Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by wiggy07
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180123_155513 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nath2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I'm wondering if anyone has seen these symptoms on a ColorDMD?

I'm not sure if you can see it on the image, but when the game boots, most of the time there is a row of various colored dots at the top of the display, but that's it. Occasionally there is nothing.

This seemed to happen after the bigger header pin disconnected when trying to remove the speaker/DMD panel when the game was powered on.

I have replaced the DMD Driver Board with a rottendog board (Using the ROM from the old one), but have the same symptom. I also updated the ColorDMD board via USB and it seemed to do what it was supposed too.

I have checked all the cables multiple times. ColorDMD is Rev 1.3b and the DMD Rom is V3 in case it matters.

Thanks!

20180123_155513 (resized).jpg20180123_155513 (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

The game boots and plays fine. It has a new Gulf Pinball PSU. It has 11.3v, -14.5v and 4.9v at the test points. I also measure 5v at the power plug on the DMD driver board, and 12v and 5v on the power plug to the ColorDMD board.

#5 6 years ago

Pressing the buttons on the ColorDMD board does nothing, it stays with the same line of colored dots... but as I said above, the ColorDMD board did update the firmware with the expected led flashes, usb access etc, as described in the ColorDMD upgrading instructions. Do you think it could be the ROM chip on the DMD driver board...?

#10 6 years ago

I just replaced the cable from the DMD Driver Board to the MPU, but no change. That's the lead that pulled out when trying to remove the DMD/Speaker panel when the machine was on. I should add it was working fine with the exact same setup, until that plugged pulled out.

#14 6 years ago

I do have the old DMD, but, silly me, I removed all the HV wires from the plug on the PSU board... I might have to rewire it.

I just checked the new cable pin to pin and that seems fine.

#15 6 years ago

I also replaced the MPU with a Rottendog MPU, and it didn't work either, but neither did a whole bunch of other stuff!

#16 6 years ago

Progress, All works fine with the original DMD, so it's def a ColorDMD error... that was unexpected...

I have written to colorDMD for support. I will report back how it goes.

#19 6 years ago

I went through the ColorDMD support process which involved disconnecting both ends of that cable and no luck. I'll try putting the old PSU back in, see what happens.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nath2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-colordmd-not-working?tu=nath2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.