• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

xxaqzaaz (resized).jpg
Scratch 003 (resized).JPG
Scratch 002 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wickerman2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Somebody "keyed" my backglass at RMPS! Bunch of fairly deep scratches in a 3" or so square. Stay classy Denver

Is there any "fix" for this? Found a thread on using toothpaste...

Scratch 002 (resized).JPGScratch 002 (resized).JPG

Scratch 003 (resized).JPGScratch 003 (resized).JPG

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I feel like if you can feel the scratches with a finger nail, no amount of toothpaste will get it out.

They are fairly deep, you can feel them easy.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Safest "repair" is a new sheet of glass.

That would be a repro silk screened or bgresto backglass since this is an EM...so $300-400 which I can't do. I'm selling the game anyway so I just wanted to get it looking better. Maybe somebody didn't like my price on it at the show! The scratch was right above where I had the sale sign

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Wouldn't that affect the structural integrity of the glass?

These EM backglasses are so thin I'm a bit scared to use any high speed buffing tool as well. I'm going to try something by hand. If I can get the "white" look to the scratches gone that'll be good enough. It wasn't mint on the paint side to begin with. If this was one of my silk screened repros I'd be going berserk.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

On the plus side, Big Shot has a pretty ugly backglass to begin with.

Are you crazy? I love the 70's art. It's totally cool.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

your polisher will heat up the glass, causing it to explode.

That would be bad, right?

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

You're handling this way better than I could. I think buffing idea in timed intervals checking for heat is a good idea. Best of luck.

It's a $700-800 EM, hopefully the scratched glass won't make or break a sale or cost me more than $100. More of just a bummer in general. Makes me think twice about bringing games to shows unfortunately. I am selling it anyway so it's not like it was one of my keepers or a much more expensive game. Makes me appreciate the guys that bring the high end stuff to shows...never occurred to me anything like this could happen.

#48 6 years ago

What's a UV Pen? Is that like invisible ink?

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Which entitled young CO punk did you piss off?

No idea--I don't know any young punks these days. The only punks that would know me and my pinball machines would be pinsiders and I can't imagine anyone that owns a game messing with someone else's like that. I hope it was random, kind of freaky if it wasn't...and here I thought I was really likable or at least tolerable. My self image is now shattered.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Is it possible the glass could have been rubbing on something in transport?

No, the glass had pillows against it...only had the 1 game so I was treating it real nice

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

I still say it was damaged at the show so the show should buy you a new backglass.

It's probably in the fine print when you sign on...either way, this particular game I'm selling so I'm not making a big stink over it. More of an FYI. I'm going to try buffing it out which won't work(!), then I'm going to see how the clear nail polish works...along the line hopefully it will sell. I dropped my price $100.

EDIT: FYI: Dan has reached out and offered to compensate me for any damage. None of the other 300 games had any issues like this at the show so people should still feel confident in bringing games.

1 week later
#65 6 years ago

Sold!

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'll keep watching for the post on Pinside. I bought a game from a Pinsider and the backglass was scratched.

Ha! I gave a full disclosure

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wickerman2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/glass-scratched-by-lunatic-any-fixes?tu=wickerman2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.