Modif extra ball3.jpg
Modif extra ball2.jpg
Modif extra ball1.jpg
Modif double bonus 2.jpg
Modif double bonus 1.jpg
sch-ma-modif-target-3abce7a.jpg_-893.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Sorry for my bad English....

If you are PURIST owner, don't read this topic, it's not for you !

A lot of 70' multiplayers have "drop targets reset", but not ROYAL FLUSH....

I like this title for its drop targets but once they are down, it's a total boredom, like Target Alpha/ Canada Dry anyway.....

https://www.retro-flip.com/t3565-REMONTER-LES-CIBLES-DU-ROYAL-FLUSH-AVEC-DECOMPTE-DE-BONUS.htm

https://www.retro-flip.com/t4005-ROYAL-FLUSH-OBTENTION-du-DOUBLE-BONUS-par-une-ACTION-DE-JEU.htm#p40560

To me, as this game was boring, I added :

- Drop Targets Reset
- Bonus Count before drop targets reset
- Double Bonus on 1st and 2nd ball with game action in 3 lanes or 3 standing targets (automatic for 3rd ball)
- Extra Ball in hole

And now, it's a BOMB like the best games !!!!

It's very easy to modify your game :

3 relays, some switches, some screws, different colors of wires and some time !

Drop Targets Reset and Bonus Count SCHEMATIC :

sch-ma-modif-target-3abce7a.jpg_-893.jpgsch-ma-modif-target-3abce7a.jpg_-893.jpg

Double Bonus SCHEMATIC :

Modif double bonus 1.jpgModif double bonus 1.jpg

Modif double bonus 2.jpgModif double bonus 2.jpg

Extra Ball SCHEMATIC :

Modif extra ball1.jpgModif extra ball1.jpg

Modif extra ball2.jpgModif extra ball2.jpg

Modif extra ball3.jpgModif extra ball3.jpg

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from kangourou:

If you want process in ENGLISH on PINSIDE

http://translate.google.com/ << That works too.

#3 10 years ago

Nice one , Great idea to have a bit more action and scoring . I will show this to a Royal Flush owner , I suppose these mods would be easily removed again with just a soldering iron and a few tools?

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Ralph67:

I suppose these mods would be easily removed again with just a soldering iron and a few tools ?

This modification is fully reversible with no hole or no screw on the playfield !

#5 10 years ago

This make a great game even better !! Nice Work !!

6 years later
#6 3 years ago

Interesting. My only thought would be that these changes make the game too easy (it's already a relatively easy game to beat IMO). Also, when the ball is in play it counts down bonus.. kinda weird to have a ball in play while that bonus countdown is playing itself out.

Also this negates the DIP targets... I kinda like cranking on that 3K target myself.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Interesting. My only thought would be that these changes make the game too easy (it's already a relatively easy game to beat IMO).

Easy game, for sure but reset targets makes the gameplay less boring.

Quoted from Dono:

kinda weird to have a ball in play while that bonus countdown is playing itself out.

It's not new. Jack in the box have a ball in play while that bonus countdown is playing itself out !

#8 3 years ago

I think this is the post that confused me about extra ball in RF, because it looks like the backglass was also modified to put the words “extra ball”. I love this mod, and love just the concept of modifications to EM machines.

But I thought all RF’s had extra ball, and that it was related to the “replay” when you reach a certain number of points, I.e., replay means extra ball. But someone told me that RF does not have extra ball. So I’m assuming replay refers to adding a game/credit, and not getting an extra ball. I got my machine randomly and it was set to free play by bypassing a switch on the game # motor in the back cabinet (See pic), so i the wheel that indicates number of games does not move. So I am right that the blinking light in the star shape where the mod says extra ball, refers to replay on the unmodified RF?

Also, is the method mentioned in the attached link the best way to put a RF on free play?
http://homepinballrepair.com/index.php/set-early-bally-stern-williams-pinball-to-free-play/

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

3CFBC8C5-B873-4A88-BB89-91F7ADF10BE5 (resized).jpeg3CFBC8C5-B873-4A88-BB89-91F7ADF10BE5 (resized).jpeg
#9 3 years ago

Your game looks to be set on free play with the zero position switch wires twisted together. This shows in the credit unit photo above. This is one of the most durable ways to do it.

I would tape or heatshrink the bare wires though.

#10 3 years ago

Thanks Mike. And so the “special” is a replay and not an extra ball, right?

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from kangourou:

Easy game, for sure but reset targets makes the gameplay less boring.

It's not new. Jack in the box have a ball in play while that bonus countdown is playing itself out !

For sure... I am well aware of that, however the reeling off of bonus on JJ is faster than reeling off a full bonus on RF based on the differing bonus circuits on those two games.

Don't get me wrong, I think mods on EMs are fine; I've actually done one on my Team One that enhances scoring when WOWs are maxed out.

#12 3 years ago

Wow! That is incroyable. Chapeau. Did you mod your Jungle Queen, too?

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinslot:

Wow! That is incroyable. Chapeau. Did you mod your Jungle Queen, too ?

Hi,

Here is schematic for JUNGLE QUEEN with targets reset + bonus count

schema JQ (resized).JPGschema JQ (resized).JPG

Take inspiration from this post :

https://www.retro-flip.com/t3565-REMONTER-LES-CIBLES-DU-ROYAL-FLUSH-AVEC-DECOMPTE-DE-BONUS.htm

#14 3 years ago

Wow! I am deeply impressed. Jungle Queen is a beautiful game with a great layout, but let down by weak rules- compared, for example, to fast draw and surf champ. I also really like what you did with Target Alpha. Another fantastic Playfield, but really weak rules.

BTW: What’s your professional background?

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinslot:

BTW: What’s your professional background?

I was real estate agent and I am retired since april 2020 !

#16 3 years ago

Nice Then you have plenty of time for Pinball. In 2013 I cycled from Nice to Duisburg via Lyon. Perhaps I was in the vicinity of your amazing collection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/give-your-royal-flush-drop-targets-resetbonus-count2x-bonusextra-ball?hl=pinslot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.