(Topic ID: 227923)

Gladitor : which transistors control the WEAPON lights? One is out.

By Smart_Bomb

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I am working on a Gladiator pin and the red LED lights that illuminate as you spell WEAPON, one of the led’s, the 4th one (“P”) does not work during game play but does work work in attract mode.

I have reflowed the led pads...and the molex connector pads....actually i reflowed every pad on that little board, and still no luck. That 4th light still won’t work during game play.

Can someone please enlighten me (see what i did there?) and hit me with some knowledge on what i should be looking at to repair it? Is it a certain transistor? Diode?

I have looked up the manual, but all i have found is a switch matrix. Nothing yet found to help me figure out what may be the cause.

#2 5 years ago

This has been resolved. I swapped led lights and it was the position that was bad, not the led. So i then tested the diode going to the 4th light and in circuit it read OL while the others read .55

When i pulled the diode out of citcuit it then read .55

So then swapped places with the diode next to it and everything works now. So even though i did reflow the diode yesterday, so maybe i sidnt flow it enough? I have no idea but it works perfect how...in attract mode and in play mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gladitor-which-transistors-control-the-weapon-lights-one-is-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.