• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jdapolito
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Gin Chicago Coin, 1974
#1 9 years ago

have a gin pinball machine by chicago coin
every thing works but when credit button is pushed it will only give you one ball,this game's backglass reads balls to play . after credit button is pushed score resets and the number 1 is lit for balls left to play after it drains you can play one more ball then the game is over.cleaned up the ball unit on back still no help but it looks like someone tried to resolder some of the wires to the copper on the bakelite plate .i will try to send picture .any help is appreciated

#2 9 years ago

Have you got Gin set up as a add-a-ball?
Bump

#3 9 years ago

Not sure I thought it should automatically start you with 5 us the add a ball plug in the back head. I wondered how it worked since I can manually advance the ball unit to 11 balls

#4 9 years ago

looked on the back changed plug from add a ball
still only gives one ball

1 week later
#5 9 years ago

switched to novelty ,still game over after 1 ball is played .the ball drains and the bonus is scored nomally then it goes to game over and thats it .

#6 9 years ago

"Balls to play", means balls left to play, so at the start of a game it should step up to 5 or 3 and count backwards after a ball is played, 5,4,3,2,1 - game over.
So the step up sequence is wrong, is the stepper gummed up, or doesn't it step up at all?

#7 9 years ago

I will check .it doesn't seem gummed up and when it resets it steps up to 1 ball to play.

#8 9 years ago

looked closer at the machine last nite,the coin relay switch activates the ball unit it seems the switch on the score motor that activates the coin relay was always open i adjusted this and now i get the correct number of balls and the add a ball even works,so far.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gin-by-chicago-coin-will-only-give-one-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.