New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 149760)

Glenn Frey dead at age 67

By eggbert52

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Nevus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
    Glenn-Frey-the-eagles-1970-billboard-650_(resized).jpg

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

Since I consider the Eagles synonymous with playing pinball because a many of their songs were played while I was flipping a few games so I put this in the all pinball category. I'm shocked to hear this and he will obviously be missed. Way too young.

"Take it Easy" Glenn. RIP

#2 4 years ago

Glenn-Frey-the-eagles-1970-billboard-650_(resized).jpg

#4 4 years ago

Man, that sucks. He was a big part of my life's soundtrack back in the 70's and 80's. May he rest in peace.

#5 4 years ago

That sucks. I'm glad I saw them last year on their history tour.

#6 4 years ago

I was wondering when the 3rd shoe was going to drop.

Lemmy, Bowie, Frey

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Lemmy, Bowie, Frey

I F, ing hate the 3 shoe rule. I wish we could have stopped at a pair. that hurt enough.

#8 4 years ago

Sad news again. RIP. This one goes way back.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Lemmy, Bowie, Frey

Talk about shoes that will never be filled! Icons, all three of them.

#10 4 years ago

We knew about this down in the basement an hour ago. You guys really should stop down more often.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-glenn-frey

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Lemmy, Bowie, Frey

Fourth shoe: Natalie Cole.

#12 4 years ago

No, WTF. How did he die. I should have laid out the cash for that last eagles concert.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

How did he die.

His intestines went bad.

#14 4 years ago

Good article for those of us who are curious what led to Glenn's particular state that eventually claimed his life. If it helps one person then it's worth it.

http://therowdy.com/article/eagles-glenn-frey-undergoes-major-surgery-as-band-cancels-appearance

#15 4 years ago

This really sucks. The Eagles were one of my favorites if not my #1. Ahh, but grief for the dead is selfish. We grieve because we selfishly miss the departed. The departed feels no pain.

#16 4 years ago

I grew up with these guys. Here's a simple one that shows just how good they all were. You don't need flashy to be good.

#17 4 years ago

If this keeps up, Sirius/XM are going to run out of special channels.

#18 4 years ago

And Ringo is still allowed to live. Where's the justice?

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

Good article for those of us who are curious what led to Glenn's particular state that eventually claimed his life. If it helps one person then it's worth it.
    http://therowdy.com/article/eagles-glenn-frey-undergoes-major-surgery-as-band-cancels-appearance

Nice to blame drugs and alcohol, but in reality, diverticulitis is part genetic, mostly poor diet with low fibre. The diverticulae are little out-pouches in the wall of the large bowel due to excessive pressure/weakness in the walls. They can become infected due to little "poo-traps" occuring for the bacteria to munch away on.

#20 4 years ago

I hate the f***in' Eagles, man.... but dying sucks, and I'm sad to hear this news. The Reaper has been awfully busy lately.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ringo??? What about Yoko??? I mean I think Lennon was one of the greats but man I cant forgive him for making Yoko a household name!

#22 4 years ago

All these old school rockers are about the same age now. They will start dropping off like flies. It's a sign we are all getting old. :/

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ringo is the only likable Beatle.

#24 4 years ago

Don't knock Ringo, I like his music. Brings back great memories!

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

Nice to blame drugs and alcohol, but in reality, diverticulitis is part genetic, mostly poor diet with low fibre. The diverticulae are little out-pouches in the wall of the large bowel due to excessive pressure/weakness in the walls. They can become infected due to little "poo-traps" occuring for the bacteria to munch away on.

It was Frey himself that attributed it to that. Not the OP of this thread, neither the author of the article.

#26 4 years ago

I know, didn't want to attribute blame. Just wanted to reassure all the legends of rock out there that their drugs and alcohol will kill them for many other reasons than bad bowels.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not cool man.

#28 4 years ago

I am sorry to hear the sad news about Glen Frey. I liked Eagles music circa 1975. Pinballs best year!

#29 4 years ago

Love the story of the writing of Hotel California. They wanted to write a song that felt like an episode of Twilight Zone, and basically made it up in the studio. Partially inspired/to piss of the Steely Dan who didn't like their regular music.

#30 4 years ago

Joe Walsh made the song Hotel California great!

#31 4 years ago

One of my favorite

#32 4 years ago

It's sucks getting older seeing all these older actors , musician that grew up with passing away ..

I saw the Eagles last year it great concert at all these late performers rest in peace

#33 4 years ago

The heat is off.
    RIP.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

That sucks. I'm glad I saw them last year on their history tour.

As am I. It was an awesome show.

#35 4 years ago

"No matter if it's herion, cocaine, or hash - you've got to carry weapons cause you always carry cash" One of my favorite lines from the Miami Vice days - R.I.P. Glen

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Ringo??? What about Yoko??? I mean I think Lennon was one of the greats but man I cant forgive him for making Yoko a household name!

Quoted from Electrocute:

Don't knock Ringo, I like his music. Brings back great memories!

Quoted from Methos:

Not cool man.

I like Ringo, too. But he is the official whipping boy of the Beatles. When Harrison died, The Onion published a front page headline that said, "Ringo Next." I'm still laughing about that.

#37 4 years ago

#38 4 years ago

The first time I went into an arcade I remember two things to this day,Zenon and the Eagles album On the Border.
    The music was cranked up and when Already Gone was came on it just felt so good.The little buzz,Zenon and The Eagles.
    Good to be young!The music will live on!

#39 4 years ago

I suggest everyone go burn one and listen to Eagles music.

#40 4 years ago

I finally got to see them for the first time on their History of the Eagles tour in Las Vegas last year. Glad I didn't put that one off until the "next tour"...RIP.

#41 4 years ago

I worked on the Trans Alaska Pipeline back in 1975. We used to work 9 weeks straight (7/10's) then get 2 weeks off. Couple days before R&R we'd crank up Eagles "Already Gone". Great band.

So sorry.

R.I.P.

#42 4 years ago

Life in the fast lane surely make you lose your mind

#43 4 years ago

Buffin from Mott the Hoople also passed away today. RIP

#44 4 years ago

Man, sucks hearing this. I grew up listening to all of the Eagles albums and playing pinball... even covering most of their songs in my teenage years. I'm glad I got to finally see them in concert a few years ago. RIP Glenn.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Lemmy, Bowie, Frey

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Fourth shoe: Natalie Cole.

Make that 5, although not well known overseas Oz lost Stevie Wright just recently.

#46 4 years ago

there is a good documentary about the eagles on netflix. The wife was watching about 3 days ago. Talk about coincidence.

#47 4 years ago

I'll never forget travelling in Thailand and Vietnam in the late 90's. You would have thought it was the 1970's US. Eagles music everywhere-restaurants, cabs, train stations, airports, radio, etc. It was the weirdest thing and just shows how important their music was. Even my kids (8,11,13) know their music, especially anything from Hotel California.

#48 4 years ago

Total bummer.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Joe Walsh made the song Hotel California great!

Joe Walsh joined the Eagles and made them great.His musical style injected a bit of grit into the bands' sound and helped make them huge.

Sorry to hear this sad news about Glenn Frey,courtesy of Pinside.

You're right,Hotel California must be one of the top all time hits,a beautifully crafted song.

#50 4 years ago

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave... R.I.P.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 19.99
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.99
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 125.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    UpKick Pinball
    £ 32.00
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 99.95
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 32.00
    $ 27.95
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 45.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Other
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Led
    B & K Mods
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside