(Topic ID: 296462)

Giving me 500 points when plunger released

By Tony3Quarters

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tony3quarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hi Guys,

As I continue my attempt to get this Fire Queen working, now what I have is that when the ball ejects, or when the plunger hits hard, I get 500 points and 1000 added to bonus. I tried working with relay D, but it seems to be fine. If the ball eject gives me the 500 points before the through switch is tripped with the ball, it does NOT advance to the next ball. If the ball ejects and trips the through switch without giving me 500 points, it does advance to the next ball, even if the plunger adds the 500.

I originally though it was the D relay, because when I strike the body of the game somewhere near the plunger side, it gives me 500 points and the D relay clicks, but of course, banging on the machine could cause anything to trip.

Any ideas??

Thanks
Tony

#6 2 years ago

Thanks Guys,

I took a white piece of typing paper and slid it between the contacts of each switch on the playboard, one at a time, then hit the playfield sideways with a rubber mallet. One by one it kept giving the 500 points when I hit the playfield, but wouldn't you know it, the last switch I tried was the one that was too close and was giving me a false reading when I hit the playfield.

So I bent it away a little and everything is working fine down. No more false 500 points.

Thanks for your help
Tony

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tony3quarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/giving-me-500-points-when-plunger-released?tu=tony3quarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.