Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

deeproot Is having some struggles, But I am ok with the delay. Better to have a good product come to market than a flawed one. I LOVE the lighthearted wacky themes they announced. We all look back fondly at the random themes that came out in the 80’s and 90’s. There are only so many licenses left out there And soon they will dry up. It is clear to me that even Hollywood is out of original ideas cause they remaking films! The creativity of deeproot is there to fill the void. The money is there. The team is there. The confidence is there. Manufacturing is right around the corner and what we see will be the magic of yesterday’s pins, in today’s tech. Let’s all support the team at deeproot while they work out these kinks.

#2 3 years ago

Hey Robert!

#3 3 years ago

I would say a lot of people have supported DeepRoot. I, for one, am eagerly awaiting. But Deeproot (RM) has attacked other companies , claimed to outsell all manufactures, for years now and still we have not seen anything exciting outside of some touch screen lock down bar.

Oh and HollyWeird has dried up of any real ideas years ago.....

#4 3 years ago

Nice to see some positivity about deeproot...well said!

LETS KEEP THIS THREAD GOING AS THE OPTIMISTIC DEEPROOT HYPE THREAD!!!

The main deeproot thread has turned into a shitshow. I’m SO tired of hearing about the “Painbar” and other bullshit from the same negative people over and over again that have never actually seen the game in person!

So my suggestion once again...hopefully this can be a positive thread about the original themes, acquired licenses, future titles, etc. and all the bitching, whining, pouting, etc. can stay in the main deeproot thread. Deeproot does have a huge challenge ahead of them with manufacturing... so here’s to deeproot wishing them the best!!!

#5 3 years ago

To the OP...thanks for sharing your positivity and hope for deeproot as they do have many challenges ahead of them.

Some assclown already gave you a downvote for being positive about a new pinball company that if successful can only benefit all of us...unreal.

#6 3 years ago

So...which themes are people most excited about, least excited about, and why???

I’m sure next in typical Pinside fashion will be all the jokes and people slamming on Food Truck. Honestly, the art looks fantastic and could be a really fun lighthearted theme! That’s what pinball should be...fun...right?

#7 3 years ago

Thumbs down because your subject line is clickbait, you posted this in All Pinball, and this doesn't need its own thread.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Thumbs down because your subject line is clickbait, you posted this in All Pinball, and this doesn't need its own thread.

Fair point. OP, maybe change the subject to deeproot hype thread?

#9 3 years ago

OP’s First post after 3 years?
    Was downvoted for being a shill.

#10 3 years ago

Magic Girl was close to being complete, everyone agreed it was a stunning machine and the mechanical devices if completed would still be trend setting.
    Did they ditch it because of negative press? If so,I understand, but enough time has passed, they need to complete it.

#11 3 years ago

That's the beauty of the 1st amendment. You might not like what you hear but better that than the alternative right?

I'm on the positive side of this, likely because I'm not part of the Zidware settlement. I get the anger and frustration from that faction. They literally have no reason to have faith at this point. Too many promises and missed deadlines however, the negativity will dwindle if/when those wronged are righted.

I'm excited about AIW. A classic immortalized story like WOZ except the theme created will likely be sexualized. I'm a grown man with grown children so it doesn't matter to me, but they might want to consider an alternate family friendly art package since being PC is all the new rave these days *sarcasm*

And just in case anyone at DR is reading these threads here's a suggestion. Pick some supportive people on pinside and ship them a Beta product under NDA agreement. Simple whitewood will suffice. I recommend this because how many times have we seen new pins released will problems that require fixes. Let an avid pinhead find the ball stops/traps and any other annoyances instead of pushing a product that is flawed. My .02

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

That's the beauty of the 1st amendment.

There is no 1st amendment on Pinside or any other privately owned platform.

#13 3 years ago

I like what I have seen from them and I think I will be buying a game from them once they launch. All the down votes are hilarious. Pinside has lost its mind over a company that has done nothing wrong other hurt some feelings by putting down the competition.

#14 3 years ago

GOONIES never say die!

#15 3 years ago

Anyway you should clearly identify who this tread is about. In the title you should say Give Deeproot a chance. Is that so hard?

I hate it when someone posts a topic without a descriptor in the title.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Glenno570:

deeproot Is having some struggles, But I am ok with the delay. Better to have a good product come to market than a flawed one. I LOVE the lighthearted wacky themes they announced. We all look back fondly at the random themes that came out in the 80’s and 90’s. There are only so many licenses left out there And soon they will dry up. It is clear to me that even Hollywood is out of original ideas cause they remaking films! The creativity of deeproot is there to fill the void. The money is there. The team is there. The confidence is there. Manufacturing is right around the corner and what we see will be the magic of yesterday’s pins, in today’s tech. Let’s all support the team at deeproot while they work out these kinks.

Man where to start with this?

Deeproot isn't having struggles they haven't released anything yet. Whos not giving them a chance? its not even possible without anything to buy.

There's so many licenses that could be done and would great that its all most beyond the imagination, so that's crap.

I don't think many of us are looking for another company to fill any kind of void. I hope they release some great games and thrive but unless this was a drunken mistake with this thread, I don't know what the hell ur talking about.

Good day sir

#17 3 years ago

Im hoping they do well with what they release. I would rather them take there time and release a complete game rather than them rushing to deliver a piece of crap. This will be my first nib purchase when they release a game. I like the inovation they are trying to impliment and cant wait until it comes out. Good luck to them

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from Glenno570:

If Deeoroot were not having a go at the opposition... maybe I would give them a go. Right now they deserve all their returnl karma. You still cannot buy a game.

#19 3 years ago

First RAZA is not an unlicensed theme. It got licensed from zidware (the art) and not only that but also over the years the theme got enough intrinsic value to be on level with movie and band pins. Same to a degree though not that intense MG and AIW.

Second like others said before the time for original themes is over they should concentrate on the 80s movie license and the JPOP themes first at least first before investing (more) in the revealed unlicensed themes.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Makakka:

First RAZA is not an unlicensed theme. It got licensed from zidware (the art) and not only that but also over the years the theme got enough intrinsic value to be on level with movie and band pins.

This theory is insane.

Literally 99.999999 percent of the world doesn't give a wet fart about RAZA. It has zero "intrinsic value" and like everything else deep root it in fact has negative value at this time to the statistically insignificant percentage of the planet who actually is aware of it.

Posts like the above are helping me to understand the delusion one has to be under to STILL be taking Deep Root seriously.

#21 3 years ago

Can't give them a chance as they have nothing for sale. I hope they do well and have great success. Being honest, their success probably won't come from my wallet. I don't care for all the ipad, iphone, touchscreen technology in a pinball machine and their themes don't resonate with me. I hope that changes.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Can't give them a chance as they have nothing for sale. I hope they do well and have great success. Being honest, their success probably won't come from my wallet. I don't care for all the ipad, iphone, touchscreen technology in a pinball machine and their themes don't resonate with me. I hope that changes.

Agree.

10 months later
    #24 2 years ago

Ha! Why anyone put a deposit down I will never know. I started collecting pinball in 2019 and I even knew to stay a 1000 miles away from this.

#25 2 years ago

DeepF*CKED....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/give-them-a-chance?hl=clellison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.