Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6D6E746A-FDAE-44BB-91F3-3FD10FBFD1DB (resized).png
    20180419_120628 (resized).jpg
    20180419_120621 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8498 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 1 year ago

i'd think the glow in the dark wouldn't work at all while playing. Unless you have bright room lights on for awhile. and have colored LED's in your GI's. Because then it's so dark you can't see shit anyway. You won't be able to see the ball, but you sure the hell can see all the rubber on the field

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Looking through the filtered thread linked by atari_daze the look Iā€™m going for seems like a combination of glow rings and UV or blue general illumination. I wonder if I went with glow rings plus UV leds behind the rings if the overall light would be too dim and purple? Maybe I could offset that while retaining the cool bluish ring glow with some diy stadium lighting set to a warm white but dimmed slightly?

horrible idea. You never want to use anything but white in the GI sockets, or you will not be able to see anything. Using UV, would be the equivalent to using IR for Gi's. the game will be unplayable due to lack of visibility, and your art package will be destroyed. Only thing you could see would be the rubber rings.

#24 1 year ago

but VND has white GI's and uses outside florescent blacklights to use it's effect.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside