This past few days, I got some good work done on Hardbody. I started by replacing all old the star posts. The machine was missing a couple and when the new ones arrived, I realized how faded and tired the old ones looked, so I just replaced all of them. While most of them are hidden below plastics, I knew the faded ones would be under there and just decided to swap them all out. To "top" things off for detail work, I dyed the acorn nuts blue to go with the colors of the game, namely the blue. While I know there are colored nuts available, I did not decide to go with color until I saw the replacement nuts compared to the old ones. Like the star posts, a few acorn nuts were missing and I ordered the natural color units. When I saw them together, I decided to simply dye them so they would all look the same! Here are some of the pictures of the process, pretty simple way to make things look more "polished", with out having to order new acorn nuts and wait for them to arrive.
The lighting issue is 90% solved with the installation of a new U11 chip, a CD4011BCN. Overall, a rather productive weekend.
Yesterday the power caps finally arrived from Big Daddy as well as the power board Molex connectors (MLX™ 42002, WM series) from Digikey, so I replaced the old caps and pot, then the on the board the display headers and mating connectors and voila, display issue has been resolved. Last but not least, I burned (in effigy) the old cabinet, I thought about making it a donor, but it was far too gone, I found that out in how fast it was disassembled.
I feel like it has been a productive few days!