Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Gryszzz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

stir.gif
    #2 5 years ago

Looks like a good time...

#3 5 years ago

Animal cruelty .. not funny .. no symphaty

#4 5 years ago

Should have been a Natural Light commercial...

#5 5 years ago

You really can’t stop stupid. It’s my job to try, everyday.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from TomDK:

Animal cruelty .. not funny .. no symphaty

Though I'm in a Rodeo town (seriously, the kids get a week off of school in Tucson for something called Rodeo Week), I know nothing about Rodeos. I think the last time I saw a rodeo was 35-40 years ago when I was a kid. In any case, I wondered how those bulls were treated after your comment. Came across this article:

http://www.the-standard.org/life/entertainment/rodeo-issue-how-are-bulls-in-pbr-treated/article_3421e19a-91c7-11e7-9d76-2fdf8f78f336.html

Probably that is not how all are treated, but it is nice to know that some are treated well (I mean, for an animal raised for entertainment).

#7 5 years ago

Also, I think the second person tossed is a kid (who gets knocked out) -- horrifying.

#8 5 years ago

Soooo, people volunteer (or get paid) to be hit by a bull????

Seems about right.

I've been having my doubts about Darwinism lately, and this could tip the scales! You'd think this type of stupid would be weeded out by now.

#9 5 years ago

I believe this is called natural selection.

#10 5 years ago

You know, no offense to Kentuckians because I love the state, but they have stupid rednecks there. I once worked with a guy whose name was "Hunter". Also the Turtle Man is there:

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Soooo, people volunteer (or get paid) to be hit by a bull????
    Seems about right.
    I've been having my doubts about Darwinism lately, and this could tip the scales! You'd think this type of stupid would be weeded out by now.

Evidently there was a $100 bill taped to the bull. If you grabbed it when the bull charged by and stayed in the ring, you could keep it. That could have been dinner for a family of 4 at the Olive Garden (but probably won't cover the trip to the hospital).

#12 5 years ago

There is a similar game were 4 people sit a table trying to play poker. The bull is released, and the last one at the table wins the pot. However there are the rodeo clowns to assist the players, who are not up on being in the ring with a bull.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from lyonsden:

Evidently there was a $100 bill taped to the bull. If you grabbed it when the bull charged by and stayed in the ring, you could keep it. That could have been dinner for a family of 4 at the Olive Garden (but probably won't cover the trip to the hospital).

Wow. Just wow.

#14 5 years ago

Stupidity has no upper limit.

#15 5 years ago

I saw the other link that was posted earlier, not cool at all. and yes, people can be pretty stupid.

#16 5 years ago

Man people are hurt up. Broke and stupid is a poor combination.

$100 bucks?!?!

#17 5 years ago

I may be a terrible person, but I when I see bullfighting/bull-taunting events I typically root for the bull and have a hard time feeling any real sympathy or sense of loss for the injured/gored matador or “cowboy” (in quotes because real cowboys are neither stupid nor are they assholes and have no use for this nonsense).

If you are the sort of person who sees “sport” in restraining a 2000#+ animal whilst inflicting pain upon it, making a game out of avoiding its resultant wrath after it is released, then you rightfully earned your skewered pancreas!

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

I saw the other link that was posted earlier, not cool at all. and yes, people can be pretty stupid.

The video with the dark coloured bull is brutal. That was were 2 guys got flipped into the air. The 2nd guy could not get up, when the clowns noticed this, they motioned to the remaining players to leave the ring.

#20 5 years ago

I am usually only willing to put $.50 in a pinball. But, I might go $1 on this one.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man people are hurt up. Broke and stupid is a poor combination.
    $100 bucks?!?!

I know -- it would take at least $150 before I signed up.

#22 5 years ago

This is so weak compared to the Angola Prison Rodeo.

If you haven't been, you haven't lived.

http://www.angolarodeo.com/

Try Convict Poker, below:

#23 5 years ago

Schedule of Events
    Rodeos are held one weekend in April & every Sunday in October

Grand Entry
    Angola Rough Riders enter the arena at full gallop and colors are presented.

Bust Out
    All six chutes open simultaneously, releasing six angry bulls, with temporarily attached inmate cowboys. The last man to remain on the bull wins the event.

Bareback Riding
    Riders are expected to keep one hand in the air, and must stay on the horse for eight seconds to qualify.

Wild Horse Race
    Six wild horses are simultaneously released into the arena with short ropes dragging behind them. Three-man teams attempt to grab the ropes and hold the horse long enough for a team member to mount. The first team to cross the finish line while still on top of the horse is the winner.

Barrel Racing
    This is the only event in which inmates do not participate. It is a tour stop for The Girl's Rodeo Association. Contestants race their horse in a pattern between three carefully placed barrels. The fastest time wins.

Bull-Dogging
    The animal is placed in a chute, with two cowboys positioned just outside the chute. Their job is to wrestle the animal to the ground as quickly as possible. The team with the best time earns points toward the coveted "All-around Cowboy" award.

Chariot Race
    A new event that debuted in 2014, Chariot Racing comically employs the principle of centrifugal force that challenges the contestant's sense of balance with a twist. It can be likened to being pulled by a boat while riding a wakeboard. Contestants, holding a pitcher of water, mount a sled that is pulled at top speed the length of the arena by a horse and rider. Gravity takes over in the turn, as the contestant tries to stay on the sling-shotted sled while not spilling the water. The man who holds on and spills the least amount of water is the winner.

Wild Cow Milking
    Teams of inmate cowboys chase the animals around the arena trying to extract a little milk. The first team to bring milk to the judge wins the prize.

Bull Riding
    This dangerous and wide open event is what the fans come to see. Inexperienced inmates sit on top of a 2,000 pound Brahma bull. To be eligible for the coveted "All-Around Cowboy" title, a contestant must successfully complete the ride (6 seconds). The Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association rules govern this event.

Convict Poker
    It's the ultimate poker game, and even winning has a price. Four inmate cowboys sit at a table in the middle of the arena playing a friendly game of poker. Suddenly, a wild bull is released with the sole purpose of unseating the poker players. The last man remaining seated is the winner.

Guts & Glory
    A chit (poker chip) is tied to the meanest, toughest Brahma bull available. The object here is to get close enough to the bull in order to snatch the chit. This is the last event of the day, and perhaps the most exciting.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from zene10:

Wild Cow Milking
    Teams of inmate cowboys chase the animals around the arena trying to extract a little milk. The first team to bring milk to the judge wins the prize.

#25 5 years ago

#26 5 years ago

Yeah that was a great movie.

stir.gifstir.gif

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/giving-pinball-a-bad-name-cowboy-pinball?hl=multiballmaniac1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.