(Topic ID: 291352)

Glass dust covers

By nitrojcrawf

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8616 (resized).jpg
    F17F2FC5-48B2-4494-81C9-8D6383350338 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Cover_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).png
    #1 3 years ago

I see Stern makes a glass dust cover. Does anyone else know if other Manufacturers make something like this or in a wide body cover. My wife bought me one for my birthday, I was impressed with it. Didn't think I was going to like it. I would like to find some more with other manufactures branding. Something wrong about putting Stern cover on a Bally Williams or CGC.

Cover_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).pngCover_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).png

#2 3 years ago

Pinshield, Here on Pinside.

On all my Games....Top quality, and a great looking Product.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinshield-the-pinball-glass-and-playfield-protector

Colors too!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #3 3 years ago

I'd be looking for more of a full cabinet cover to block the sun and reduce fading.

10 months later
    #4 2 years ago

Anyone had the stern covers and pinshield? Which would you recommend??

#5 2 years ago

I have both. Pinshield is similar to a yoga mat. Stern’s are thicker and different material. One cost more than the other. Personal preference. Both do the job

3 weeks later
    #6 2 years ago
    Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

I have both. Pinshield is similar to a yoga mat. Stern’s are thicker and different material. One cost more than the other. Personal preference. Both do the job

Thought I’d throw this out. I went to thrift store and bought some yoga mats. They are light rubber. Paid $2 each. I cut them to size and they work great for glass dust covers.

F17F2FC5-48B2-4494-81C9-8D6383350338 (resized).jpegF17F2FC5-48B2-4494-81C9-8D6383350338 (resized).jpeg
    7 months later
    #7 1 year ago

Anyone seen Williams,Bally or data East ?

Could have sworn I saw some at a show a few years back.
    Can’t find on any in Etsey

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from MJW:

Anyone seen Williams,Bally or data East ?
    Could have sworn I saw some at a show a few years back.
    Can’t find on any in Etsey

Here is where I get mine. I love them and you can specify what type of machine

ebay.com link: itm

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aflacjack:

Here is where I get mine. I love them and you can specify what type of machine
    ebay.com link: itm

Thanks but I’m looking for pinshield style with manufacture logo.

#10 1 year ago

GO TO MARKETPLACE TYPE PINSHIELD IN THE SEARCH..........TA DAAA

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I'd be looking for more of a full cabinet cover to block the sun and reduce fading.

Did you ever find one?

To make room I’m having to move some games into a room that gets lots of sun and would like to consider getting a few.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Did you ever find one?
    To make room I’m having to move some games into a room that gets lots of sun and would like to consider getting a few.

3 posts up?

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from zerbam:

GO TO MARKETPLACE TYPE PINSHIELD IN THE SEARCH..........TA DAAA

Pinshield doesn’t sell covers with manufacture logo. I have some of those .

Taa daa

#14 1 year ago

the only one i have seen are the ones that stern sells with their logo

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from zerbam:

the only one i have seen are the ones that stern sells with their logo

I’ve seen Williams ,Bally at Pinball show a few years back. . Didn’t think I wanted them so didn’t get them.

#16 1 year ago

A while back there was a European bistro selling stern style with JJP logo on it. Not sure they were licensed though.

#17 1 year ago

I have windex and a towel, gets that dust right off there for about 3 cents per application. Works with any era game. Fully licensed.

The towel is multipurpose and can also be used to set tools on while you work on the game next to it, or to soak up a beer that's accidentally spilled.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I have windex and a towel, gets that dust right off there for about 3 cents per application. Works with any era game. Fully licensed.
    The towel is multipurpose and can also be used to set tools on while you work on the game next to it, or to soak up a beer that's accidentally spilled.

Just don’t use windex on invisiglass or similar

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

Just don’t use windex on invisiglass or similar

I actually use Zep, both the foaming or liquid squirt style, best stuff I've ever run across. I assume the same rule applies for invisiglass though.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I actually use Zep, both the foaming or liquid squirt style, best stuff I've ever run across. I assume the same rule applies for invisiglass though.

I think the folks (like me) who would never buy a cover for a pin, also don't splurge on $300 glass, but I could be wrong. lol

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I think the folks (like me) who would never buy a cover for a pin, also don't splurge on $300 glass, but I could be wrong. lol

You arent! Lol.....

2 weeks later
    #22 1 year ago

from a personal perspective, we have significant amount of sunlight coming into the room during the winter (southern exposure) even with film on the windows and blinds - and looking to prevent UV damage to the playfield on my Eight Ball Deluxe....so $15 is cheap to pay for that protection in my opinion.

Again, this is a personal need - due to where our machine is located.

1 week later
    #23 1 year ago

I had some of those interlocking foam tiles ad used them to cover pf glasses. I cut them so cover just the class, not the side rails or lockdown bar. I like the clean look that gives but am wondering if it makes more sense to cover the rails and bar as well.

Any opinions?

IMG_8616 (resized).jpgIMG_8616 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/glass-dust-covers?hl=thomas3184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.