Future Spa Restore!!!
Time to bring this Future Spa back to life. I picked this thing up a few months ago for $200. The seller said a buddy of his had it sitting in his basement for years and recently passed away. It came complete except it was missing the legs.
1. Solid cabinet except the typical crappy chipboard back panel
2. Nice playfield, pretty low wear, very restorable
3. Boards are pretty clean, minimal hacks
4. Displays are not burned, no measles
5. Nice plastics
6. Nice coin door
7. Entire machine is pretty clean!
1. MPU does not boot
2. Displays show garbage
3. No sound
4. Flippers do not work
5. Backglass is a mess (restoring separately)
6. Cabinet paint is very faded
7. Apron graphics are scratched up
Eventually I will do a full restore on this machine, but for now I'm going to get it working and wax it up and play it. I'll try to document problems and progress here as I go.
Here's a pic after I hauled this thing into the garage...