a15048710022067178368 (resized).jpg
sexpistols_nevermind_cd_lg (resized).jpg
IMG_2394 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0661 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
Trout_Mask_Replica (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0217 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emkay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#490 6 years ago

jellyfish_spiltmilk (resized).jpgjellyfish_spiltmilk (resized).jpg

smiths_queenisdead (resized).jpgsmiths_queenisdead (resized).jpg

#512 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Whiteheart "Freedom" are my favorite two of the genre.

My brother loved that album, I was more partial to the one directly after it - Powerhouse. Still never seen anyone bowl like that though.

But my pick for perfect CCM album would be Amy Grant's Lead Me On.

#520 6 years ago

That video always puts a smile on my face. I also get a kick out of watching the kids from Aaron O'Keefe's school.

#526 6 years ago

Can't believe I forgot about this one, I own multiple copies so I'm never without...

#529 6 years ago

On our wedding day my wife walked up the aisle to 'Here Comes My Girl'. We had this album on last night also, seriously bummed out by the news.

#544 6 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

This album spent a lot of years in my rotation:

Oh yes, that and the second one were panty droppers back in the day. Even if I hadn't liked them, I'd have had 'em playing!

Would it be too blue to make a list of albums that helped seal the deal? Y'know, like Peter Gabriel's Passion or maybe Moby's Play for the younger guys...

#551 6 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Crashdiet - Savage Playground. Although the singer left part way through the follow up tour....

At least he didn't leave the same way their first singer did.

I have a soft spot for that kind of glam/hard rock and the Swedes definitely have a knack for it. Ever hear of Jet Circus?

#553 6 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

RUSH...........Alll of their albums from RUSH 1 to signals , I would say are perfect. No need to fast forward any of their songs.

Funny you say that, I've been listening to Rush all morning. I'm good with everything up until around Test for Echo but Presto will always be the one if I had to pick. That probably has more to do with where I was in life when it came out than anything else.

1 week later
#560 6 years ago
Quoted from maglar:

Sports, and Fore! by Huey Lewis and the News.

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

#563 6 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

A Perfect Circle, Thirteenth Step: » YouTube video

Got tickets to see them in two weeks, can't wait!

Quoted from boscokid:

I was wondering where you got a bizarre notion like this, then I see you stole the line from the movie "American Pyscho"

Lol yeah it kind of gets quoted every time Huey Lewis gets brought up these days but sure, I "stole" it.

edit: and tying it all back together...

#567 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds - Tender Prey

Great album. I've been stuck on The Boatman's Call this year but it's quite different from his earlier stuff.

1 week later
#574 6 years ago

Damn, that takes me back! I wouldn't call it a perfect album but holy shit did I listen to Painless a million times. One or both of their albums is in the basement, probably with Roxette and so forth.

10 months later
#636 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I have added this to my short list. I listen to it daily now.

The orb

I fell asleep to the second disc of that album for years... This was their Dark Side Of The Moon, IMO.

2 months later
#649 5 years ago
Quoted from cooke:

Recently discovered The Beths from New Zealand. Check out this shining example of modern indie power pop with awesome female lead vocals (with a charming NZ accent) and some really great melodies and backing vocals.
Try out the title track, "Not Running" and "Little Death" for a good sampling, but seriously, the whole album is totally amazing from start to finish.
https://thebethsnz.bandcamp.com/[quoted image]

This is your fault.

0B2D75CF-05F2-4711-A67B-9DA8B35AE4CE (resized).jpeg0B2D75CF-05F2-4711-A67B-9DA8B35AE4CE (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#666 5 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Smith:

28 songs without a bad track is hard to beat...[quoted image]

28 songs in 53 minutes, baby! Dave Matthews mumbles longer than that between songs.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emkay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gimmie-a-perfect-album?tu=emkay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.