• Latest reply 7 years ago by arakissun
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled (resized).png
#1 7 years ago

I try to help a friend's Guns.To be honest I don't like too much DE,because they remember me the old style of System 11,so my experience on DE is not so much like W/B.

What I done until now:
First rebuild the whole PSU because it was damage everywhere.
Also replaced the relay on PPB because the old one get stucked.
Repaired the +5V connector on DMD controller board with new one,because it was burned and didn't show nothing on the display.
Now the machine work-the program start normal,the gameplay look normal,DMD work great,sound work too.Everything is functional normal except the coils on +50V and the three flippers.

The problem:
All coils which are 3-4 on 50V didn't work
All three flippers didn't work except the right one which work but very slowly.Flippers board diode not light.

What I try:
For the flippers I tried with another working board but same problem and the diode on it still not light.
Interlock switch is ok(this one on the coindoor).The one that tell when the coindoor is opened and that the high power will be disable.
The other one is disconnected and I cannot find it's wire on the cabinet,so this can be solution for the problem too if someone tell me the colours of the wires.
Tried another working PPB board-still the same problem.
Measure the voltages on PPB on the connector under the relay which the manual tell that must have +50V,but nothing.No voltages.
Checked all BRs,fuses-ok

The machine have many previous strange repairs,so this thing will be some stupid thing I think,but I don't know what can it be to cut these +50V.

What I think to do:
To trace the whole path of +50V.Can you help me for these?
Some other test points to see if there is +50V?
Any other idea what to try?

#2 7 years ago

These are real straight forward unless of course somebody butchered it.

Check for 50VDC on pins 1,2,3,5,8 and 9 of J7 on the PPB board. If it's missing check for 48VAC between pins 1 and 4 or 3 and 5 of J4. If you have AC in and no DC out then check the 5 amp Slo Blo at F5 and the bridge BR1 and the filter C1.

The 48VAC should come from the Black/Yellow pair on the main transformer. There's a couple of connectors between the transformer and the PPB so one of those could be damaged.

If you have a good clean 50 at J7, let me know and we'll get deeper into the circuit.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#3 7 years ago

C1 is new.
BR was checked two times and it's ok
Th fuse is fine.
As I wrote,I tested with working board and the result is same.

Will check these ACs later today.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-50v-missing-or-something-else and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.