3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20210207_172905261 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

The main monitor shows nothing other than “no signal” every once in a while. The monitor in the back is what I would expect the main monitor to show. Ideas?

#2 3 years ago

Do you have power to the rest of the machine? Lights are on? Or is everything out? I had a similar experience where every time I booted my Wonka it said no signal. Turns out I had to reboot my cpu.

If that is the case, here is a link to. JJP tutorial on how to do it.
Best
Joey

#3 3 years ago

Please check the monitor if cables to it are in tight, and where they come from, the other end, is in tight.

LTG : )

#4 3 years ago

Thanks. Cable isn’t very well seated inside the monitor, the computer, or both. A little wiggling and it came on briefly, then went off again. It’s working now, for now.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Cable isn’t very well seated inside the monitor, the computer, or both. A little wiggling and it came on briefly, then went off again. It’s working now, for now.

Bad cable ?

LTG : )

#6 3 years ago

Is the cable HDMI LTG ? Could replace with an off the shelf for testing if so. Route properly when time permits.

#7 3 years ago

Thanks, all! I'll bookmark for what to do if it happens again.

#8 3 years ago

Put in a JJP repair ticket.

#9 3 years ago

The cable in my LE was a DVI-D (single link) to HDMI, where the HDMI end is plugged into the monitor (see pic).

It must not have been plugged in to the monitor well, or maybe it wasn't routed+secured to the fold-out monitor mounting bracket properly because one day I turned the pin on and the main monitor was not getting a signal. When I looked things over I discovered that the HDMI connector had been bent roughly 45 degrees and was halfway pulled out of the cable and as such, that was all she wrote.

The main monitor has both DVI and HDMI inputs so I dug into a box of old computer cables and found a DVI-D (dual link) cable (male-male) and swapped it in, then changed the input to DVI and I was back in action.

HTH

PXL_20210207_172905261 (resized).jpgPXL_20210207_172905261 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Concord, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-ceno-monitor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.