pasted_image1 (resized).png
IMG_5638 (resized).JPG
3ee (resized).jpg
IMG_5634 (resized).JPG
IMG_5633 (resized).JPG
IMG_5632 (resized).JPG
IMG_5631 (resized).JPG
IMG_5629 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pins4u.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

What connector is the "ROW" connector? I want to make sure I unplug the correct connector(s)

Right side: (J205 & J209 are just paralleled so your plug could be on either)
pasted_imagea (resized).pngpasted_imagea (resized).png

#13 1 year ago

Please take a CRISP, CLEAR, WELL LIT, closeup of the circled area.

3ee (resized).jpg3ee (resized).jpg
#16 1 year ago

Looks like corrosion?

pasted_image1 (resized).pngpasted_image1 (resized).png
#24 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

The battery was upgraded to a lithium disc. I replaced it as well.

Sure, but the damage can be very subtle AND happens BEFORE the battery is replaced. Often, corrosion will lurk and show it's ugly face even months after the batteries are replaced.

I would look VERY VERY closely around the 4 x LM339s as even a tiny bit of battery corrosion will cause EXACTLY the problems you are reporting. This is why more people than just me are suggesting it.

#30 1 year ago

I still think you have a corrosion issue - maybe not causing this problem but you need to look VERY critically around here:
pasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png

Looking more closely you DO have corrosion issues - in a few places.
pasted_image4 (resized).pngpasted_image4 (resized).pngpasted_image5 (resized).pngpasted_image5 (resized).png

These tracks are SUPER fine and break at the slightest sniff of battery corrosion.

#37 1 year ago

The built in test menu is the BEST resource you have EVERY TIME for locating and identifying ANY problem you have in WMS machines particularly.

Your best course of action is to familiarise yourself with ALL the tests and go to them FIRST if you EVER have a problem!

The second step (AFTER you have identified the issue using the menu/tests) is to read the WIKI https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Then, and ONLY then, should you start asking others to help BUT by then you will have resolved 80% of any problems that might arise.

1 week later
#41 1 year ago

You are going to continue chasing your tail while you deny the existence of corrosion around the most sensitive area of the MPU AND this is the area that is DIRECTLY responsible for your "ground short" error most likely.

It is a known and common problem with these boards.

2 weeks later
#48 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

THANK YOU Seamlesswall

I knew it was NEVER a corrosion issue. Maybe my pictures looked different than reality. I disconnected the Opto board connector and game booted with no issue except opto's were dead. I just installed the replacement board from Marco and played a few games. Game play is perfect. No issues.
So what I hope some of you take notice is that making suggestions is great, but when people say your suggestion is Not applicable, please don't turn hostile. Nobody wins with bad attitudes. I appreciate everyone that threw ideas. Seamless gets the prize!

I wouldn't get too cocky just yet. You have corrosion issues that will bite one day no matter if you like to see that or not.

The advice offered here from many is usually with lots of years experience in this specific area. To dismiss this advice with your cocky response won't help you in the future.

Good luck with your machine.

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

This is a support site not a bashing site. If you are going to "help" in the guise of being arrogant, I'd rather you pass by. There are plenty of genuine helpful people on this site. I hope you consider your general demeanor. It is quite unbecoming. I never said I have all the answers. I also understand that I might suggest something that has no bearing on the issue. Anyway. Thanks for the help.

Have a read of your own posts before throwing stones!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,419.00
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

14,000 (OBO)
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pins4u.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnd-short-help-i-can-t-play-my-williams-indiana-jones?tu=pins4u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.