• Latest reply 6 years ago by BigAl56
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

schem (resized).PNG
#1 6 years ago

My Globetrotters is coming along. One of the problems I have is that there are several loose wires ( see: https://pinballrepairandlife.blogspot.com/2018/03/a-gigantic-step-forward.html ) in the front door and I am suspecting its not wired up (no spark of any kind when pushed and switch makes contact)

I need to start tracing some things out, but looking at the schematic ( see: http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1125/Bally_1979_Harlem_Globetrotters_On_Tour_Manual.pdf ) I don't see anything that says "Start a game switch" or anything that looks reasonably like it.

I would assume it would be in the same general vicinity of the schematic as the coin switches or the test button but I am totally missing it. Is "Slam" or "Credit Reset" or something special like that?

schem (resized).PNGschem (resized).PNG

#2 6 years ago

Pretty sure it's the credit reset.

The wire Colors are on the bottom of the wiring harness sheet. 13 is red wire with yellow stripe. That's the wire that's connected to the start game button on my Paragon... same schematic.

Intuitively to me ´credit' is adding a credit, but that's what the coin switches do. The slam switch is like a tilt for really bad people... so what's left is the credit reset switch... and the wire colour is correct for how mine is connected.

#3 6 years ago

thanks! seems kind of goofy that something so important would be so technically labeled but I will go with it!
Mark

#4 6 years ago

The terminology goes back to the 1940s.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grandview, MO

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/globetrotters-start-a-new-game-switch-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.