91cdfR03HkL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
71Q2D-XDOaL._SL1200_ (resized).jpg
289179 (resized).jpg
thesadies-1024x1024 (resized).jpeg
685fb40fde7e1e414ccfaf995ae94ce2 (resized).jpg
mbid-bd244f62-cb82-4afa-8b14-22e7d9055834-16663819150 (resized).jpg
a15048710022067178368 (resized).jpg
sexpistols_nevermind_cd_lg (resized).jpg
There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.
#401 6 years ago

Oh, Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine
That album was on autoplay for months.

#402 6 years ago

The WHO:
Quadrophenia
TOMMY
Who's Next

#403 6 years ago

Talking heads - Stop Making Sense

#404 6 years ago

Pop album: Boston (by Boston)
Instrumental: New York Connection (by Tom Scott)

#405 6 years ago

Sweet - Desolation Boulevard

The perfect mix of hard rock, punk and glam.

Amazing 4 part harmonies all glued together with Mick Tucker's spectacular shuffle beat; that guy has better meter than 99% of rock's celebrated drummers.

#406 6 years ago

Not many hip-hop fans around here huh?

Even though I only understand about 25% of what they say, I'd have a hard time finding any flaw in Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - E 1999 Eternal album.

I saw Tupac's All Eyez On Me mentioned. I think I'd rate that behind Me Against The World and The 7 Day Theory. Both of those are amazing from beginning to end. All Eyez has a little filler (understandably since it's a double album)

The original Chronic has some filler too, but the rest is classic.

#407 6 years ago

Fleetwood Mac Rumours
Pink Floyd Animals
Boston's first album

#408 6 years ago

Check Your Head is pretty much front to back.... actually almost all of the Beastie Boys albums were no filler, imho.

#409 6 years ago

Cat Stevens..."Tea for the Tillerman"... although I admit I can't stand "Longer Boats".

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Sweet - Desolation Boulevard

You might have noticed that one in the pile I made the other night.

#411 6 years ago

Heck, nobody's mentioned this one yet.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#412 6 years ago

Sweet is amazing. Consider the songs Ballroom Blitz and Love is Like Oxygen. These were two big hits and are still great songs, but they are completely different from each other. I didn't even know they were by the same band for a long time!

#413 6 years ago

I'm actually pleased when I can't find a full album on YouTube now...you gots to work for it.
VADER..."Reborn in Chaos" is my favorite death metal debut. No skipping shit on that masterpiece.

#414 6 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Consider the songs Ballroom Blitz and Love is Like Oxygen. These were two big hits and are still great songs, but they are completely different from each other.

Don't forget.. Little Willy, Willy won't go home.

And this all time classic.

#415 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You might have noticed that one in the pile I made the other night.

It must have got into my subconscious.....

#416 6 years ago

I played the $hit out of that album and Sweet is the band that first got me into hard rock. The song Sweet FA is over the top.

Set Me Free sends me into the stratosphere.

#417 6 years ago

#418 6 years ago

The who hooligans
Deep purple machine head
Alice Cooper killers
Fear the record
Circle jerks wild in the streets
Black sabbath paranoid
Kiss dressed to kill
Tom waits,swordfish trombones
the dwarves
Lou Reed Sally can't dance
David Bowie diamond dogs
Slayer south of heaven

There are so dam may ...

#419 6 years ago

In 88 when I was a wee 14 yr old lad the lead singer of westside Indy's Sweet FA moved in across the street. They put out their 1st album on MCA, which, especially back then, was pretty impressive. I was already a year deep into the Sex Pistols and Fear by then and didn't like hair metal one fuckin bit. But Steve Delong ended up being the best neighbor I ever had. And his girlfriend...MY MY MY--Penny was the foxiest chick in Indy back then. And my neighbor for 6 years. She ended up marrying Jesse James from lol Jackyl.
And that's just the beginning of that story.
Anyhow here's the best song off that album
https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLlAMWPj2QzXZ8QiBTgdRcm-bzYEYfeQgb&v=um4kbYeyXJs

#420 6 years ago

Probably the best album to come out of our local scene, and as close to perfect as you're gonna get around these parts.

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

In 88 when I was a wee 14 yr old lad the lead singer of westside Indy's Sweet FA moved in across the street. They put out their 1st album on MCA, which, especially back then, was pretty impressive. I was already a year deep into the Sex Pistols and Fear by then and didn't like hair metal one fuckin bit. But Steve Delong ended up being the best neighbor I ever had. And his girlfriend...MY MY MY--Penny was the foxiest chick in Indy back then. And my neighbor for 6 years. She ended up marrying Jesse James from lol Jackyl.
Anyhow here's the best song off that album
https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLlAMWPj2QzXZ8QiBTgdRcm-bzYEYfeQgb&v=um4kbYeyXJs

Took a listen and would have swore that was Slaughter!

#422 6 years ago

Matt Slaughter or Billy Slaughter the realtor? I'm thinking FUCKIN SLAYER.

#423 6 years ago

LIVE - Throwing Copper

IMG_5456 (resized).JPGIMG_5456 (resized).JPG

#424 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Matt Slaughter or Billy Slaughter the realtor? I'm thinking FUCKIN SLAYER.

81354924 (resized).jpg81354924 (resized).jpg

#425 6 years ago

Just trollin

#426 6 years ago

It was mentioned above but I would have to also vote for Tom Petty's Full Moon Fever. You can just start it playing and never skip a song. It's a GREAT album for playing in the car on a road trip.

#427 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Great story man had to be cool as a 14 yr old living next to a band with a record deal.
That whole album is great, I recently picked it up on vinyl. Heart of gold has been one of my favorite ballads since it came out.

1506042248410-172913332 (resized).jpg1506042248410-172913332 (resized).jpg

#428 6 years ago

Haha no way! Was the coolest shit ever. We worked on a paint crew together Steve and I.

#429 6 years ago

A fair bit of 80/90s grunge alternative but no mention of these two absolutely perfect albums..
R-3309450-1330518654.jpeg (resized).jpgR-3309450-1330518654.jpeg (resized).jpgClairvoyance_(Screaming_Trees_album_-_cover_art) (resized).jpgClairvoyance_(Screaming_Trees_album_-_cover_art) (resized).jpg

#430 6 years ago

Pt II of that story is absolutely worth mentioning. Steve DeLong's Dad was a 2 tour Vietnam vet. He makes it home...then gets his leg blown off at a Speedway HS football game by douchebag extraordinare Brett Kimberlin. You know, that dickpants that sold Dan Quayle pot. Like a year later he commits suicide.
Crazy.
Lyrics hit ya a lil differently knowing this.
Here's to you Steve Delong.

Added over 7 years ago: *Vietnam Vet*

#431 6 years ago

I thought I was the only one that ever bought a Mark Lanegan album.
Screaming Trees were so underrated.

#432 6 years ago

I do love these threads. For you guys stateside here are some perfect albums from aussie bands you may never heard of but should check out.

Spiderbait - Ivy and the big apples (alt., grunge)
Frenzal Rhomb - Meet the family (Punk. with a great sense of humour)
Jebediah - Slightly Oddway (alt., grunge)
You am i - sound as ever (pub rock)
regurgitator - unit (alternative)
grinspoon - guide to better living (alt rock)

#433 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I thought I was the only one that ever bought a Mark Lanegan album.
Screaming Trees were so underrated.

he's my favorite living artist for sure. he's still prolific with his releases and it's great stuff.

got to meet him a few years back, i have a portrait of him on my arm he signed which i got tattooed on.. fanboy i know.

#434 6 years ago

PetSoundsCover (resized).jpgPetSoundsCover (resized).jpg

#435 6 years ago

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

#436 6 years ago

I made a music playlist from 4 of my absolute favorite albums of all time. I can listen to these four records day & night forever!

best-albums (resized).jpgbest-albums (resized).jpg

#437 6 years ago

Here's one a lot of you guys probably never heard or heard of.

They were kind of an obscure band from the mid 70s that used to be members of Santana including the lead singer. This was their third album where IMO it all came together.

Unknown4 (resized).jpgUnknown4 (resized).jpg

#438 6 years ago

TCM is showing Gimme Shelter right now. Stones made a bunch.

BeggarsBanquet (resized).jpgBeggarsBanquet (resized).jpg

#439 6 years ago

1. KISS: Destroyer
2. The Beatles: Revolver
3. Led Zeppelin: Physical Graffiti
4. Black Sabbath: Sabotage
5. AC/ DC: Powerage
6. Aerosmith: Rocks

Each of these are must haves!

#440 6 years ago

Green Day, "Insomniac"....all killer, no filler

#441 6 years ago

One of the greatest instrumental rock albums! Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells

51d+tOoI0vL._SX355_ (resized).jpg51d+tOoI0vL._SX355_ (resized).jpg

#442 6 years ago

Not sure if this one was mentioned yet. Great album produced in '99 so both younger and older pinheads can relate to it.

IMG_4995 (resized).JPGIMG_4995 (resized).JPG

#443 6 years ago

Now here's to kick your ass! Pat Travers Band!

PT live (resized).jpgPT live (resized).jpg

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Now here's to kick your ass! Pat Travers Band!

Pat Travers replaced Ozzy Osbourne in Orlando after the Randy Rhoads tragedy. He put on an awesome show!

#445 6 years ago

With all the Seattle bands & collaborations mentioned, find it hard to believe no one has mentioned Mad Season. Every track phenomenal, probably Layne Staley's best recorded vocals. Always thought it was cool he did the cover artwork too.

ABOVE (resized).jpgABOVE (resized).jpg

#446 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

With all the Seattle bands & collaborations mentioned, find it hard to believe no one has mentioned Mad Season. Every track phenomenal, probably Layne Staley's best recorded vocals. Always thought it was cool he did the cover artwork too.

I'll check them out. Never my scene, but this is what this type of thread is all about. Rock, Jazz, Prog, Punk, New Wave , Metal, whatever. Good is good and I love discovering new music.

#447 6 years ago

Bob Marley - Babylon by Bus
Outkast- ATLiens

#448 6 years ago

Can't stand a redneck. Old school or new school. But at least old school gave us this.

#449 6 years ago

The great part of threads like this is that it shows the varety of people. Love that. 5 that I could listen to continually:

Album1 (resized).jpgAlbum1 (resized).jpg

Album3 (resized).jpgAlbum3 (resized).jpg

Album2 (resized).pngAlbum2 (resized).png

Album4 (resized).jpegAlbum4 (resized).jpeg

Album5 (resized).jpgAlbum5 (resized).jpg

#450 6 years ago

I believe Brian Wilson is touring this album for the supposed last time right now.

There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gimmie-a-perfect-album/page/9?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.