New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 256988)

GnR - I think it's time Jack

By delt31

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by konghusker
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 months ago

With all of these great titles being announced (R+M, ST, etc), I think it's time for JJP to bring up GnR. Wonka at this point is out, love it or hate it, and now the momentum seems to have shifted away from JJP and all we hear about is Spooky, Stern - even CGC with their updated MM.

Jack - ASSUMING IT'S READY SOON, it's time to get the hype train going.

#2 10 months ago
    Quoted from delt31:

With all of these great titles being announced (R+M, ST, etc), I think it's time for JJP to bring up GnR. Wonka at this point is out, love it or hate it, and now the momentum seems to have shifted away from JJP and all we hear about is Spooky, Stern - even CGC with their updated MM.
    Jack - ASSUMING IT'S READY SOON, it's time to get the hype train going.

Don't encourage him. Unless GNR is within a month of shipping it shouldn't be announced. The hype train will lose steam if it's not ready.

#3 10 months ago

Not sure you saw my capitalized sentence:

ASSUMING IT'S READY SOON

#4 10 months ago

There hasn't been any "last call for Wonka for this batch" announcements from the distributors, so they probably still have a ways to go to catch up on Wonka orders. Once we hear that, then they might start to change the assembly line over in a month or two ... and that changeover typically takes a few months. I would guess around the April time frame (MGC reveal?) and ready to ship.

#5 10 months ago

So ASSUMING GNR is ready to go into production and ship, JJP should announce and reveal it.

Damn, whomever Jack is paying to do his marketing should be worried. There's a potential new sheriff in town!

#6 10 months ago
    Quoted from delt31:

With all of these great titles being announced (R+M, ST, etc), I think it's time for JJP to bring up GnR.

How in the hell do you know that either of these will be GREAT titles? lol

Sorry, I did not realize that you were the self pronounced operator of the established Pinside hype-wheel machine.

#7 10 months ago

I’m shocked Delt hasn’t bought, looked at, and sold a JJP GNR already.

#8 10 months ago

GNR is going to perform at the Super Bowl Music Fest Pre-party ... maybe put a pin on stage and have Slash play it on live TV for the initial reveal? great advertisement ...

#9 10 months ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

There hasn't been any "last call for Wonka for this batch" announcements from the distributors, so they probably still have a ways to go to catch up on Wonka orders. Once we hear that, then they might start to change the assembly line over in a month or two ... and that changeover typically takes a few months. I would guess around the April time frame (MGC reveal?) and ready to ship.

MGC Would be perfect!!

#10 10 months ago

I'm honestly not at all excited about this...do we really NEED another GNR pin? Oh well, plenty of choices coming!!

#11 10 months ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I'm honestly not at all excited about this...do we really NEED another GNR pin? Oh well, plenty of choices coming!!

I say yes. The Jurassic Park and potc were both already done, and I'd say the new versions of both are pretty sweet.

#12 10 months ago

I actually think it’s a bad time to announce GNR. Even if it’s great, I think it’s better to be the “only game in town” at the time it’s announced. No one is going to forget about JJP and there’s no sense diluting the hype by announcing a game concurrently with or close to two other major announcements - Spooky and presumably Stern.

#13 10 months ago

Shall I start a fifth thread about this topic?

#14 10 months ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

How in the hell do you know that either of these will be GREAT titles? lol
    Sorry, I did not realize that you were the self pronounced operator of the established Pinside hype-wheel machine.

Well wake up!

seriously though - not saying they're guaranteed to be good but their THEME alone will get them a lot of attention.

I forget some people need to be spoon fed around here. Sorry, I will be a little slower next time.

#15 10 months ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

No more then we needed another Kiss, Star Trek, Playboy, Elvira, Star Wars......I could go on and on.

John

#16 10 months ago

Gotta hand it to Axl and the boys, they got a hell of a lot of mileage out of one great album 32 years ago.

#17 10 months ago

I think it's time for JJP to scrap GNR and make Back to the Future Trilogy Pinball I just don't see a lot of GNR sales at $7500, $9500, and $12,500. Then again JJP could make something incredibly cool with the GNR theme, will see.

#18 10 months ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Gotta hand it to Axl and the boys, they got a hell of a lot of mileage out of one great album 32 years ago.

It's a testament to just how goddamn awesome and huge that album was, really!

Don't forget, there's plenty of November Rain fans as well.

#19 10 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's a testament to just how goddamn awesome and huge that album was, really!

Indeed. Still perhaps my favorite pure rock & roll record of all time, even though I have little use for the bloated mess that followed. And I'm not just talking about Axl.

#20 10 months ago

Appetite is a lot like Born in the USA to me, I'm always amazed how many songs I don't know on the album; an entire half which seems shocking.
    The power of MTV I guess.

#21 10 months ago

i loves g&r i am waiting for it

#22 10 months ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Have you seen Slash play live lately, Seriously best live guitarist i have seen in ages.

#23 10 months ago

I am a Stern fanboy and all i can say about this pin is "You Could Be Mine"

#24 10 months ago
    Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Have you seen Slash play live lately, Seriously best live guitarist i have seen in ages.

Saw them in Jersey when they first came back. Slash wore a cut off that said new York fucking city and tore the roof off.

So pumped for the new gnr. Just hope they don't Wonka it. Pumped for stranger things and tmnt too. What a time for pinball.

#25 10 months ago

I'm hoping for another widebody JJP.

Otherwise, I'm going retro for an Oktoberfest.

I know .... sooooooo yesterday.

#26 10 months ago

I'm excited to see this game. I'm still racking my brain on what really cool mechs or ideas Eric can do with this. GNR and acdc are my two favorite bands, so I'm waiting to see if this is worth getting. I agree the higher prices will be hard to swallow for another band pin though. This one may be a standard purchase this time. We'll see, and hopefully soon.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 19.50
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    £ 12.00
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 126.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 8.00
    Electronics
    Docent Electronics
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Led
    3D MODS
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7.95
    Various Novelties
    PIC
    $ 79.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    MicksPinball
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Great American Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 229.99
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 69.50
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 92.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Various Other Swag
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Protection
    UpKick Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside