You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3581 (resized).jpg
IMG_3535 (resized).jpg
IMG_3479 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mark532011.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I've got a strange problem and am unsure where to go with it. I have a Globetrotters with newly purchased MPU, Lamp Driver and Solenoid boards. Game plays great and everything works correctly except the 5th display (Match/ball in play)

In self-test, it works correctly and counts up along with the other displays, during gameplay I get nothing at all from it - no numbers, no blinking segments, nothing. Since it works during self-test I figure the data and voltage wiring and connectors must be ok, but I can't figure out where to go. I tried swapping the cable between 4th and 5th displays and the problem went with it so the issue is somewhere outside the display itself.

Any ideas?

#7 5 years ago

thanks for the info guys!
I set the switch and it now displays the number of credits and match number. But still nothing for the ball in play. bizarre

I've got a couple of pics. Its a little hard to get them as the displays looks solid to the eye but aparently blink at high speed so when the camera takes the pic I sometimes get a display and sometimes not. Self-test and regular play

IMG_3479 (resized).jpgIMG_3479 (resized).jpgIMG_3481 (resized).jpgIMG_3481 (resized).jpg
#18 5 years ago

Hey guys, sorry to take so long - I downloaded the Far Harbor expansion to Fallout 4 and its been taking all my time

For the Globetrotter, I get only a single display for the ball and that is definitely not normal. I found an online video of a globetrotter test at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=64&v=uCtnJWzcwRs

My video shows it counting up and not diusplaying all the values. However, when I stretch the cable down to the player 4 display, it does the same thing - so its not a problem at the display or the connector at the display.

full disclosure - it has all new boards, but the connectors were in pretty bad shape and I had to redo them. It was my first time doing connectors and although I was very careful its possible I screwed something up!

video: https://butlerfam.smugmug.com/PublicPics/i-gVqtsVj/A
IMG_3535 (resized).jpgIMG_3535 (resized).jpg

#21 5 years ago

Thanks. I will dig into the connector. Makes sense

1 week later
#23 5 years ago

I rebuilt the connectors to the MPUI/display boards but did noit touch the connectors on the front panel. looking at the connector on that display, it looks like there is a lot of corrosion on pins 5-9 . This could be the source of my problem - is there a replacement connector available?

IMG_3581 (resized).jpgIMG_3581 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grandview, MO
$ 22.50
$ 10.00
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mark532011.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/globetrotters-5th-display?tu=mark532011 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.