917E1E02-4D38-49B8-958C-48C41BE51052 (resized).jpeg
30-pete-davidson-ariana-grande.w1200.h630 (resized).jpg
jr5HsfFLGQfqu1oCCuVLhM6BRDcO3y9w8OlxyA8sq5U (resized).jpg
zla1.jpg
chuck-berry.jpg.cf (resized).jpg
chuck-berry.jpg.cf-1 (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
Fo9zjbX (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago

Michael Jackson's Billy Jean might be the best pop song ever. Maybe not everybody's favorite, but very well could be the best. So hard to pass it up, and I don't think it gets "moldy" due to how much is in there.

Edit: If The Beatles' Here Comes the Sun falls under pop, that's probably it. Perfect melody, despite your challenge not to post it.

#9 5 years ago

Ok, I'll play by the rules. Broken Bells' The Ghost Inside is infectious, but not cheap. It translates wonderfully when played live. The vocals are godly and the bass beat is a toe tapper. I've shared the live version, which is a little more upbeat and less electronic.

#13 5 years ago

Enanitos Verdes - Frances Limon

Whether your speak Spanish or not, these Argentines can get you grooving along with them. You'll notice the main guitar riff, which has been shamelessly stolen and fought about by other artists, but this song predates their usage. The song is all pop, but it has bits of reggae, rock, and blues.

Latin pop and rock, the non-trashy stuff could absolutely dominate this list, by the way.

3 months later
#482 5 years ago

Gaz Coombes - Walk the Walk

One of the best songs from 2018 that just didn't blow up as it totally deserved to. Absolutely intoxicating from start to finish.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/give-me-an-absolutely-perfect-pop-song?tu=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.