Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 170 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tpf-2018-pitshandbat (resized).jpg
    Zombie_2 (resized).png
    AllStar_3 (resized).png
    Zombie_3 (resized).png
    ted zombie killer.jpg
    20171114_095650 (resized).jpg
    20171114_095707 (resized).jpg
    20171017_151047 (resized).jpg
    20171017_151103 (resized).jpg
    20171017_155440 (resized).jpg
    20170906_113140 (resized).jpg
    20170905_105344 (resized).jpg
    20170620_174346 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170622-201327 (resized).png
    IMG_8165 (resized).JPG
    20170324_121451 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'm also inter....."$4800 or so for zombies $4500 for retro".....
    Uhhh, never mind.

Lucky for you, you already own 2 perfect games that rate perfect 10s. No need to ever buy anything else.

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

For product release or the next update?</blockquotwase>

I was told late summer to early fall for expected production start date. Like all games expect a few delays and add a little to that. No money is due up front though so it doesn't really matter.

9 months later
    #109 6 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Heard back form game exchange....they don't have stock as its a special order....he said it takes 2 weeks....their pretty pricey for a pitch and bat game, but I'll still pull the trigger if I like how it plays

What is pretty pricy? I signed up for one at release at tpf and they haven't even emailed me. They were supposed to be $4800 per tpf last year.

#111 6 years ago

I guess I'll stick with an old school one for ton less. Doesn't make me feel confident that the have not communicated with anyone that signed up for a game.

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I can share direct experience and professional opinion regarding this title since I work for an operator that owns one from the first run and remains on route in a very large barcade venue, Zombie version. I don't need to speculate with first hand observations. He paid a distributor price well under $6K. The games have sold well for the first two runs with a present backlog of construction, after that I have not tracked information.
    Enthusiasts need to reconsider the market of who this game was targeted, and it was not PinSiders, or even pinball collectors new or old. It was an attempt to revitalize an area of interest which formally ended the last time in 1992. People forget there was THREE runs of SlugFest!, not two. The game sold well the first two times, and petered out the third due to market saturation. It seem to be working again with Gizmo Games, as many new players have NEVER SEEN a pitch and bat baseball game.
    General reliability and durability of the game is average due to the amount of wear and tear that both the pitching motor assembly and bat receive. The pitching motor has already been replaced once due to burnout, as it received substantial play on location and earnings which have been very good. Power settings are adjustable for the bat which is quite important. Playfield durability has had no major issues. In regards to features it is MUCH LESS than Slugfest!, although it does have the curve ball feature, but no DMD graphics or home run mechanical ramp. Sound quality is very good with crowds and scoring. The only real bonus is the running man unit, which is not significantly different from games made in the 50s, 60s, or 70s, but is simpler to maintain with less working parts. Scoring displays are old school retro and not particularly robust, but they remind me of the old Milton Bradley handheld games from the 1980s.
    If you are collector, IMHO, there are better options based on potential for long term support of the manufacturer as who really know if they will even be around in 2019?
    The EM classics are much more robust in terms of overall construction.
    Deluxe Official Baseball, 1962 World Series, Pinch Hitter, or 4 Bagger Deluxe (in at least in complete condition that have not been cannibalized). These are the "Big Four" of ALL EM baseball games. Most in superb condition (which is rare anyway) will cost an average owner between $2-5K. If you want "repaints" and "chrome" add at least another $1000, if that floats your boat. The primary perk of SlugFest! is the graphics and sound, everything else had already been integrated into previous games.
    Gizmo Games title feels very disposable designed for the basis of operator use, as compared to WMS P&B games I own or have owned. However, this game on location, has already paid for itself in terms of cost, and continues to make profit with no signs of stopping. It remains very popular.
    Good luck!

Here's my problem. They unveiled it at TPF to largely pinsiders and took many of our names for orders. Since then there has been zero contact or information from them. Now games are shipping and they have distributors and still zero contact.

All they had to do was send out a mass email and say "hey, things have changed and all games are going through this list of distributors. Please contact one of them to purchase your game as they will be shipping shortly."

Communication is key! I think the game looks super cool and is a blast. At $4800 I was really pushed to the max for it. At 6k now it's just not going to happen. I can buy 4 nice slugfests for that.

#132 6 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I was ready to pull the trigger at $4800 for a NIB pitch and bat....I suspect whats happening is demand is good, and most are going to operators (I highly doubt their paying full retail). For $6700 one can buy a NIB Stern Premium

When launched at tpf it was $4500 for the classic and $4850 I believe for the zombie one. Glad they are getting made as it's a fun game and I hope they sell a bunch of them. I just can't pay $6700 for one. $4850 was really pushing it for me. Oh well, life moves on.

1 year later
    #161 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Any updates on this? Anyone own one?

I've had the Zombie version for 9 months or so. I don't personally play it a ton but it by far the most played game when I have people over. No issues with it so far.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gizmo-games-is-doing-pitch-and-bat?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.