• I'll buy an LE. 76 votes
    49%
  • I'll buy an SE. 9 votes
    6%
  • I won't buy the game. It's CE or nothing for me. 71 votes
    46%

(156 votes)

#1 3 years ago

If you wanted a CE and couldn't get one, what will you do now?

#2 3 years ago

The question is "Would it piss you off they made more CE to cover demand?"

#3 3 years ago

They’d better not make more CE ‘s. JJP is better than that. Stern, on the other hand, often breaks promises and increases production after they promised to fix numbers (Munsters LE and BM66LE for example)

The whole idea behind something ‘collectible’ is that its limited availability with greater demand than supply. If everyone has one, then it’s not a collectible.

#4 3 years ago

I have never in my life seen so many grown men cry like little babies over a pinball machine

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I have never in my life seen so many grown men cry like little babies over a pinball machine

You must be new here

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

You must be new here

LOL, no but GNR has put it on another level

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

LOL, no but GNR has put it on another level

This all boils down to people wanting what others can't have. If they increase the number of CE's, all the other guys will start crying because they don't get to say "I have one and you don't," which I think is the most childish.

I'm not enough of a GnR fan to buy the game at all, but I understand the frustration of people being denied the version that they want because of a number and saying "forget it" altogether.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

This all boils down to people wanting what others can't have. If they increase the number of CE's, all the other guys will start crying because they don't get to say "I have one and you don't," which I think is the most childish.
I'm not enough of a GnR fan to buy the game at all, but I understand the frustration of people being denied the version that they want because of a number and saying "forget it" altogether.

I agree. If people will be patient CE's will pop up on the secondary market. Look at rick and morty and every other game that has sold out the first day.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I agree. If people will be patient CE's will pop up on the secondary market. Look at rick and morty and every other game that has sold out the first day.

Very true, especially for R&M. The thing that gets me is the speculators and flippers (ha!).

#10 3 years ago

I'm not a CE buyer, (no interest at all ) that leaves more for those who want one.

Cheers

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

They’d better not make more CE ‘s. JJP is better than that. Stern, on the other hand, often breaks promises and increases production after they promised to fix numbers (Munsters LE and BM66LE for example)
The whole idea behind something ‘collectible’ is that its limited availability with greater demand than supply. If everyone has one, then it’s not a collectible.

They can just come out with a new edition. Problem solved. They did it with WOZ.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

They can just come out with a new edition. Problem solved. They did it with WOZ.

Correct, just dont call it a CE.
The all black armor "Slash" edition.
Did it with Black Arrow.
Just have different trim, different topper.
Fyi, I didn't get a Black Arrow and really wanted one.
So Woody.....
I still cry myself to sleep sometimes.

#13 3 years ago

21 people so far are gonna take their ball and go home? I'm surprised by this. I guess that means they're more into the rarity and less into the actual game itself?

#14 3 years ago

I (likely) will get a LE.

Initially wanted the LE but as the CE has the cool apron ball lock and a few other bits (RadCals) but don't feel too bad about not getting a CE it was at my limit price so I won't pay extra. If some guys are going to be selling them for $13.5K or more, that's fine won't effect me. If some pop up for 12.5 I'll bite but no more. I saw some for sale dealer for $13K yesterday since sold out but I didn't want to go that high. I know it's silly to draw the line at $500 extra but that was how much I was on the fence with also wanting the LE initially and still like the art on the LE.

So with the savings, I plan to buy 8-10 PDI glass (I wanted to get eventually).

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

The could do a "Use Your Illusion" version with the artwork for I on the left side and II on the right side. -Similar to the Transformers Autobots/Decepticons.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

21 people so far are gonna take their ball and go home? I'm surprised by this. I guess that means they're more into the rarity and less into the actual game itself?

These polls are not scientific. I said I'm in for a Standard and I have zero intention of ever buying a NIB game.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

These polls are not scientific. I said I'm in for a Standard and I have zero intention of ever buying a NIB game.

The post says "If you wanted a CE and couldn't get one..."

Someone who isn't a troll would simply have not responded.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

If you wanted a CE and couldn't get one, what will you do now?

Buy an LE (looks better overall than the CE IMHO) and mod it as desired w/art blades, topper, shooter housing, lockdown bar button decoration, etc., of my choice. Or potentially purchase the next special version of the game if worthy.

Quoted from woody76:

Look at the prices too.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

The post says "If you wanted a CE and couldn't get one..."
Someone who isn't a troll would simply have not responded.

Good point.

The poll is still an opt-in and it's pretty much pointless. JJP is surely ignoring it.

People make dumb polls here all the time and then cite them as "evidence." These are simply parlour games they cannot be used as evidence in an argument or thesis.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Good point.
The poll is still an opt-in and it's pretty much pointless. JJP is surely ignoring it.
People make dumb polls here all the time and then cite them as "evidence." These are simply parlour games they cannot be used as evidence in an argument or thesis.

Get a job you spend way too much time here!

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Get a job you spend way too much time here!

He does, livestreams his guitar pickin...

#22 3 years ago

If you take the current 28 people who say they won't buy the game because they can't get the CE at their word, that's $350,000 in lost revenue. Obviously this isn't a scientific or definitive poll, but I think there's enough here to suggest there's significant loss of revenue, whatever the actual amount. We're a fragile sort in this hobby.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

If you take the current 28 people who say they won't buy the game because they can't get the CE at their word, that's $350,000 in lost revenue. Obviously this isn't a scientific or definitive poll, but I think there's enough here to suggest there's significant loss of revenue, whatever the actual amount. We're a fragile sort in this hobby.

You can't take them at their word because it's all bullshit. People change their mind daily in this hobby. Pinball People are also exceptionally petty and LOVE to make a point - if I'm chippy about being "burned" by not being allowed to spend $13,000 on a pinball machine, I may vote in an opt in unscientific poll with zero actual value just to lash out at JJP, who has ruined my life by not selling me a CE.

And then next week if I still actually want the game I'll probably just order the LE.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I'm not enough of a GnR fan to buy the game at all

Why do you care then to have created this thread?

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

It's the topic of the moment.

#26 3 years ago

This thread existed 1 day already. Don't need a poll to be talked about.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-burned-jjp-gnr-ce-deposit

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I actually listened to some of the songs from the game, some of them I knew, some I wasn't so familiar with. I do like their music. I could see myself maybe wanting this game depending on how I like playing it, but I don't like the idea that I have to commit to buying it before I get a chance to play it, or even see real game play, if I want a CE with all the features. I'm sort of worried that this game is going to feel too much like guitar hero. I think they should release the standard versions of the game and then once people can develop an informed opinion on the game, offer a collector's edition, if they want to offer one. People in this hobby often whine about people buying games sight unseen, but then these high demand titles come out and you have no other choice. I definitely understand the position of not wanting a game at all if you have to commit $12,500 to it before you even get to try it, otherwise you can't get all the features.

#28 3 years ago

Wow. 50 people want a CE or nothing. Thats some serious cash JJP.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Wow. 50 people want a CE or nothing. Thats some serious cash JJP.

if JJP loses 50 sales like you say maybe they'll learn something and do a different sales on their next CE reveal. But in all reality, they'll probably just come out with some variation of the pin like they've done in the past.

#30 3 years ago

Why the magic limit 500 number anyways? Why can't it be 1000? I was a pre-order buyer for JJP's startup with WOZECLE and was supposed to be no more than 1000 made, ever, so I thought...Was paid in FULL for almost a year before I got my game.
I can't remember how it went after those 1000 LE's were delivered, but I think JJP made 1500 Standards, then RubyReds then YBR versions?? Lost track.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Why the magic limit 500 number anyways? Why can't it be 1000? I was a pre-order buyer for JJP's startup with WOZECLE and was supposed to be no more than 1000 made, ever, so I thought...Was paid in FULL for almost a year before I got my game.
I can't remember how it went after those 1000 LE's were delivered, but I think JJP made 1500 Standards, then RubyReds then YBR versions?? Lost track.

The game has more special magic in it the fewer people have access to it. Studies have shown that the fun factor increases 87% for each person that can't get a game.

Source: Science.

#32 3 years ago

thought i was in . looks like im an out . great Distributor too so didn't go elsewhere but still gut nuked / never owned a JJP and never will now it seems. I have so many games but still feel pissed i got fooled again Like the Confederate's after Josey Wales / Damn JJP and there cutting Distros orders back. Jerks @jjp

And yes At almost 13 k for a toy , it is easy to stay true to my word unless a Judas Priest CE comes out but i will probably not get that as a strike 3 metle.GNRCe and a JPce . i will send money be told hey you got time go here to this website and fill out an order and hell still not get it...lmao .
what a sheet show

Added over 4 years ago:

thought i was in . looks like im an out . great Distributor too so didn't go elsewhere but still gut nuked

1 week later
#33 3 years ago

so around 140 that wanted a CE that could not lock one in and a Bunch that couldnt still are buying a lesser model of that group . So Jjp is not losing out all that much and 500 seemed to be the right number Of Collectables at a higher price.
I hope Slash signs them randomly like i heard he may be doing on some standards/ Cool times for Gnr pinball fans

#34 3 years ago

Ok. Last spam post in CE threads. I’m auctioning mine off for charity.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-guns-n-roses-ce#post-5918330

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In other words your just trolling JJP threads to make what you think are clever remarks?

1 month later
#36 3 years ago

I’m incredibly disappointed that I couldn’t get a CE never dreamed they’d be gone in hours. I’ll buy an LE but not new. Mainly bc I eventually hope to buy a CE somehow and don’t want to lose my butt selling and buying a bunch.

I also have hope that we get a 4th edition with signatures and that cool front skull on the shooter. GnR signatures alone are crazy expensive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 11,000.00
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hardware
Pinball Haven

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 210.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-can-t-get-a-ce-poll?hl=mr9865 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.