Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by wiggy07
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180123_155513 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wdpvideo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 6 years ago

If the ColorDMD has 12v & 5v. Did you add any new ribbon cables?

#11 6 years ago

I have seen this with new cables.

#12 6 years ago

Do you have another dmd you can put back in it to see if it works?

#13 6 years ago

You don’t have to mount the DMD just hook-up as a test...

#21 6 years ago

Yes, Rottendog boards i have had many, many problems with. I love new boards in my games but have learned over the years that many times right out of the box to have issues. Watch who you buy from because allot of time instead of fixing the problem they just try like heck not to get it back and replace it. Every time I’ve had a problem with the color DMD, Randy has really stepped in and helped. May take us a day or two but he seems to be able to track down the problem and most the time I feel stupid on the other end. However you have to make sure it has the 12v and the 5v or You’re just spinning your wheels. As far as I know the original DMD doesn’t use 5v’s. Also just to keep in mind I’ve had issues when I’ve had a few mods hooked up and the color DMD. This is the case you might look at installing an external power supply with 5 V and 12 V. It’s a piece a cake just time consuming.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wdpvideo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-colordmd-not-working?tu=wdpvideo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.