Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140710_142140-625.jpg
20140710_142140.jpg
#1 9 years ago

The glass is rattling on my X-Men LE since I have added FF speakers. Where can I get a anti-rattling tape from? Best, Charlie

#2 9 years ago

http://flipperfidelity.com/anti-rattle-tape.html

I got mine from here a couple of years ago. Works well.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Thank you so much! Speakers are awesome by the way!!!

#4 9 years ago

Electric tape down the sides works also

#5 9 years ago

The glass was rattling on my new Star Trek Pro. I took it out, turned it 180 degrees and no more problem. I hope it lasts. You may want to try that first if you haven't already.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Electric tape down the sides works also

Listen to this man.

#7 9 years ago

Ironically just got my anti-rattle tape in the mail today to install on Tron. Bought it from Pinball Pro. A little pricey, but fast shipping and it worked like a charm! I would guess I have enough left to do 3-4 more pins easy.

#8 9 years ago

Didn't your FF kit come with strips of anti rattle tape? If not, contact Michael. I believe that's normally included as part of the speaker kit, at least it was on my 10" kit.
Do just one strip on each side and see if that's enough. If you put too much tape the glass gets hard to move. I think on mine I have 1 1/2 layers (2 on one side, 1 on the other) and it's pretty tight. Good part is the glass won't slide out when you remove the lock bar.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Listen to this man.

Yes indeed! I respect the markmon posts!

#10 9 years ago

Thank you all for your help!

#11 9 years ago

Play better!

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Play better!

I wish!

2 weeks later
#13 9 years ago

I have a question for those who use electrical tape. My newly installed shaker is rattling my glass. I tried electrical tape, but I could barely push the glass back in and am afraid I won't be able to get it out. I put the tape on the edge and folded it over to both sides. I suppose I could try putting it on just one side but then it will hang over and block the view of the playfield a bit. Anyway, is there a technique to this or something I'm missing? Thanks.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Good part is the glass won't slide out when you remove the lock bar.

I'am finding out those "Bent plastic" glare guards holds the PF glass sturdy when you remove the lockdown bar. I was caught off guard my first time removing a Stern lock down bar, glass just slides smooth right on out!

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Bad part is I just went to order some, and the shipping for ground was $12.84,which comes out to about $28 for a roll of tape-I'll try the electrical tape for that price.

#17 9 years ago

Cool. I was just having this problem with the glass rattling and that link you posted about the electrical tape is perfect. Thanks.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I was caught off guard my first time removing a Stern lock down bar, glass just slides smooth right on out!

I just cleaned the inside of the plastic rails the glass slides through on my NGG and now the glass also slides right out.
Amazing how much crud collects there in 17 years.

#19 9 years ago

I applied the electrical tape according to the post in the link, but still had the problem I described. Has anyone else encountered this and knows what to do?

Quoted from Nokoro:

I have a question for those who use electrical tape. My newly installed shaker is rattling my glass. I tried electrical tape, but I could barely push the glass back in and am afraid I won't be able to get it out. I put the tape on the edge and folded it over to both sides. I suppose I could try putting it on just one side but then it will hang over and block the view of the playfield a bit. Anyway, is there a technique to this or something I'm missing? Thanks.

#20 9 years ago

Duct tape for the win! And only in a couple of places, not all the way around. That's overkill.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Duct tape for the win! And only in a couple of places, not all the way around. That's overkill.

Do you think that will solve my problem?

#22 9 years ago

My ST glass rattled from a 300watt sub. A single 2 inch application of two layers of duct (or "cloth" to some) tape stopped it. I'll post a photo when I get home. You may need more than that, but see if you can narrow down the area from which the rattle emanates.

#24 9 years ago

Thanks. Good picture. I tried that with electrical tape but still had trouble putting the glass in. However, I think I put strips on both the right and left sides of the pane. The rattling is on the right so I'll try to put the strip on that side only and see how it goes. I'll report back when I do.

#25 9 years ago

If it still doesn't work for you with electrical tape I strongly recommend trying duct tape. It has a certain thickness to it that seems naturally vibration absorptive.

#26 9 years ago

Just had a chance to put the duct tape on. I localized the area that was rattling and put about an 8" strip on that side. It took care of the glass rattle, and I can slide the glass in and out. Thanks TimeBandit!

1 month later
#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

The glass was rattling on my new Star Trek Pro. I took it out, turned it 180 degrees and no more problem. I hope it lasts. You may want to try that first if you haven't already.

Totally worked for me! thumbs up!

#28 9 years ago

If you own a pinball machine you should own a roll of this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QDRRNE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

I use this not only on my pins but I end up using it around the house too. It's only $13 @ 75 feet long and I am on my third roll so far. I use strips down the sides of my PF's and backboard's to prevent it from scratching the side of the cabinet. I use it on the inside of BB hinges so it doesn't scratch the side rails. I use it down the edges and back of my glass to prevent rattling. Those are just some of the examples where it has come in very handy.

Jesse

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/glass-is-rattling and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.