Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140710_142140-625.jpg
20140710_142140.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 9 years ago

The glass was rattling on my new Star Trek Pro. I took it out, turned it 180 degrees and no more problem. I hope it lasts. You may want to try that first if you haven't already.

2 weeks later
#13 9 years ago

I have a question for those who use electrical tape. My newly installed shaker is rattling my glass. I tried electrical tape, but I could barely push the glass back in and am afraid I won't be able to get it out. I put the tape on the edge and folded it over to both sides. I suppose I could try putting it on just one side but then it will hang over and block the view of the playfield a bit. Anyway, is there a technique to this or something I'm missing? Thanks.

#19 9 years ago

I applied the electrical tape according to the post in the link, but still had the problem I described. Has anyone else encountered this and knows what to do?

Quoted from Nokoro:

I have a question for those who use electrical tape. My newly installed shaker is rattling my glass. I tried electrical tape, but I could barely push the glass back in and am afraid I won't be able to get it out. I put the tape on the edge and folded it over to both sides. I suppose I could try putting it on just one side but then it will hang over and block the view of the playfield a bit. Anyway, is there a technique to this or something I'm missing? Thanks.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Duct tape for the win! And only in a couple of places, not all the way around. That's overkill.

Do you think that will solve my problem?

#24 9 years ago

Thanks. Good picture. I tried that with electrical tape but still had trouble putting the glass in. However, I think I put strips on both the right and left sides of the pane. The rattling is on the right so I'll try to put the strip on that side only and see how it goes. I'll report back when I do.

#26 9 years ago

Just had a chance to put the duct tape on. I localized the area that was rattling and put about an 8" strip on that side. It took care of the glass rattle, and I can slide the glass in and out. Thanks TimeBandit!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/glass-is-rattling?tu=nokoro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.