You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bitch-and-moan.gif
light_at_end_of_tunnel.jpg
mmle2.JPG
mmle.JPG
There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 10 years ago

To fellow insiders:

I will be calling tomorrow morning sometime to cancel, will post here right after I do. The order is through Jack. I will post the LE number so you know what to ask for.

#2 10 years ago

Man, that's commitment for ya.

#3 10 years ago

Wouldn't it just be easier to have Jack move somebody from his wait list (assuming there is one)?

Why open up the possibility of having a number of folks waste everyone's time by all calling in for the same slot?

#4 10 years ago

Can you transfer it to pinsider stangbat? He's thinking of putting one on location here in KC.

#5 10 years ago

A lot of things would be easier, extending my kindness to a fellow insider apparently is not? At least I'm not flipping my spot.

#6 10 years ago

I got excited for this at first...but it was just classic "pin excitement." I don;t have that much cashe` for that game....thanks for helping people that want the game.

#7 10 years ago

Has anyone transferred one of these to someone else? Just figured Id try and help out a pinsider who might not have been in the right place at the right time, the next on the overflow might not even be from here.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from BillE:

A lot of things would be easier, extending my kindness to a fellow insider apparently is not? At least I'm not flipping my spot.

Fair enough. But I suspect anyone with an LE order in was either at Expo or on Pinside in the first place ...

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from BillE:

Has anyone transferred one of these to someone else? Just figured Id try and help out a pinsider who might not have been in the right place at the right time, the next on the overflow might not even be from here.

Your spot is transferable.

#10 10 years ago

I believe by one of the other MMR threads...people were mentioning their pre-order numbers....saw a low around 1039 and the high over 1300...so I think he has plenty of people in line waiting already....considering they may only have 200 of the thousand to sell or less

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Moose615:

Can someone confirm this?

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Can you transfer it to pinsider stangbat? He's thinking of putting one on location here in KC.

I've got mine, got notified yesterday. Check being sent in today.

#13 10 years ago

I heard they pre-ordered out in 6 hours.........on another point that is the 5th MMR that has been cancelled in 1day

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

I heard they pre-ordered out in 6 hours.........on another point that is the 5th MMR that has been cancelled in 1day

There will be many more cancellations with a $1,000 refundable deposit, I can guarantee a ton of people bought on speculation alone with time to decide what they truly want to do.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Moose615:

Per Rick at PP "We do not endorse game number transfers between customers, and if we find any instances we may cancel the associated order."

#16 10 years ago

Wow, I have never seen so many drop out so fast on something? Why are so many people having such a sudden change of heart on this project which I think sounds exiting?

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Per Rick at PP "We do not endorse game number transfers between customers, and if we find any instances we may cancel the associated order."

They don't want a market of pre-sale machines being sold for a profit before the manufacturing. They want to make all the profits...

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

We do not endorse game number transfers between customers

I like it. Keeps them honest IMO. Sounds like dirty pool to me when someone is trying to make money on game that they don't even own yet. I'm sure that there are a some out there that aren't looking to profit on there number transfer but allowing it just opens the door for the "flippers" to get in there.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Wow, I have never seen so many drop out so fast on something?

I believe STLE may have won that battle 10 out of a thousand is only 1%, Far more bailed on STLE in the first 72 hours after waiting on pre-order lists for a year.

#20 10 years ago

I

Quoted from Pin_Crazed:Far more bailed on STLE in the first 72 hours after waiting on pre-order lists for a year.

Is it in anticipation of another title or unhappy with the game? STLE looked to be a decent game to me.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

I believe STLE may have won that battle 10 out of a thousand is only 1%, Far more bailed on STLE in the first 72 hours after waiting on pre-order lists for a year.

Yeah it's just not a "blow you away" type of game.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I

Is it in anticipation of another title or unhappy with the game? STLE looked to be a decent game to me.

I think he's referring to the fact that people are cancelling their ST orders in favor of MM...

Gary CAN'T be happy!

Jaz

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Wow, I have never seen so many drop out so fast on something? Why are so many people having such a sudden change of heart on this project which I think sounds exiting?

Really? 10 or 20 cancellations at best out of 1000 = 1.5% drop out seems reasonable especially since they are going to run "non LE" games as well (I know I know... gold trim, plaque and shaker amount to an anemic LE model)
The real benefit to the LE may be that you get your game next year instead of 2015 as the "LE" will be made first.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Metallica sure is.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Correct, expectations were high on STLE, price tag vs bang was not there. They had a run away hit on their hands, most anticipated machine in years, strong theme, awesome designer, everything was in place for them, could have been the most popular(sales) Stern machine, ever.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Really? 10 or 20 cancellations at best out of 1000 = 1.5% drop out seems reasonable

I don't disagree if that's the actual numbers but it hasn't even been a week?

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Guessing it is because they can't transfer/sell their spot and make a profit(gouge a fellow pinhead).

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

They don't want a market of pre-sale machines being sold for a profit before the manufacturing. They want to make all the profits...

I apologize for leaving that part out, if you are found transferring for profit your spot can be cancelled but you can transfer your spot

#29 10 years ago

This is what people are expecting minus the coin door. We will see how close the MMLE will be .

mmle.JPGmmle.JPG mmle2.JPGmmle2.JPG
#30 10 years ago

My god that is a really stunning driveway !

#31 10 years ago

I dont know about everyone else, but I'm not expecting the gold trim to be on par with mike chestnut's brass plating.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I dont know about everyone else, but I'm not expecting the gold trim to be on par with mike chestnut's brass plating.

I've seen a Chestnut brass plated TAFG in person and it was amazing, I don't expect MMRs to look like it, but still think it'll look good on there

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

My god that is a really stunning driveway !

I agree. It's nicer than my bathroom floor.

Quoted from Skins:

I'm betting you're right. My LOTR is trimmed with Mike's brass plating, and while it is the nicest I've seen, I'm still not in love with brass period. I had originally thought I wanted stainless on my MMR, then decided to stick with the gold, but after seeing Jim's picture, I'm leaning toward stainless again. It's not that it's not nice brass, it's just that the gold looks out of place on a MM to me.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

I've got mine, got notified yesterday. Check being sent in today.

Nice! Now just get IJ there and then you'll have my Top 5 on location.

#35 10 years ago

I believe that people are figuring out that the remake is a low cost inferior product remake of a great original. Who wants to open the back box only to find a single 5 by something inch board tacked in there. Then lift the play field to find a crowded tangle of surface mounted led boards' coils wires and other utility board strung about. Quit frankly if the Remake is done with a minimal of the existing remade individual board sets in the back box and the standard light boards under the play field. Then this would be a reasonable remake in my opinion not unlike BBB. But as it stands looks more like a high end zizzle. Sorry if this seems harsh to some but thats my opinion. And yes i'm a current MM owner but have nothing to lose since i have less than 4k invested in mine.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

I believe that people are figuring out that the remake is a low cost inferior product remake of a great original.

Dream on!

#37 10 years ago

It's way too early to make judgements on the build quality.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

I believe that people are figuring out that the remake is a low cost inferior product remake of a great original. Who wants to open the back box only to find a single 5 by something inch board tacked in there.

I DO!! The less the better. Newer technology usually equals smaller. What I want is the same play field and game.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

Sorry if this seems harsh to some but thats my opinion. And yes i'm a current MM owner but have nothing to lose since i have less than 4k invested in mine.

Just another MM owner pissing on others excitement (not all have done this I realize)....nothing to lose...sure

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

This is what people are expecting minus the coin door. We will see how close the MMLE will be .

mmle.JPG 66 KB
mmle2.JPG 87 KB

I just fell in love with the Gold trim
Sweet machine Jim!

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

I believe that people are figuring out that the remake is a low cost inferior product remake of a great original.

And what information do you base this inflammatory claim on?

Upgrading the electronics to modern day doesn't make the game "inferior". Roger Sharpe will not approve the remake if it doesn't look, feel and play like the original. All the playfield parts will be made per original WMS specs.
PPS would be shooting themselves in the foot and almost certainly kill any future games if MMR was and "inferior" or "cheap" copy of MM. This is a remake, not a replica, and I expect it to be at least as good as the original was from an overall quality standpoint until there is any hard evidence to the contrary.

People are dropping out of the LE because:

1) The SE has been announced, so they don't have to rush into anything
2) Their wives or significant others said "You did WHAT?"
3) They simply changed their mind
4) They had multiple orders in with different distributors trying to ensure they got a game.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

I believe that people are figuring out that the remake is a low cost inferior product remake of a great original. Who wants to open the back box only to find a single 5 by something inch board tacked in there. Then lift the play field to find a crowded tangle of surface mounted led boards' coils wires and other utility board strung about. Quit frankly if the Remake is done with a minimal of the existing remade individual board sets in the back box and the standard light boards under the play field. Then this would be a reasonable remake in my opinion not unlike BBB. But as it stands looks more like a high end zizzle. Sorry if this seems harsh to some but thats my opinion. And yes i'm a current MM owner but have nothing to lose since i have less than 4k invested in mine.

For a guy with nothing to lose... you sure are acting like a guy with something to lose?!

#43 10 years ago

Don't feed the trolls guys....

Quoted from Pintopia:

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from GreyScale:

Nice! Now just get IJ there and then you'll have my Top 5 on location.

Been working on picking one up (and another top 10 title) for over a year but the seller isn't selling. IJ isn't a top game on my list so unless the price is right, I'm not actively looking for one.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

So Planetary Pinball is going to push a turd onto their customers thereby ruining their reputation and future sales.

I will disagree.

Kim
http://www.WrongCrowdProductions.com/

#46 10 years ago

PPS conscerns me with all the "stipulations" they are putting for their first ... lackluster appearance.
$8K for a game which is already complete? no software development... no art generation?
I have my popcorn... expecting another woz type of delay.

I wish them luck; just don't see a good outcome in the end.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

mmle.JPG 66 KB

mmle2.JPG 87 KB

Really? I am not expecting that at all. Under PF looks different than what is advertise and I highly doubt that sort of gold finish will be present

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Really? I am not expecting that at all. Under PF looks different than what is advertise and I highly doubt that sort of gold finish will be present

Yeah, I am messing with you guys ! MMLE will not be that nice or detailed .

#49 10 years ago

When it was just the LEs, 1000 wasn't enough to completely change the market, just soften it up for awhile. I expected MM prices would be back to their craziness within a couple years. Pinball is becoming more and more popular. Assuming that trend continues, those 1000 could be gobbled up and there would still be a lot of hunger out there.

Now that the Standard Editions are in the mix, all bets are pretty much off. It really is a case of kit cars then. High end originals will be sought by a discerning niche of collectors, but for the rest of us who just want to play, MM NIB is worth 8k.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

Smaller boards are just leveraging new tech. Very likely it will be more energy efficient and more reliable, both initially (because of newness) and over the long haul. If PPS passes on the cost savings of manufacture to customers, then presumably it will be cheaper to replace as well.

As just one data point, the floating point performance (aka, the ability to do math) of the processors in high end smart phones are about 4 to 10 times faster than the Pentium 2 (depending on the benchmark used), which came out in 1997. They produce about 1/20th to 1/40th the amount of heat, which in turn means they're drawing those same tiny amounts for power.

The size of the boards in these remakes has nothing to do with how they'll perform or not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.99
$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/giving-up-my-mmrle-tomorrow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.