3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6D6E746A-FDAE-44BB-91F3-3FD10FBFD1DB (resized).png
    20180419_120628 (resized).jpg
    20180419_120621 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8498 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 months ago

Who has used glow in the dark rubber rings? I’m thinking about using the glow rings from Titan on an upcoming project but would like some feedback based on first hand experience.

Is the glow effect noticeable if you are not in a darkened room?

Do they play the same / last as long as the regular Titan silicone?

Any feedback, especially with a picture or two would be great!

#3 3 months ago

just put titans on a TFTC and they are bad ass. glow isn't that noticeable while game is on, but do like the faint green color. when you turn the game off in a dark room all the rubbers do have a glow. highly recommend. my monster bash is next.

#4 3 months ago

I want to see some one max out an EM with glow rubber and then go all UV in the GI. Just for fun.

Edit: Nevermind, that thread has it all.

#5 3 months ago

They light up a little if you have a UV tough light mod with it. I'm doing that on my WOZ as the playfield artwork would indicate that they "should" be glowing.

#6 3 months ago

I much prefer this generic brand over Titan when it comes to rubbers. They are off brand, but don't deteriorate as fast, and are honestly much more fun to use.

amazon.com link »

#7 3 months ago

Plays identical to Titan's other colors of Silicone RR's.
    I have GID in MB, SW-LE & E-HoH & will be adding to ACNC & RnM soon - Love Em!!

Try adding some UV LED strips in hidden places to kick-up the Green GID effect when your game goes dark.

#8 3 months ago

I saw some of those in a gas station bathroom once...............

#9 3 months ago
    Quoted from sataneatscheese:

I much prefer this generic brand over Titan when it comes to rubbers. They are off brand, but don't deteriorate as fast, and are honestly much more fun to use.
    amazon.com link »

Doesnt the lube make the balls roll slower?

#10 3 months ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Doesnt the lube make the balls roll slower?

I thought the lube made the balls bounce harder?

#11 3 months ago

i'd think the glow in the dark wouldn't work at all while playing. Unless you have bright room lights on for awhile. and have colored LED's in your GI's. Because then it's so dark you can't see shit anyway. You won't be able to see the ball, but you sure the hell can see all the rubber on the field

#12 3 months ago
    Quoted from sataneatscheese:

amazon.com link »

Well, I've been using Titan religiously with varied results, but after seeing the brand you use I can now understand how my GF got pregnant.

#13 3 months ago

Looking through the filtered thread linked by atari_daze the look I’m going for seems like a combination of glow rings and UV or blue general illumination. I wonder if I went with glow rings plus UV leds behind the rings if the overall light would be too dim and purple? Maybe I could offset that while retaining the cool bluish ring glow with some diy stadium lighting set to a warm white but dimmed slightly?

#14 3 months ago

I put GITD on my TNA. I love them. It looks fantastic when the multi-ball changes the entire GI to blue so they glow green.
    IMG_8498 (resized).jpeg

#15 3 months ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Looking through the filtered thread linked by atari_daze the look I’m going for seems like a combination of glow rings and UV or blue general illumination. I wonder if I went with glow rings plus UV leds behind the rings if the overall light would be too dim and purple? Maybe I could offset that while retaining the cool bluish ring glow with some diy stadium lighting set to a warm white but dimmed slightly?

horrible idea. You never want to use anything but white in the GI sockets, or you will not be able to see anything. Using UV, would be the equivalent to using IR for Gi's. the game will be unplayable due to lack of visibility, and your art package will be destroyed. Only thing you could see would be the rubber rings.

#16 3 months ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

horrible idea. You never want to use anything but white in the GI sockets, or you will not be able to see anything. Using UV, would be the equivalent to using IR for Gi's. the game will be unplayable due to lack of visibility, and your art package will be destroyed. Only thing you could see would be the rubber rings.

Interesting. Have there been reports of UV bulbs destroying artwork on playfields or plastics?

#17 3 months ago

I did a TFTC with glow in the dark Titans. I also installed purple strip lights on the sides similar to pinstadiums (mine only cost me 20 bucks to make.) The camera picks up the purple more then your eyes will and game was not as washed out as the pics show. I used pinballlife ablaze ghostbusters on the GI. Made it bright enough to see the ball while playing. The strip lights just brought out all the glow in the dark features.

20180419_120621 (resized).jpg20180419_120628 (resized).jpg
    #18 3 months ago

I’ve got Titan gitd rubbers on my afm and they look fantastic.

#19 3 months ago

I did GITD in a Ghostbusters. Turned out great!

#20 3 months ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

I saw some of those in a gas station bathroom once...............

I had a girlfriend that sprung one of those on me once.

#21 3 months ago

This photo from atari_daze (from the thread linked above) is basically what I’m going for only with more warm white light on the playfield.

6D6E746A-FDAE-44BB-91F3-3FD10FBFD1DB (resized).png
    #22 3 months ago

atari_daze do you still have the game shown above? If so, how is the art holding up to the UV exposure?

#23 3 months ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'd think the glow in the dark wouldn't work at all while playing. Unless you have bright room lights on for awhile. and have colored LED's in your GI's. Because then it's so dark you can't see shit anyway. You won't be able to see the ball, but you sure the hell can see all the rubber on the field

It would work on VND! I might have to pick some up! Don't know why I didn't think of this until right now!

#24 3 months ago

but VND has white GI's and uses outside florescent blacklights to use it's effect.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RGP Models
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet Parts
    PinBoltCaps
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 120.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 86.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 149.00
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 60.00
    Apparel - Women
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 29.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside