relevancy, they have had the biggest tour in the world that last three years. Not many bands can fill stadiums all over the world.

You may not like them personally and that's cool, but the facts are that by almost any measurable standards, they are one of the biggest bands of all time.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I like looking at the “NO” votes and thinking, “These are the same MOFOS that said “never” to Metallica, Kiss and Iron Maiden. Go JJP! This theme will put you on the map for the kick a$$ pinhead population! In Eric we trust!

Does anyone know Eric's level of interest in GNR? Hopefully a big fan that always helps.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods
Toppers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
6,693 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 224 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-jjp/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.