• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

xxaqzaaz (resized).jpg
Scratch 003 (resized).JPG
Scratch 002 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider replayryan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 6 years ago

That sucks, I feel your pain I've had all sorts of damage occur from taking machines to shows in the past. Some people are just a**holes.

Unfortunately I don't think you're going to find a fix for that (other than replacing the glass) and the tricks that you read on the internet are more likely to make it worse IMO. I've tried many things in the past to repair scratches on CRT monitor tubes after people smashed through the protective glass in front of em like on Golden Tees and other arcade games. I've tried the toothpaste thing, wax, all kinds of products including cerium oxide. The latter had the best chance of a slight improvement but I literally spent hours polishing and got so mad at the lack of improvement that I polished the monitor tube with a drill until it overheated and burned a hole into the tube and imploded. Felt so good...til I had to dispose of the monitor

As much as it bothers you though, it's not likely to detract from the value of the game much (if at all) when selling it so I wouldn't let it get to you too much.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider replayryan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/glass-scratched-by-lunatic-any-fixes?tu=replayryan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.