(Topic ID: 197993)

Girlfriends, Pinball & those annoying couch cushions rant

By tomdrum

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pillow-Fights-Girls (resized).jpg
    pillowfights-girls (resized).jpg
    pinwife (resized).jpg
    DSCN9936 (resized).JPG
    dam-breaking (resized).jpg
    Capture d’écran 2017-09-22 à 05.38.52 (resized).png
    stupid pillows (resized).JPG
    cant use bed too many pillows (resized).JPG
    Womanese-explained (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 6 years ago

Communication is the key, but it is often muddled by outside.forces.
    Right now, with the hurricane, my pins are everywhere.
    Lisa has been a trooper for the most part, but the gang of comments I'm up against come from Facebook.... people we have never met.
    They relate as over 50, mostly bitter, divorced women with dogs
    Over and over, " MAKE him sell it's YOUR house!"
    I end up battling strangers with it's OUR house.
    I can't begin to share the evil thoughts people share as "advice"

Needless to say, I hate Facebook!, And she hates when I call it out.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

The pinball bitching started about the same time as menopause. For those of you with a woman under 45, it's something in your future!

125,000 Percent true.

#51 6 years ago

Let's not forget Steak and BJ Day!

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

We discussed everything at length before she moved in. She even traveled with me to pick up project pins in year #2. The issue isn't pinball as much as her desire to decorate the house as she feels fit. Since she has done 2 bathrooms (1 of which I fully remodeled) kitchen, (I installed new countertops and flooring she picked), living room (installed new laminate floors plus redid the staircase in oak) master bedroom (built 2 new closets cedar lined, for her clothes) plus closed off a triangular opening into the upstairs master B/R for more darkness/quiet for sleeping. Huge project, had to source pine tongue and groove 150 miles away to match the existing wall. Had custom stain mixed to match 20 year old UV faded pine. Not easy. I did all this work myself. The last area I haven't remodeled is the basement. It's already nice. But after all my efforts she still whines about the basement needing "a woman's touch". It has 4 working pins, one project, 2 videos, pool table and kegerator. I think keeping my basement as I want is justified.

it never ends....42 years of experience!

#60 6 years ago

Just remember, everything you have and earn is "ours", and everything she earns or has is "hers".

Another damn fortune cookie I found once.

#76 6 years ago

My wife, whom I think has too many pillows, pales to the pictures posted earlier.

...and said so when she saw the pics!!

What would Freud say about this Pillow issue?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/girlfriends-pinball-those-annoying-couch-cushions-rant?tu=oldpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.